Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noom app is not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit is not syncing with my Noom diet/exercise app.  So, not all steps counted.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
108 REPLIES 108

I love Noom too. I like that it gives you small obtainable goals. It’s finally syncing. It’s slow but at least it’s doing something now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad you’re back on with NOOM!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit was not syncing either.  I disconnected and reconnected in the Noom app but that did not fix the problem.  You have to hit the refresh button next to the disconnect button because it is a manual sync.  It says to refresh periodically.I think that you can go in and change it to auto but you can always go refresh to get it to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes
I saw that refresh option, too. Thanks for sharing! Happy NOOMING!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences on the matter.

Glad to read that some of you have been able to sync, hopefully this continued working without any issues.

If you have the time, be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think its a deal breaker for me also.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Considering that I wear my Fitbit 24/7, I can always see my # of steps.  I am having success with Noom so it really is too much of an issue for me that it is t syncing perfectly with Noom.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @spk191 and @Cdnfit.

Sorry for my delayed response.

@spk191, Have you tried some of the steps listed in the thread to get it to work?

@Cdnfit Glad to read that it is indeed working out for you. 

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to add that the revoking access step recommended here makes it worse. This is because the noom app will not disconnect from fitbit because it no longer has access and turns up an error.  So now the fitbit app doesn't have noom in the allowed apps, and noom still shows as connected to fitbit and will not allow me to disconnect it. Not good.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After contacting tech support, they fixed the problem and it was working for awhile, but of late it has not been very reliable, though I'm not sure if this is Noom's fault or is being caused by my fitbit not syncing with my fitbit app unless I actually open the app (I'm not sure if it was always that way and I just didn't notice before because I used to open the app more.) 

Anyway, I've decided to just set my goal in fitbit and not worry about whether that goal gets checked off in Noom or not. 

Overall, I like the Noom app, but I wish they'd let you customize the program a bit more, so that you don't have to bother with the aspects you don't find useful (like the coaching in my case.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sweek ,Change your step goal to "manual" 10,000 steps on the Noom app.  For some reason, when I leave it on auto so that Noom can set the steps daily, it won't update the Fitbit steps.  When I changed it to manual, and set it to 10,000 steps, it updates to the steps registered on my Fitbit Versa.  Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Tekaronhiakha, @SunsetRunner, and @bgshaw825.

Thanks for sharing your experiences on the matter. 

If you are experiencing issues even after trying to disconnect the apps and connecting them again, I'd recommend getting in touch with Noom directly. They should be able to take a closer look at what is going on given that they are the ones that developed the integration. You can click here to go to their support page.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yea I am trying Noom for the free 14 day trial and have run into various things that I think will make this not work for me in the long run. Fitbit not syncing is kind of a big one. I was carrying my phone with me everywhere, but when I don't have pockets or my purse on me, i'm not going to just hold my phone the whole time - it's just not feasible. And Fitbit would not sync. The other problem I encountered with Noom is you can't create custom meals - I mean yea you technically can log each individual ingredient - but when I create a meal it's usually more than one serving and it won't let you do that (that feature is reserved for iphones and ios not android. I'm also finding my coach to be MIA - she's sent me a couple messages but not enough to justify paying $32 a month for it. The best feature of Noom I find are the short articles with information. Does anyone know of another source that would have something like that? Little motivational guides, informative tidbits and tips to stay on track?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally broke to code for my problem with not getting steps from Fitbit.  Went to Apps & Devices, then Connected to the Health app.  This was the key, as I had tried everything else!  Chose Fitbit under Steps Data Source.  Went to Connect additional devices and "refreshed" fitbit, which was already connected.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Connect to the Health app.  Select Fitbit under Data Source.  Connect and refresh Fitbit.  Simple as that.  I had tried everything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The key is to Connect the Health App.  Don't have any idea why, since you should still select Fitbit as the data source.  Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

this work perfectly to connect my fitbit to my noom account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem I am having is when I  press th Fitbit app in the noom setting it doesn't go to fitbit, but to facebook and Google.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  I had this same problem.  By allowing nook access to everything on my Fitbit account it finally solved it.  When I was trying to limit what Noom could see, that is when it wouldn’t work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I revoked my Fitbit and reactivated it and it showed by steps to that point.  Then refused to track any additional steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes