Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app and MyFitnessPal app not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have connected the the fitbit app to my fitnesspal app. My calories eaten from myfitnesspal are transfering over to fitbit, but my steps and workouts from fitbit are not transfering over to myfitnesspal.

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

It's nice to have you on board @calimcentee! Linking your Fitbit account with a third party app like MFP is a great idea. Robot wink If you are having syncing issues between both accounts, my best recommendation is for you to revoke access by logging to the Applications Page on your Dashboard > Click on "Revoke Access" under the MFP section > then relink the accounts.

Sometimes there might be a bit of confusion on knowing what information syncs with what account, so to better understand this, you can consult the chart below:

What syncs?
Fitbit > Steps > MFP
Fitbit > Calories > MFP
Fitbit > Aria measurements > MFP
MFP > Logged food > Fitbit

MFP > Activities > Fitbit

If you are not seeing your workouts or activities sync from Fitbit to MFP, this is because it actually works the other way around. Robot wink

Give this a try and let me know if you have any other questions or comments, I'll be happy to help you out.

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
I'm having the same problem. I have disconnected and reconnected multiple times but it will not show my steps in MyFitnessPal. I've noticed others are having the same problem, including some of my fiends. Is there a problem with the server???

Best Answer
Well... As soon as I posted this mine started working again. Not sure why but I'm happy
Best Answer

I'm also having issues. Food is flowing over to the Fitbit dashboard, however the exercise calories stopped flowing over from the Fitbit dashboard to MyFitnessPal around 4:20 EST.  I have unlinked the accounts and logged out of both to no avail. It sucks cause I walked 8 miles today and its not even counting!!

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing.  I had added a Quest bar earlier, then added a cheese stick to the same meal, but it didn't sync that.  So I went through the whole process of deleted allll my food from FitBit, disconnecting my FitBit from MFP, removing the FitBit adjustment from MFP and then connected them again.... and now I'm sitting at -81 net calories on MFP (when I still had like 400 left) and no food consumed on FitBit (meaning nothing synced after reconnecting them).  

This is like insult to injury after discovering the "8,185 calories in" for October 21st I apparently consumed. Smiley Mad

ETA:  The FitBit adjustment is now syncing with MFP .. but only one meal for the day has synced over to FitBit (ironicly it was the meal I had problems with earlier).  Le sigh.

Best Answer
Yea I was wondering how I ate over 11,000 calories on the 21st and over 12,000 calories on the 22nd. I about fell over when I received my weekly report. That should not be happening. Way to knock a person trying to lose weight off course.
Best Answer

You can go back in and delete the erroneous entries. At one point last week I had 22,000 calories.  It was tedious but I think they fixed he problem within 2 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had nine dinner entries, and I just noticed it today.  I slacked later in the week and dind't log, so I'm not really sweating it.  I am thought trying to hop back on the proverbial wagon as of today, and FitBit and MFP clearly have other ideas.  😛 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the tip!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for posting in the Community @Shoog975 @PrizePopple @calimcentee. After going over other posts about MFP, I was able to find a report from MFP in which they say they are working on the issues listed in this article.

Any questions or comments, let me know or contact MFP. 

Best Answer

My food log from MFP is not syncing with my fitbit. i've revoked the access as instructed.  I have logged out of both accounts and logged back in.  My steps are syncing just fine just not the food diary.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @natp7. It seems like this issue is coming from MFP rather than Fitbit. Have you contacted MFP customer support so they can check this out? I'll continue investigating from my end.

Any updates or questions you might have, let me know. Robot Happy

Best Answer

same here. revoked, un/re-installed same issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This has just happened to me in the last two days as well. Thursday food and all Data Sync between the two apps but yesterday and today I have nothing from other app that has been shared
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @shrs27 @Alicest! Thank you for sharing this information, specially what you were able to find out @Alicest. If your Fitbit account is not syncing with other apps, this will need to be investigated. I'll forward this to the rest of team. Any new findings, please let me know.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had issues with MFP and fitbit not syncing for days. I've done the following steps numerous times and it's still not resolved.

• Disconnect your FitBit from your MFP on the MFP website via Apps > FitBit Tracker > Disconnect.
  • Revoke access to MFP on the FitBit website via Settings > Applications.
  • Re-connect FitBit to MFP on the MFP website via Apps > FitBit Tracker > Connect.
  • Finally (and the most important bit), in the MFP app on your phone, go to More > Steps and you should see its set to "Don't track steps", select FitBit from the list and now the steps should be showing again on your home page in both the MFP App and website along with the Exercise count.
Best Answer
I will give it a try
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for joining this thread @J0J02016 and for sharing this workaround, hopefully this can help others experiencing this issue. 

@natp7 Let us know if this worked out for you. Robot wink

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I contacted MFP and they said the issue was with Fitbit. I wasn't surprised at all. Great news though... my issue has been resolved. It took lots of effort. I had to unis tall both apps from phone and pc and reinstall everything. It was enough just to revoke access. I hope this helps.
Best Answer