Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Strava syncing with Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/7/2018: Hi Everyone - we made some mitigating fixes and syncing should be back to normal now. This is not a retroactive fix, so old activities may not sync to Strava. Please let me know if your GPS activities are still not syncing. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Update 9/5/2018: Hi Everyone, we are currently investigating issues with Strava and Fitbit syncing. If you GPS activities are not syncing to Strava, please let me know. We are also investigating why some users are receiving a 500 Internal Error message. Stay tuned for updates and thanks for your reports! 

Moderator edit: labels

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 09/07/2018: Hi Everyone - we made some mitigating fixes and syncing should be back to normal now. This is not a retroactive fix, so old activities may not sync to Strava. Please let me know if your GPS activities are still not syncing. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

My ionic/Fitbit app is not pushing my runs over to Strava. My bike rides are loading just fine, so I don’t think it’s an authorization issue, but not exactly sure what to do?

I have deleted and reinstalled the app on both watch and phone along with resetting authorization. No luck with the runs (Which do show in Fitbit). 

Best Answer

@SantiRthe sync is still not working (did the reauthorization step also). Is your backend issue not resolved yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @mtiller03, thanks for stopping by! Also, thanks for troubleshooting this. Nice way to go!

Please keep in mind the maps of your activities won't be shown immediately once Strava is selected, but it is necessary selecting each activity in order to access them. On your Ionic you will be able to see the last 10 workouts. For information about what data will be transferred between your accounts please check out this post. The following activities won't be synchronized to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previously completed activities
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think there is a misunderstanding of the issue. 

Im saying my runs are not pushing to Strava in general. Being honest, the Strava app within the watch is quite useless so I’m not concerned about seeing anything there. However, I did s Ride and a Run yesterday and only the ride is showing up on the stand alone Strava app (on my phone). The run does show in my Fitbit activity so I could go online, download the file, port it to Strava. But that should all happen automatically. 

Best Answer

@mtiller03 it's not the first time FB to Strava backend link has broken. See this: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Is-FB-to-Strava-link-down/td-p/2882043/page/3

Best Answer
0 Votes

True @GTPune but as

with any third party app, the problem could be on fitbits end or Strava's end.

With any connection failure with a third party app, it is best to contact the third party, 

They did set up and maintain the connection. Fitbit simply provides the needed tools.

The only help we can only suggest to remove the third parties permission to your Fitbit account, then set up the connection again.

The other option would be to contact the third party, since they have the tools needed to see what is happening. Fitbit does not, nor is responsible for the connection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My cycles are recording and logging correctly on my Fitbit app and web dashboard, but don't appear to be syncing across to my Strava app. I have removed the connection and reinstated it and also removed and reinstalled the apps, but still doesn't seem to be working 😞

I have seen a few other posts similar to this and tried the solutions given there, but I am having no luck! 

Please can someone help! I am pulling my hair out!

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue read the recent moderator post on this thread and stop wasting everyone's time. FB has accepted that this time issue is on FB end.

Best Answer

I am also struggling to get my charge 2 to sync with strava? I have removed and reset but still didn’t sync. Do you have to open strava app before a ride? 

Best Answer

I'm not sure of your point @GTPune the latest post in the tread that you point to is from @MarreFitbit and she points to this post, which says basically what was posted here.

The closest I can find is this post where @MattFitbit states "I checked with our team and we are not currently aware of an outage that may be affecting user". However Matt goes on to suggest revoking access and setting up again, with no mention of which end the problem is on.

I checked with my brother last night and his Fitbit Bike rides have been syncing to Strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I complained about this a while ago but got no response from fitbit. The Strava app is useless but the constant issues with just basic uploading of data to Strava is a pain. fitbit use this as a selling point so make it work!! 

Such a glitchy product. never any apologies from fitbit. Shocking piece of kit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, steps to reproduce

1. https://strava.fitbit.com/

2. click connect

3. choose weight and click allow

4. got json

// 20180904223439
// https://strava.fitbit.com/auth/fitbit?code=4b3fc81917a7ace1fe72a483dfa16480e202f181&state=I-txNbV54Q...

{
"statusCode": 500,
"error": "Internal Server Error",
"message": "An internal server error occurred"
}

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue here read this post 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Is-FB-to-Strava-link-down/m-p/2927359/highlight/true#M68559

I also raised a ticket with Strava and they confirmed that all is ok on their side. Fitbit is not pushing data to them so they can't do much. 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20180905-072519.png

And here is the response from Strava. 

Best Answer

I've been having the same problem with only runs not syncing to Strava since the 11th of August. Walks (hikes) are working perfectly and sync withing a minute of finishing the activity.

So we've established that cycles and walks sync to Strava ok, but runs are not working.

Please fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the past several days Strava has been syncing sporadically. Only a couple of my activities have synced. I've reset my device, updated both apps, logged out of both apps, disconnected both and reconnected the link multiple times to no avail. Help?

Best Answer
I'm puzzled to see that you're having problems with Cycles syncing to Strava, for me it's only Runs that are the problem, and Walks and Cycles are working ok.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm noticing the same thing. They've had issues before, where it's just stopped updating to Strava, and it's always been sorted eventually, but I don't recall it being like this, where some activities sync and some don't 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Runs are not syncing, but Walks and Cycles sync ok.

I've done all the revoking and re-connecting palaver, unfortunately to no avail.

Best Answer