Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth error when syncing with iPhone 11 Pro

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I try to sync my Fitbit with my new iPhone 11 pro with iOs13, it fails and gives the error message that I need to enable Bluetooth (even though Bluetooth is running). Turning off/on Bluetooth or closing the app doesn’t help.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
101 REPLIES 101
It is an old fitbit zip -- when I got my new phone - after downloading the apps, etc., it would not sync or update.  I went back to my old phone, logged out of Fitbit and then the app started recognizing my new phone right away. I think it thought that the old phone was first so it wouldn't recognize the new phone until I logged out.  Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That is interesting because the Zip has been around nearly as long as the One. I don't get as far as having sync issues. When I go to add the device, it keeps telling me to turn on blue tooth which it is already on. I deleted app from old phone, turned off old phone, it doesn't matter. My Bose wireless headphones connected to new phone with no issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I have a Alta HR Fitbit

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

FIXED! 

Sorta. I had to remove my Fitbit and uninstall the app and reinstall and reconnect it like its brand new. Then the Bluetooth worked. To get notifications to work for things like WhatsApp and Facebook messenger I had to uninstall those apps then reinstall them and when I went in I was prompted to allow notifications, which I wasn’t before. Doing this allowed me to add them to Fitbit once I got a message. 

I imagine this is all just weird permission based crap caused by people doing backups versus installing an app for the first time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you DC...that was the fix for me also. You saved me a lot of time and frustration!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

Finally got my One to sync with my iphone 11.  Not sure if Fitbit updated the app or not but I removed and reinstalled the app and this time I got the message from iphone saying Fitbit would like to use bluetooth of which I allowed.  I previously did not get that message.  Anyhow after that, it paired successfully for which I am pleased.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this solved my problem! Same thing! Thanks so much!  I was going crazy trying to figure out why it wouldn’t connect on my new 11 and then I just turned off my old 6 plus and boom it connected! 🤪

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it worked!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like a lot of us are finally migrating from fairly old iphones (the 6 family) and finally taking the plunge to an iphone 11😀

Best Answer
0 Votes
My iPhone 6 started having all kinds of problems beginning in October so I decided it was finally time to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's nice to see you here in the Forums, and welcome to our new members. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate you for the steps that you've tried on your own, as well for sharing other suggestions in this thread. You've done a good job and I'm glad that the steps advised in this thread worked for some of you.

As you may know, the Fitbit app hasn't been optimized to work with the iPhone 11 Pro and this might be cause some issues when syncing or receiving notifications. Our team is working hard to add this phone to our supported devices list and you can also add your vote to this request posted in the Feature Suggestions boardThe more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

For the ones that are still having this issue, while there isn't a guarantee that it'll always work there are some steps that we can try to troubleshoot the Bluetooth connection between your Fitbit devices and your phones. Please give a try to the following in the given order:

1. Remove your Fitbit device from the Bluetooth settings. If you had a previous phone, remove it from there as well.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that aren't in use.
  3. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version (3.7)
  4. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile's icon > Fitbit device image.
  6. Tap on notifications and follow the prompts to pair via Bluetooth.

For the ones that are having issues to receive notifications, try the steps above and then set the notifications one more time. Also, make sure to enable the three types of alerts that appear on your phone's settings > Notifications > Messages.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer

I’ve done all of this - my phone all notifications are now coming on my Charge 2 but sms still not 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue with my Fitbit One.  I removed the device on my phone and then added it again and it’s working fine now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all the suggestions and no luck getting my Fitbit synced to my iPhone 11 Pro. This sucks! Costs too much for the device not to work. When is the fix supposed to be ready? 

Best Answer

Chefcourt is it not syncing or not connecting to your new iphone?  Either with IOS13 or iphone 11, not sure which, every time a new device tries to access bluetooth, there is an IOS popup stating that this device is attempting to access bluetooth and you have to choice to allow or deny.  In my case, I never received that message and hence when I tried to connect my Fitbit device, it told me to turn on bluetooth when it was already on.  I removed and reinstalled the Fitbit app and this time the IOS popup appeared asking for permission to connect to bluetooth of which I allowed.  After that, I was able to pair my fitbit device with my phone and then syncing has been fine as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem.  Followed your advise and it worked perfectly.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I remove the app completely off my phone with I lose all previous data?

Best Answer

No, all the data was still there when I reloaded it.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes