Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not working correctly since updating to iOS 11

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone, our team has reported this issue is resolved. If you haven't already, please update your app to version 2.45. I'll be closing this thread for new comments. If you are experiencing GPS issues with your tracker and iOS device, please see the help pages below. If that doesn't resolve the issue please post a new comment.  

I've merged a few threads together. Our team is aware of some users having issues with GPS intermittently disconnecting during exercise after updating to iOS 11. Users see incorrect distance or see "Check Fitbit App" message. I do hope to have a fix soon and will update this thread when I learn more. 

If you haven't already, check out this article on why GPS isn't working for potential fixes. If you are still experiencing this issue you may also want to try tracking your run with MobileRun and GPS as a workaround. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

Have you guys figured out this issue yet? My Fitbit is still not picking up my GPS tracking ... thought it was my Fitbit flex, got a new Fitbit Altra and still the same problem. Very very frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My GPS on my Charge 2 has worked for the last 3 days, will see how it goes

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

For me it didn’t work. Got mail from fitbit how to set up every thing.  It only worked 1 day. 

I have the feeling that it maybe has to do with the fact that i charge my iphone in the evening downstairs and i kept the fitbit on during sleep. Than bluetooth contact didn’t make it between fitbit and iphone. After next morning he didn’t reconnect PRoper and renewed contact went wrong. 

Restart the fitbit app resolved it for me for a day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope it continues working for you - Please keep us posted. Mine will
work for a few days, then I will get the "Check Fitbit App" for several
days in a row and then back to working, back to failing. Fitbit tried to
tell me it was weather related at one point saying heavy cloud cover can
interfere with GPS pairing. Well mine didn't work for several sunny days
and then the first day it did work was pouring rain with complete cloud
cover so that is not the issue! The issue is communication between the
platforms - Apple and Fitbit since iOS 11. VERY FRUSTRATED AND
DISAPPOINTED. My Charge 2 is only about 6 months old.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s a problem that only has happened since iOS11, Fitbit have been very slow to resolve this issue. However, mine has worked for the last 3 days but unsure whether it will continue to work.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes Fitbit seem to not understand that this is a problem that has only occurred since iOS11, they keep trying to blame everything else. I have no confidence that mine will continue to work.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I figure my Charge 2 is hitting about 8 out of 10 days in a row, and I have no idea why it doesn't work on other days sunny or cloudy. And I don't get the check Fitbit signal on the Charge 2 on those occasions. When I do get the check signal, I usually restart the App and watch it to make sure it syncs with my Charge before proceeding. Its all a big mystery.

Best Answer
It’s nothing to do with the weather, I had no problems until iOS11.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BikeTex wrote:

........ When I do get the check signal, I usually restart the App and watch it to make sure it syncs with my Charge before proceeding. Its all a big mystery.

For me this is also exactly the work around that works for now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received a answer from Fitbit after i restart everything as they asked me. It worked less than a day and again “check fitbit app”

now i have to check settings in Iphone, what we already checked so often. 😞

They are polite but it doesn’t help us any further. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes they are polite but not doing anything to solve the problem. My GPS has worked for 3 days but this morning not working again! Very frustrating 😡

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone- I've merged a few threads together. Our team is aware of some users having issues with GPS intermittently disconnecting during exercise after updating to iOS 11. Users see incorrect distance or see "Check Fitbit App" message. I do hope to have a fix soon and will update this thread when I learn more. 

If you haven't already, check out this article on why GPS isn't working for potential fixes. If you are still experiencing this issue you may also want to try tracking your run with MobileRun and GPS as a workaround. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Ran a 10K turkey trot today, do you know my split times?  Seriously, do you, because I don't.  Almost 2.5 months later still no fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started this yesterday. I use apple as well and charge 2. 

Best Answer

In addition to the “Check Fitbit App” on my Fitbit since the iOS update, I frequently receive red scripted alerts on the home page of my app stating that my Charge 2 won’t sync because the Bluetooth is not turned on. I proceed to check my Bluetooth, and I see that is on and connected to my iPhone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue, GPS and WiFi not working after updating to iOS 11. I solved WiFi not working problem on my iPhone but I'm not able to fix the GPS problem on my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When are they going to get this fixed?!? Being I spent 150 to be able to track my hikes/ bike rides this is beyond ridiculous. All worked until iOS 11, which has been out for months. No excuse it takes this long to fix a major feature/function. 

I have have tried all suggested fixes MULTIPLE times.

The workaround of using an alternat app to track in the interim is bs, I didn’t spend 150  for a blaze just To need to use my old $.99 app to track. 

Rignt now until this is fixed I basically spent all that $ for nothing. FIX YOUR DAM WATCH!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve got a blaze, worked fine until iOS 11. I’m now on 11.1.2 with my blaze at 8.402.1.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is still not working either. Maybe this is how they force upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is not working correctly either: the distances are far too high

Best Answer
0 Votes