Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense battery draining after iOS app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there,

Our team has released the new Fitbit iOS App 3.43 version and it should be available for all of you. Please make sure to download it from the App store as this will resolve the battery short life issues experienced on your Sense. Take in mind that this and future Fitbit app versions will require iOS 13.4+.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued reports.

Our team is aware of the Sense not holding charge when syncing with iOS devices and they're working to bring a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend force quitting the Fitbit app on your iOS devices to prevent the battery from draining when syncing.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is truly appreciated and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer
553 REPLIES 553
My fitbit version is 3.43.
Everything else the same.
This is the rogue version i ghink.

Steve
Best Answer

Are you using iOS? If so, check out the following thread where Fitbit are posting updates on this recent bug

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/Sense-battery-draining-after-iOS-app-update/td-p/4866910

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following - it’s been 2 nights in a row at 100% bf bed and then sense is dead in the morning. Leading up to this, it wasn’t syncing well (like maybe it I was lucky every 3-4 days).  And notification not coming through 

Best Answer

I just updated the app to 3.43(1053). Give it few hours and let’s see how the battery goes.

Best Answer

Thanks just read that on another post it didn’t happen straight after updating was a couple days after I charged my watch at 8am this morning to 100% and now have 15% left

Best Answer

Lost 1% in four hours so it’s hard to understand the differing performances with the same firmware and app. Do these Sense devices all have the same hardware?

A few weeks back I was having all sorts of issues with syncing and short battery life. Since updating the firmware my Sense has performed well. I just hope that it keeps going like it is now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just Updated to 3.43 and seems stable after an hour (no loss of charge reported on watch, with bluetooth on and app loaded)

Best to check for updates in the app itself (via help and support option in settings)

Steve
Best Answer

My watch went from lasting 6 days between charges, to 10 hours after a recent update.

I've found a factory reset works the best, and has fixed the problem for me.

First, sync your watch and back up all info to your phone app. You may have to forget your bluetooth connection and re-connect several times, depending on the severity of your problem.

Then on your watch, swipe left until you see 'Settings', 'gear icon'. Scroll to the bottom, you will see, 'About Sense'. Scroll down again and tap on factory reset, and follow the directions to roll your watch back to the factory settings. Once that is complete, it takes several minutes, you will need to reconnect to your phone, and install all updates. With any luck this will fix any battery problems, and connection problems. It has worked for me on 3 occasions. I usually have to do it after every firmware update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t think one should have to accept less than what we have been promised by Fitbit. Just saying. 

Best Answer

Me the same. Flattened over night and overslept and late for work. Charged to 51 at 8 and down to 14 by 12. Fully charged and currently 62. Just updated so wait and see. 

Best Answer

Mine only flattened last night. I’ve been struggling with notifications too and it just keeps rebooting so I spoke to Fitbit and they’re replacing. 👍🏼

Best Answer
android, note 8: day 3 after update and things seem to be working much
better, including last night, regular power drain, and today, regular power
drain (including 90 mins bike ride with GPS). Not sure whether any software
actually changed or something else is going on but FYI.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues. 
Brand new Sense and I have to charge it twice per day!!!

Best Answer

And the worst is that there’s no efficient support from Fitbit.

Just bla bla….and we’re working on it to get you back in track

Best Answer

If I connect my Sense to the app on my phone it drains my battery to zero within hours. Essentially making the Sense useless. When will this last update be corrected? I have tried all the suggestions in the thread but still nothing fixes it. Too many bugs in the Fitbit products anymore. 

Best Answer
I updated the app to 3.43 yesterday and it’s all working fine now. There’s an option in the app to check and download.
Previously, the watch wouldn’t hold a charge overnight now i estimate it will last a good few days.

Steve
Best Answer

Same. Finally stopped draining after I updated the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, I bought the watch 8 month ago, and since the last update (I'm using iPhone 12 pro), the battery dies out from 100% to 10% in just 7-8 hours.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem since the last update.

Best Answer

Didn't actually do much, but as suggested by one of the group members, I switched the blue tooth off on my iPhone and the fast discharge rate was reduced by around 30-40%.

Best Answer