Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488

And, It's PINK....not Red!

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Please read the big red banner just above your post.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Probably you have no idea what you are talking about app development. They could have simply resubmitted the previous version binary to Apple and ask them to approve, this actually means rolling back. Then all of us could have updated again, which is actually going back to previous version. All of this can be done in 4 hours, specially big companies have special point of contact with Apple for app approval not a normal process like any other app developer.
Best Answer

I’ll be happy when this fixed... somewhat more so I stop getting emails from this thread! Almost 800 or so now. Does anyone know how I can remove myself from the post/thread?

Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I figured it out-I unsubscribed.

Best Answer

Im still having this issue and its really irritating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@xanon

That would all make sense, except you got one part wrong, it's not autocorrecting everyone to the same food.  If you go through the posts, you will see people naming different foods it has autocorrected too.  And people with different version's of iPhone are having different problems.   Also some android users are also having problems.  If you read through all 30-40 pages you would know that.  So again, not a simple fix, which you would have known if you read every comment before replying to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner

This is not customer service, this is a discussion by the community.  If you want an update, call customer service. They are not part of community discussion.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

SAME!!

I enter Protein Balls - Chocolate and it comes up with Dave & busters pretzel dogs......??

And then any other food items I enter, it immediately deletes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner

I'm sure you are not aware, but this is not customer service.  This is community discussion, if you want customer service to answer your questions you have to contact them.  This is a group chat of users and fitbit other then offering a moderator, has nothing to do with these chats.  So at no point will customer service get on these chats and answer questions.  If you want answers from customer service connect them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every time I enter my frequent meals, it replaces it with wieners and twinkies 😞

I feel like I’m being bullied.

Best Answer

haha same! My quick oats are coming up at Pangasius Filets... interesting breakfast..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nk94555 wrote:
Probably you have no idea what you are talking about app development. They could have simply resubmitted the previous version binary to Apple and ask them to approve, this actually means rolling back. Then all of us could have updated again, which is actually going back to previous version. All of this can be done in 4 hours, specially big companies have special point of contact with Apple for app approval not a normal process like any other app developer.

Totally agree!!!!

Any decent developer will manage their codes properly - having versions of different release kept in their code libraries. This is essential for troubleshooting too. No one  throws away their old codes just because there is a new version available. This is ridiculous to say the least. That is why we have the term “roll-back” - else what do you think this term is use for? For massage purpose?

There are also apps that were released and immediately updated again in the same day because of bugs - i.e 2 updates for an app within a day. According to @Jenkins17 those folks should work for NASA. C’mon lets be real - couple of facts:

1 - Fitbit doesnt care

2 - Firm prioritised their own convenience over customers

3 - Obviously their IT dept is sub par. No question about it

4 - Fitbit deletes posts here that they dont like seeing - rather than work on the actual problem

5 - In the Android camp - apps caused users to lose lots of mobile data - alot of uses even pay over usage fee for that. Fitbit can only say sorry. This goes to show how complacent the firm is. No explaination whatsoever given. 

6 - Fitbit moderators gave different and sometimes contradicting statements. I pointed a few of them out in the Versa thread. I am begining to wonder if they are purposely lying. 

Besides @Jenkins17 have you called the customer services before? They have absolutely no clues of whats going on - and if they did - what do you expect from them besides - “we are working on it”. What the difference between them and the moderator here? 

Best Answer
When I called customer service the only thing I got is “We are aware of the problem”.

Sent from my iPhone X
Best Answer
0 Votes

There was the useless, vague update from KateFitbit! Except this one was much shorter & even more useless than the previous ones! Apologizing and saying it's an ongoing issue. Still no specifics or explanations as to what the problem is. These incompetents clearly know what the problem is and refuse to let their paying, disgusted customers know. 

Don't worry, I know you'll be deleting this post soon. Put all that energy into actually fixing and/or explaining the problem. 

Such a JOKE!

Best Answer

This is absolutely ridiculous for this issue to be happening for this long without a valid explanation. These generic responses are completely useless. I definitely will not be buying another Fitbit product in the future. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Best Answer

How long do you think 🤔 it’s going to take?  We don’t all have unlimited access to the internet and as an extension the website!

Maureen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both for me

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for providing a timeframe.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So let me get this straight. Fitbit has changed their software from one that works to one that doesn’t. Hmmm. So I’ve just purchased a very expensive (stupid) watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes