Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not working correctly since updating to iOS 11

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone, our team has reported this issue is resolved. If you haven't already, please update your app to version 2.45. I'll be closing this thread for new comments. If you are experiencing GPS issues with your tracker and iOS device, please see the help pages below. If that doesn't resolve the issue please post a new comment.  

I've merged a few threads together. Our team is aware of some users having issues with GPS intermittently disconnecting during exercise after updating to iOS 11. Users see incorrect distance or see "Check Fitbit App" message. I do hope to have a fix soon and will update this thread when I learn more. 

If you haven't already, check out this article on why GPS isn't working for potential fixes. If you are still experiencing this issue you may also want to try tracking your run with MobileRun and GPS as a workaround. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182
That only works one time, the next time it does not work and you have to log out and back into app again. Cannot do that every time.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

I see this is still an on going problem, really disappointed at the lack of customer interaction to a major issue.

Best Answer

My GPS tracking hasn’t worked for a couple of months when I go for a run, since IOS 11 update. There are similar threads over the past couple of months but I cannot find an answer only a ‘solution’ saying it is being looked at back in September. Are we to assume this will no longer work?

Really annoyed I only bought it a few months ago and now I’m already looking to have to buy another brand that can actually track my runs. 

Best Answer

Here the same still not working.  Installed new SW yesterday restart phone and restart Charge 2. Then it works one time but this morning again it DOESN’T WORK. -> FITBIT <-

Horribel customer suport 😢  

Best Answer
Yes VERY disappointed in Fitbit that they are not resolving this issue. Can’t or won’t?

Make the most of each and every day, Suzanne Purtow
Best Answer
Exactly, after new sw update it works once and then not again. Shame on Fitbit they are not resolving this.

Best Answer

And still this item has the Solved tag. 😞

I think Fitbit is doing nothing for us sinds it is “ solved” 

Shame Fitbit

Best Answer
I did not realise the issue has the solved tag, I have sent a direct message on Twitter asking them why it has been marked as solved when it has clearly not been. I suggest you all keep asking the question of Fitbit via social media

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Dear KateFitbit

we are nearly two months further and still GPS DOESN’T WORK. 

Is fitbit support living on another planet?

regards Jan

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve just been on Fitbit support twitter account and they have a new release available for the app. No mention of what bugs they fixed but you can get the latest 2.43version from App Store. Let’s hope it’s fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have down loaded update and GPS worked once but not again.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Downloaded the update, switched off the phone, restarted the phone, opened the app and allowed it to clean itself up after updating. I’ve now used it twice in a row without having to restart the phone and without any ‘check Fitbit app’ messages.... could this be the fix we’ve all been patiently waiting for ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not worked for me. Worked once and then today, not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 2.43 already doesn’t do the job. Maybe once or twice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My GPS usually works (only had one issue when it stopped working for part of my run), IF I get it connected at the start.

What I mean by that is I sometimes have to either close and re-open the Fitbit App (properly close it, not just go into another app) or remove my Charge 2 from Bluetooth and re-connect it to my phone.

Once it re-connects it is usually good at least for that exercise, and I repeat the same process again next time.

Good luck, hope this works for you too.

PS. I have had emails from Fitbit that they are still looking into the issue (for months as you said) but with nothing to indicate that they are any closer to a solution.

Best Answer

@Tinysuz@scelllus@Craig_B@Yúmyúm, I've let our team know that you are continuing to have issues with GPS and your Charge 2 and seeing 'Check Fitbit app"

stuartrthomson@hotmail.com - same thing for your Blaze. I appreciate your reports and will update the thread as I hear more. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, this has been going on since Sept 19th when iOS11 was released. Worked perfectly until then. Two months later the GPS issue is still not resolved.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thankyou KateFitbit 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would love a solution my Blaze is not connecting to phone’s GPS. No map... only steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying Boost

I've read a couple of threads so have tried logging out or unpairing, then reconnecting etc. This probably works 80% of the time but I’m fed up of the faffing now and just want them to fix it!

Come on Fitbit sort it out!

Best Answer