Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food log not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When adding a new food from the food database I just keep getting the spinning icon. This is happening more and more so frustrating when you are trying to log your food. Have tried logging out of the Fitbit app. Shutting the phone down then logging in again no success 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181
Thanks will give it a try.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AsheMischief,

I've had "spinning wheel, food log" problems for many months. The 3.43.1 update on my iPad has solved all of them. Be sure you get it. I can now log my food without any delay during searching or logging. Sometimes when I pop back to the main food screen, there are some entries that are populated after a few minutes but that's not a problem because I know the new food has been logged correctly into the database. One other feature: I had been turning my Bluetooth off just to log food. Then, I would turn it back on. Now, I can leave the Bluetooth turned on all of the time. I have no complaints any more !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to know but that doesn’t Solve the iPhone 6 issue with the food log. I guess I have another reason to upgrade that too. Still need to try shutting off Bluetooth for that

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My issues continue to persist - spinning wheel, duplicates.  Having to wait so long between posting foods I’m realizing I’ve missed adding some foods so my calorie counts are likely underreported - many of us have grown to rely on certain products like Fitbit to help keep us on track / achieve certain goals - when there is a product failure, especially one that has lasted so long, isn’t there some level of corporate responsibility that should kick in to compensate affected users?  

Best Answer
I tried the work around of turning off your Bluetooth before trying to log
food and it worked! Annoying that we have to find work arounds but at
least this is something positive.
Best Answer

Hello all, thank you for the updates. 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I appreciate your feedback as it help us to keep improving. I would like to advise that this issue should now be resolved with the release of the Fitbit app (3.43.1). Please update your app if you haven't done so already. 

If you continue experiencing difficulties, please verify if your iPhone's software is updated: open your iPhone's settings > General > Software update.

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still having the spinning problem!
Best Answer
others have mentioned shutting off Bluetooth and that seemed to help - did you try that?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have updated to the latest release of the Fitbit app, and I am still having the spinning problem when I search for a food and try to add it.  And now, when I pull up a food I've got on my Frequent or even Recent list, no other food pairings come up with it anymore.  It used to give foods that I'd eaten with that certain food, and now nothing.  And again, my iOs is completely up to date on my iPod, it is charged, and I've tried logging in and out and shutting it off, etc. etc.

This problem continues to persist and is NOT fixed at all, in my experience.  This is ridiculous already. 

Best Answer

Hi Liliya,

All of my issues are back - spinning when adding food, duplicate entries, wonky calorie counts. Seriously guys….what is going on??? I have an iPhone 11 and v 3.43.1. I notice when the counts are off it appears to be an item missing from the desktop dashboard food log or duplicated in the mobile app. The syncing is not working correctly between the mobile app and desktop, which is causing the duplicates and incorrect calorie counts. I generally have to remove the duplicated item, add it on the desktop food log, then open my mobile food log and wait a couple minutes for the API to sync the data. Not ideal…

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve noticed I’m having the same problem now too (common food pairings not showing up).  Still the original problems persist too (spinning wheel, repeats, etc).  

Best Answer

This problem has been going on for months and I am beyond frustrated! I now have a health condition where I must check sodium amounts prior to consuming a specific food. The spinning and spinning never stops and I many, many times cannot check. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit foods logged keep doubling up. And even if I delete the foods, the calories and nutrition are still there. This has been for the last 2 fitbit app iOS updates. Each update has another issue. 

My iOS is up to date and so is the app. I’m very upset with Fitbit as there have been non stop app issues since sept 2020. Please get the software resolved. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thank you for your updates in this thread.

I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing issues with food log. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. Please share the following information for further investigation:

• The model of your iOS device model.
  • The OS/software version of your iOS device.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS 14.6.

Fitbit version 3.43.1.

I am having all the same issues mentioned.

1. Endless spinning while adding food from the search function in the food log. My custom added foods do not seem to have this problem. Not all food items have this issue but most do.

2. Food entries duplicating, sometimes after the day has passed.

3. Total calorie count not matching visible entries in the food log.

4. Desktop food log entries not matching mobile app entries.

5. Food pairing suggestions don’t seem to be working as they previously were. I am not seeing my usual common pairings anymore.
Best Answer

I have an iPod 7th Generation, iOS 14.6 (completely up to date).  My Fitbit app is also the latest version. 

This problem seems to be getting worse the longer it goes on.  Constant spinning timer with no response when trying to add a food from search or scanning a bar code, foods getting repeated in the food log when I've only added them once, no associated foods coming up anymore when selecting a food item, foods coming up with ZERO calories.  This is so bloody frustrating, this needs to be fixed and fixed ASAP.  This has been going on FAR too long already.

Best Answer

Thank you for your replies, @AsheMischief and @Marelco.

I appreciate the additional details as this will help our team to investigate the issue and work on the resolution. I understand that this can be very frustrating, thank you for your time and efforts. I'll post back once I have more details to share. 

See you around.

Best Answer

Same here, sometimes the app just spins once you search for and select a food.  And now it's not remembering the food pairings anymore (what I ate with a certain food last time.)

It's inconsistent, okay sometimes, not others, as if the platform can't handle a heavy user load.  Actually I wonder if they are switching infrastructure over to Google's after the acquisition and it is not going smoothly.

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit and everyone here....

I have the same issues described by @MdRtsHAaKu, I will say that in general logging new food items is on the whole faster and more reliable, but still takes ridiculously long at times and I often give up and try again later, which is of course very annoying. Also have lost food pairings for some items and doesn't seem to be rebuilding itself with use either. I totally agree that it's very inconsistent. 

I also have my total calories and macros displaying apparently random numbers, although they may not be random you just have to work out what food item you've logged hasn't been counted. For example at one point today my totals were under by 155 calories from what was shown to be logged for each meal, that seemed to be a specific item that was not being counted in the total even though it was logged below. Later my total calories were 539kcal over what had been logged. A little later than that and an item now shows up twice which accounts for that. Sometimes extra food items are added when you are not looking, duplicates or other seemingly random items. I have had to go back to previous days and check everything, often needing to delete entries added mysteriously by Fitbit not by me!

This really is appalling. One issue is fixed, another is broken in the same update, others don't get fixed at all. It's shockingly bad, I don't know how else to try and impress upon Fitbit just how frustrating this is and ultimately it's going to render the app and therefore the devices linked totally useless for accurate tracking with any confidence at all. Get it sorted PLEASE!!

App version 3.43.1 (1057) seems to be the latest version I can get

iPhone 8 software version 14.6

Best Answer

@GuyFit I reported the inconsistent calorie totals here if you want to vote for it: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Inconsistent-calorie-counts/m-p/4900959

And of course got the usual response to force quit, clear cache, etc.  At least they didn't suggest deleting and re-installing the app this time!  This is not a client side problem.  Whatever data sources the app is trying to pull from are not consistent.

Best Answer