Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553

I’m on 3,42 and it says it is updated to most recent version. I can’t even get to 3.43!  Ugh!!

Best Answer
Maybe go through app store and select fitbit.
You may get an update option there instead of an open option.

Steve
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go to App Store and then find your profile pic in top right and then in purchased,  then my purchases,  search Fitbit, when it appears it should say update. I did that and mine doesn’t drain like it did the other day. I still have another issue but at least that’s sorted. 

Best Answer

I did a factory reset and updated the IOS app, now  the battery seems to be working fine.

Best Answer

After firmware and app update still getting

20% drain every 24 hrs. I’ve always gotten around 20% drain.

I run the watch with:

face button only

email notifications  (very frequent)

outlook notifications. (get a lot of these…work email)

text notifications (a lot of these)

calls on wrist!(phone)

All reminders to move, drink, wash hands, steps til 250/hr etc

Mainly use app to check data. Use watch primarily as a sensor.

Updated Firmware 6/8/21 7:00 am

Version 43.128.5.38

6/9/21 8:40 pm 100% charged

6/10/21 5:22 am 90%

6/10/21 7:14 pm 80%

6/10/21 7:35 pm  updated Fitbit app from 3.42 (1052) to 3.43 (1055)

Logged out and then back in.

Battery 80%

3:30 am 6/11/21   73% battery

7:44 pm 6/11/21    60% battery

6:50 am 6/12/21  51% battery

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone..automatic update in last hour to 3.43. Took off spo2, changed clock face. Too bad I can’t use that functionality since it is one of FB selling points. Will attempt a run with GPS today. 

Best Answer

After initially doing the 128.5.38 firmware update, I was having the same ultra quick battery drain issues as everyone else. But then after downloading the Fitbit App 3.43 update yesterday from the App Store, the battery usage now seems to be a bit more normal. I was also able to turn back on the Bluetooth on my iPhone 8, and my Sense tracker now seems to be able to sync more normally with the newly updated Fitbit app. While my battery level has only dropped about 13% over the past 24 hours, in my case, this was done pretty much with just wearing the Sense, and not really using any of the more battery draining features, such as the built-in GPS, and so forth. But if you're still having battery issues with your Sense tracker after doing the firmware update, I would probably at least recommend also trying the Fitbit app update to see if that helps to correct your problem.

Best Answer

I dis both, a factory reset and the IOS app update since three hours, and the battery level is still 100%.  I think this is the solution.  This was recommended by many of the group members and I tried it and it is working more than fine.  Some of the Android users also had the same problem and it was resolved by the factory reset.

Best Answer
Android and no factory reset needed. I did update the phone app, they
didn't update the old April release date but the app was new version around
a day or so ago.
Best Answer

Update: for the past 2 days, battery drain isn't as bad,  still not 'normal' or how it was before all these issues came about.  Uploaded newest app update on my iphone 8, hoping for the best today.

Best Answer

Hi,  

Do you know what FitBit will be doing for customers impacted by this issue?  For example, I can’t really use any of my premium features because having the app open completely drains the battery of my sense.  Will they be crediting us for a month of Premium?  This has been occurring for several days now with no resolution, so I do hope that there is some plan to do right by the impacted customers.

Best Answer

My Sense battery was draining, not it’s completely dead.  Purchased in December 2020.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer

There’s lots of hints in this post. It looks like there was a bug in the update this week so check if you have the latest. Go to my apps, click on your picture and then purchased. My purchased and search Fitbit as that will show an update. Disconnect Bluetooth and then reboot after update. Should clear. 

Best Answer
Best RegardsIbrahim SalamaSent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
>From my contact with FitBit support, it sounds like it is some sort of issue between the app on iPhones and the sense. They keep assuring me they are working on it. I am hoping they can resolve the issue soon. The only thing that helps is force quitting the app and keeping the app closed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Trust me…I wish a million times over that and the other suggested fixes work. They, sadly, do not.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same issue as above. I charged it to 100% and when I took it off the charger, it said I had taken 127 steps. Unless I was sleep walking, I did not that that many steps.  It wasn't even on my wrist!  I took it off the charger at 7AM and it was completely dead by 2PM!  I haven't even had my Sense for a year yet and have to factory reset it as well.  This is more than disappointing considering how much it cost. 

Best Answer

Your account of what is going on with your Sense is identical to my experience. So frustrating. I have had my Sence for less than 1 year. I am charging my watch at least 3 times a day. I have faith that Fitbit will get a fix soon. Otherwise I may just go to Apple. 

Best Answer
I suggest you try to search for and open your app from app store. If a different version is available it will give you the option to update.

Then restart the phone.
This worked for me and drain has now been acceptable for a couple of day (losing 18% per day). Also, didn’t need to update watch firmware.

Steve
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DHorton Don't!! It won't change anything. They sent me a new one because my Breathing Rate data didn't appear and the new one has the same problem only worst. Just three records since they gave me a new one back in March 

Best Answer
0 Votes