Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share icon disappeared from Today tab

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Using app on iPhone normally until today.

Usually grab a snapshot of the days activities using the Share icon top right of the Today screen.

That icon has now disappeared.

My partners iPhone still shows it and it's functional.

What's going on, any suggestions anyone?

Have reset the phone but still same.

Thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
150 REPLIES 150

Share icon on dashboard for iOS app has disappeared.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. My share icon disappeared from the ‘today dashboard ‘. I’m no longer able to share the days step count, active minutes, floors, etc ... I’ve tried logging out of the app and rebooting my phone but it’s still missing. Please improve your app and put it back! Sharing is part of the Fitbit community!!! I have iPhone XR and my software is up to date!! 

Best Answer

Doesn’t work!!! Fix app!!!

Best Answer

This don’t help. Mine was updated before this happened. 

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to say the share icon is still missing in v3.42 😕

Best Answer

Fitbit is certainly about to lose a loyal user. I have been around since Fitbit one (pediometer)

Best Answer

If you have an opportunity fill in the survey which pops up as you go to this forum page perhaps nobody will listen but it’s an opportunity to express your dissatisfaction at the app feature being deleted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

EXACTLY🤦🏽‍:female_sign:🤦🏽‍:female_sign:
i have to make sure i do that before midnight or i have to screenshot and edit it with date

FEELS MORE LIKE A DOWNGRADE THAN AN UPGRADE 😡😡

Best Answer

I still don’t know how to fix it? Please provide feedback that this feature was helpful and we would like it back for future versions 

Best Answer

Missing share button on app main page. 
did above an even deleted app an start d over. 
did not return share. 
please fix as I use this often. This is not an improvement from the older version 

thanks. 
Jerry

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Thanks.  Appreciate you relating the concern to the team. 
nothing seems to get the share bullet back. 
they need to unupdate the app 

Best Answer

Good to know. Based on the number of comments, it appears that there are plenty of us who used that function; do pass that on to the app developers. Will you please put the share icon and capabilities back on the iPhone app? I have shared step data with my two coworkers (both who have now retired) since having the Fitbit One. The picture of the day and the steps have kept us accountable and connected. We each have a different type of tracker. 

Best Answer

Resets& restarts don’t work, the feature disappeared ATS time went by on all our iOS devices first on iPhone 6, then iPhone 7 then an  iPad, only a really old iPad which isn’t updating FitBit app remains ok, another Android phone running latest app version is ok for now...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worst idea removing the “share” button, it was the most used button in our family group, this will be the end for us from Fitbit hardware, terrible. 

Best Answer

I talked to Support for about an hour with the same dog and pony show of logging out, restarting, logging in. I find it ridiculously disappointing that the support team had no idea of the application change and wasted my time.  It’s a wonderful feature and free advertising for the device and it’s tools.

Best Answer

Exactly.

Best Answer

So I think it’s just with the Apple app. When I logged into Fitbit on my kindle, I still have the share button. Why is it gone on just the iOS system? 

Best Answer

Waiting for months for Fitbit to fix this. Why aren’t they? Obviously it’s all of us iOS users. So disappointed that they are not hearing us. Terrible response from them. At least tell us that they are working on it or something? Call tech support amd they know about as much as I do. Urrggg

Best Answer

I agree. If it isn’t broken don’t fix it. Frustrating how they keep giving us the runaround. If it’s gone forever just say so. If you don’t know why, just say so. 

Best Answer