Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit not linking with myfitnesspal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My Fitbit and myfitnesspal will not sync or link together. Every time I try to link them the Fitbit website says 'it's not you, it's us' and explains and internal server issue. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the apps but it hasn't worked. Any suggestions welcome please! It's annoying me that myfitnesspal isn't recording all the steps I'm doing.
Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105
It's very annoying isn't it? I wonder when they will fix?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, can't get an answer or real help other than after several posts they've told me they are aware. It's been a month now. Totally irritating.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Mine worked for a day and now it doesn't again. I was thinking of buying a Fitbit Alta but what's the point in upgrading if the syncing between Fitbit and MFP has become so flaky?!?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't solved the syncing problem which I think is MFP as Fitbit is now getting data from them.

However the it's not you it's us error I did the following and it worked.

I opened the app on my iphone and clicked on more, then I clicked on apps and selected Fitbit and connect, this launched MFP website and I logged into it and selected allow access.

Like I said Fitbit is now getting data from MFP, but MFP shows the steps on the home page but isn't being updated.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
That totally worked!!!!!!!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
That did work, thank you. Hopefully they get it syncd soon.
Best Answer

Hey everyone, check the post I made here. Syncing might still be delayed due to the volume of requests MFP has received. Please be patient while they catch up! Robot Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the issue of steps not showing up on MFP.  I have a Surge & a Samsung S7.  All these fixes appear to be tied to iPhones.  I can't disconnect the app, as everytime I try, it does nothing.  Ben using MFP for years, but just recently tried to link to my Surge.  Everything says they're linked, but no steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have gone through the suggested steps to unlink and relink myfitnesspal and fitbit twice and still cant get MFP to recognize my steps. Step count is listed as 0 when I am actually only a few away from 10k. Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me when I did it on the computer, would not work when doing it via the app...

Thanks for your help xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me!  My FitBit and MFP stopped syncing, but I followed the steps that Andrew posted and it all works now!  It did take a couple hours for the app to update, but I did it online and it showed.  I was patient and eventually both of my apps updated and showed correctly.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, for me, these and all the other recovery steps I have seen have not worked for me. While I see the steps in Fitbit and on the check-in page in MFP, it will not add the steps to the exercise section of my diary or adjust my calories accordingly. 

Any other ideas?

Best Answer

I am not sure what happened but they sync with MFP started working again. I noticed it yesterday and the sync went back a couple days, too. I waited until today to see if it continued and it did. So, it appears my issue is somehow fixed but I have no idea how. If someone fixed the issue, then thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the help! This worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the steps suggested and still I am not able to connect to my Fitbit. What other options are there?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Pao115! Thanks for the troubleshoot that you've done. I would like you to confirm that you've done this unlinking procedure. If you've done and your data is still not transferring, then please contact MyFitnessPal directly for further instructions. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why do we keep having to re-set this, it's becoming Annoying xx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @MarieHoyle! You can learn more about how the third-party integration works by checking this post. Whenever your apps aren't syncing, you can unlink and relink both so they can start working again. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, I've now had to do it twice in the same number of days.  I agree, it is pretty annoying.  Hopefully MFP and/or FitBit can figure this out.  I still love my FitBit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for such clear instructions. I followed them though and my fitness pal is still not counting my steps from the Fitbit. No error message, just not syncing. Is customer service helpful? Any other instructions?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes