Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercises recorded in a different time and not showing data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 4/1/2020: For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, please update your device to version 3.18. Thanks for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update: 3/5

I appreciate everyone's feedback and contributions on this thread. I understand where you're coming from about not being able to log your exercises and sleep data correctly in the Fitbit app, and thanks for the steps you've tried while troubleshooting this matter.

This issue should be resolved with the next app update which is currently rolling out and should be available to 100% soon. Please make sure to keep your Fitbit app updated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitbit Update: 2/28

Hi everyone.

We're aware about the issues with the exercise data and time not being correct after syncing with the Fitbit app. Our team is currently working to identify a resolution as soon as possible to all our members. We're sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Please subscribe to this thread so you can receive future updates about this matter.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
465 REPLIES 465

This week I’ve had a few weird errors with exercise tracking. I worked out Monday night and logged the activity, then a day or so later noticed that it had randomly changed the time of the workout to the early hours of Tuesday morning (assume a time zone issue)?

Today I worked out this morning and it wasn’t auto-recognised, so I logged the workout manually. It came up as not having enough information available to show heart rate, calorie burn etc. even though when I look in Heart Rate section of app I can see that it has measured the spike in heart rate during my workout. Very odd! Is there a way I can fix these issues?

Best Answer

I just checked with Fitbit just now and they said it’s due to the latest iOS Version. They are looking g into it and will release new version of Fitbit app for iOS device. 

Best Answer

This week, I used the app twice around 7:10 am (my daily routine) but the app has logged this as 1:46 am start! The total time for the 5Km run is correctly shown, but the remaining stats are not showing up. First time I’m seeing the error. I am not able to edit the start time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope! The guy I spoke to said he had to send it through to his supervisor
or sthng. Anyway I’ve heard nothing back from them! I went to the App Store
and read the reviews of this latest update and heaps of other ppl have the
same problem. Shameful not their part!
Best Answer

When I manually enter a workout, it is not storing in my account at the correct time. For example- last night at 7:00 pm I manually entered a martial arts workout, and it is showing in my active minutes at 2:00 am this morning. Not really a big deal, but it’s making it appear as though I didn’t workout yesterday.

Best Answer

I’m having same issue!!!

Best Answer

I have the same problem and reported it to them and was told it was due to not having the update so they said they would send it to me via app but i have yet to receive any update. So frustrated with it!! This issue actually changed every work out I have logged going back all the way to when I first got this device and switched out my old one. 

Best Answer

Have the exact same problem and I really need for it to work.  I am training for a marathon and I really need it to work too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrated. Connected GPS has not properly recorded mileage/data on my

last two runs. Kept getting error message when I tried to contact support via the app. Finally called last night. Person was nice, but didn’t offer any help. Now, the app won’t even sync today.  

791C1FC6-06EE-4679-921A-9BE49F85648D.png

Anyone else having issues? 

Best Answer

Mine is also tracking exercises and sleep 8 hours off. 
i can manually enter exercises but then there is not enough data. 

Best Answer

Hello there @ldavis2895, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided and for letting us know about the data not available when you manually add your exercise. We appreciate your report it today.

As our Support Team has informed you, we’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.​​​​​​​

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This didn’t work for me!  I’ve closed the app, reset the iPhone, logged out of the app, closed it, & logged back in— all without success.  

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer

The recent iOS App update (version 3.15.1) has wiped out some of my data.  I use a TRX and log my workouts after the fact (start time and duration) and never before had a problem with data being attributed to the activity.  Since the update, it is no longer correlating the data (heart rate and calories) and now I have noticed that all my historic data for this workout has been replace with "Not Enough Data Available". 

What happened, will it be fixed?

Best Answer

Same , but also my tracker shows the time as 5 hours ahead of current time. So even though I’d just walked 18 minutes back to work starting at 2:00pm the tracker shows Null not enough info, and time at 7:00pm.  

Best Answer

@amcawley   Please correct me if I am wrong.  You hike/run looks like it was tracked with SmartTrack, that it was auto- recognized.  The three Walk sections are look like they are divided by pauses.  Did you have these pauses in these sections?  I can't quote a number from a Help article or a manual, but my experience with SmartTrack is that if you stop for about five minutes, the auto tracking ends that exercise time.  Also, SmartTrack doesn't recognize Hike.  Sometimes I get an exercise tracked as a Walk, but I felt like my cadence should be Run.  I am not surprised that all three parts are tracked as Walk.

Did you also track this as a Hike on your Exercise app?  Can you post a screenshot of the details of the Hike?  Can you give more details of how you tracked this Hike/Run?

This looks like the Android app layout.  Some iOS users are describing similar "time shift" issues, where things are listed in the future with no details.  This seems to be an app issue, not a device issue.  But it would help having more details before it is reported to the engineers.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same experience three days in a row. Initially steps, calories and heart rate are null for my logged exercise. 
Then a bogus exercise event is logged with a time stamp of 5:01 even though the actual time is 3:30. When this happens the heart rate, calories and steps all get loaded into the fields that were previously null. 
They’re making progress. It took 7 months from the first time I reported this but this is real progress. 
I have learned a lot from my Charge 3 over the past year. It really has made a difference in my life and I now see the value of a wearable device. I also see the limitations of the Charge 3 and I’m ready to jump off the Google data mining express too. 

Best Answer

GPS, calories, time stamp, etc are not recording accurately. And there are duplicate workouts, sometimes 3x but still not reflected in calorie count. When I manually input the activity it still won't apply the calories to my daily balance.

Best Answer

This is what it has been doing the last 3 walks I did this week. 

63BDAED0-1DE5-49E9-AE79-3D0298BCD198.png

Best Answer