Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercises recorded in a different time and not showing data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 4/1/2020: For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, please update your device to version 3.18. Thanks for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update: 3/5

I appreciate everyone's feedback and contributions on this thread. I understand where you're coming from about not being able to log your exercises and sleep data correctly in the Fitbit app, and thanks for the steps you've tried while troubleshooting this matter.

This issue should be resolved with the next app update which is currently rolling out and should be available to 100% soon. Please make sure to keep your Fitbit app updated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitbit Update: 2/28

Hi everyone.

We're aware about the issues with the exercise data and time not being correct after syncing with the Fitbit app. Our team is currently working to identify a resolution as soon as possible to all our members. We're sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Please subscribe to this thread so you can receive future updates about this matter.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
465 REPLIES 465
Still doing the wrong time stamp with the gps even after deleting the fitbit app, reloading and signing in again!!!Here’s a screenshot.  

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

Hey Laurie! 

First, I have an Iphone. I was attempting to track my exercise solely by using the app, which is how I have always done it - mainly for this very issue of it not really figuring out when I'm walking/running, etc. and because it pauses when I stop for water, etc. On Monday, I hiked/ran as usual - I actually don't choose a type of exercise, because in the long run it didn't really matter to me as long as all the other info was there. When I use the exercise app and track it, it typically gives me a nice summary with a map of my route, a pace by mile, calories burned, and impact on my day. Love that display and it's how I have ALWAYS tracked my activity, not by using the auto recognize on my tracker, or selecting a hike/run/walk, whatever, on my tracker. 

For some reason, on Tuesday, I went about doing my normal way of tracking the exercise, through the app, and it came up with the auto recognized portions, and then a random small bit walk 6 hours later that filled in the blank spots of the auto recognize. I have no idea why it started doing this. It happened again on Wednesday, which was when I came here. 

On Thursday, I turned off all the auto recognize ability on the app/tracker. Then I tried to solely use the app tracking of my exercise. While it seemed to track me just fine throughout the exercise, when it went to sync at the end, everything went bonkers. It measured me traveling .63 miles in 1:21:25 and only 201 calories. No map. No pace. And clearly wrong, since it was a 5.5 (ish) mile hike/walk/run. 

So, I have no idea where to go from here. The system is clearly messed up. 

I'm not comfortable posting most of my screenshot with maps on the forum because it includes my home. But my Thursday hike on the app showed up like this, originally, then changed to this. (See attached 1 and 2) I wish I had screenshot what it looked like originally, but this was how it ended so you can see it was clearly further than .63 miles and it had not trouble GPS tracking it while I was in process of exercising. 

Thanks for any help.

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1417.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes
Awful collapse of Fitbit app
Best Answer

I logged onto my fitbit account on my laptop. There were 2 different runs on 3 different days so I deleted each of the duplicates. Then went to the app on my iphone and logged off and back on, synced and the data showed up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is definitely aware of the issue.  For those of us who have active support cases, they are reaching out to de-bug this issue.  I genuinely think they are trying to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. 

Given the complexity of the algorithms that run in the background that work in conjunction with your mobile phone OS, it may not be as easy of a fix. 

However, I wish that the moderators could send out a general communication addressing this issue, which has affected a lot of end-users. 

Best Answer

I initially realized that my heart rate data was no longer recording. The graphs are gone, the avg. BPM no longer shows, and I only get the Impact on your Day specs at the bottom. Then I realized, as I scrolled back through previous day's workouts...the time displayed for when I did the activities are ALL wrong. I'm in the gym every day from 5:30AM to 6:30AM average. It's got days where it shows I was in there at 11:44PM and other weird random times all over the place for weeks and weeks as I look back. What in the world is going on? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, it would be nice if they could post something about the issue here. My app is back to doing the same thing again. 

Best Answer
Agreed. And I feel like their customer service are being purposely obtuse. I have clearly explained my issues with screen shots and they keep giving me the runaround until finally they admit this is an issue that they did not have a solution for.

Elizabeth Craig
Best Answer

This will be my first and probably my last message to fitbit.  I have a Charge 2.  Used Timex and Garmin heart rate monitors/watches for quite some time.  Never had a problem.  BUT, a friend convinced me to try Fitbit.  What a mistake!  Since July 2019 I have not been able to get a record of my heart rate activity during my runs on the tracking function of the Fitbit app.  I have tried every recommendation I could find on the community board and the support pages of Fitbit.com.  Now, not only can I not get a record of my heart rate, I'm now getting the "Not enough data available" error message and even more of the data I like to track is missing.  In reviewing the community posts, it appears that these have been long running problems with Fitbit with no solution in sight.  Sigh...guess I need to stop whining and just either go back to Garmin or try an iWatch.

Best Answer

The time is off and incorrect for the sleep tracking as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having this problem as well. I’ve only noticed it this week as I’ve been a bit slack with exercise. 
I get all the right voice cues and notifications through my earphones but it’s not being recorded properly.

I track my walk, location services and Bluetooth are all good. I’ve done a soft reset on my inspire hr - and no change. 

C333C703-D364-452B-85DC-B0D831B004CB.png

This walk is about 3.25km and the voice cue at 3km said my average pace was 10m10s per km. 

And was asleep at 12:19am

BA1D6BF4-DAE6-4DFA-BCEE-A9F4CDE98E1F.jpeg

Using an iPhone XS and Inspire HR

Best Answer

me too 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought the problem was my older Alta model, so I went out and bought a new Inspire HR--that didn't solve the problem.

This is VERY annoying!

Best Answer

This worked to correct my times on my sleep log but when I tried to enter my exercise manually again it still said not enough data available and it screwed up the times on my sleep log

Best Answer

Yeah me too

The last week I've done two walks.

Both of them log as TWO events.

- One is the map and that's it, no splits or anything. The time is correct

- One is the "exercise" recording my details, but it's the wrong time (looks to be not taking into consideration the time zone)

This is frustrating

I have an iPhone XS, with a Charge 3, LATEST app and firmware.

It makes me not want to use it

Best Answer

I track my runs directly on my iPhone 6. I am not using a Fitbit device.

For the last week, once I’ve completed my run, my exercise map and mileage splits are lost. Under the calories burned the following message appears “not enough data available”.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So for those still following this thread. Spoke to Fitbit support, the suggested logging out the app then log back in. This did not change the inconsistency after logging back in, however after awakening this morning, all the sleep tracker times were correct.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@amcawley   Thank you for your in depth reply.  @michj26  There are a number of reports of the app tracking everything wrong since a recent app update.  

I will bring the to the attention of a moderator.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tracking hr for excersize entered was never a problem with the charge 2 until this past week. Wondering if fitbit sale to google means no tech support now???
Had a second edition i watch- was only set up for running, and cumbersome to sleep in. Excersize data tracking with hr supposed to be better now, just expensive.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Last night after I logged my yoga workout my Fitbit said that there wasn’t enough info. I resynced and still nothing. This morning I woke up and my 20 active minutes were logged for 1:15am! All my workout times are about 5 hours before or after they actually occurred. My time zone is set to the correct one and I’ve restarted and shutdown my Fitbit and nothing seems to fix it. 

Best Answer