Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak reset to zero on iOS Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My streak was broken 8 days ago despite me not having failed my step goal. I believe this was caused by me lacking internet connection so the app not updating with my full steps. I would like to resolve this and restore my streak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
319 REPLIES 319

Sadly I have zero confidence that FitBit, Google or anyone else will solve this problem, respond to us with anything except the “we are working on it” place holder.  I have begun posting honest assessments of FitBit customer service on review sites. They have earned my honest assessment and I would encourage all of you to do the same.  

Best Answer
I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. My daughter has been commenting on Facebook. It appears that Fitbit will be leaving this world and traveling to the Google graveyard of applications. If my daughter were here, I’d have her find a 🪦 and place it as the final comment to this reply.

mark
once a proud citizen of Podunk

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Charge 4 is working fairly well. My app is up to date, and I'm on iOS 16.3.1 (the latest, to my knowledge). 

I've been meeting my step goal regularly for the past 32 days.  However, the "congratulations, you have XX days meeting your step goal" is waaaaaay off count. It started correctly, after 4 days meeting goal (back in February).  It proceeded to count correctly until 15 or 16 days, then it would say "4 days" again and count from there.  Yesterday, after saying "7 days....", it reverted back to 4 days.  

I've felt like the app should go back to Kindergarten and learn to count. I can go back and check the number of days, but maybe someone can shed some light about why the app is doing that. (I'm wondering if it was app updates, iOS updates, or????) 

Thank you,

Donna 

Best Answer

This is a no problem. I have had my step streak reset twice and along with many other 50 community members have reported deaths within the community, to Fitbit, customer care and for me, Google Disability Support. There are a number of threads that have been aggregated and this one will probably join them soon. if you know when your step Street started the easiest way to track it is to ask Siri how many days since and give her the take, your step streak started. She is very obliging and will give you the correct answer every time. Fitbit says they’re working on the problem , however based on what is going on with Fitbit/Google I do not seeing it being corrected until the Google platform with all of this changes is introduced. We are all in the darkness to win that will happen and to watch the new software will look like.  I have dictated this on my iPhone and hope you will be able to understand my intent. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. Has there been an update to this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears you have your answer from Fitbit. Their silence is deafening.

Set its only response to the step streak reset has been that it has been forwarded to the Fitbit software developers, and that they are working on it. No idea as to when this might be Set it’s only response to the step streak reset has been that it has been forwarded to the Fitbit software developers, and that they are working on it. No idea as to when this might be addressed. No idea as to if this is actually being addressed. No updates from Fitbit Fitbit, Fitbit, customer care, Fitbit, community council members, or Fitbit moderators. At this point, I believe the only Texas we might see are when the new Fitbit/Google platform is introduced. The step streak issues will be addressed or that the step streak will be eliminated. This is only speculation and that is all that is left to us because we are not getting any information from Fitbit/Google.

Sent from my iPhone

This problem has been going on for multiple years. A large number of people reported this starting back in August of last year. Not too long ago I made a featured suggestion that a step screak tile be added to the home screen. This way we could see when we met our snap streak w Whenever we wanted to not just one time when we achieved our daily goal. Also, I would like to see the ability to track multiple goals, such as minimum daily goal, goal, and stretch goal. This would also be able to show when there were breaks, we are goal was not achieved and for what period of time.

I am a blind user and have dictated this on my iPhone SE third generation 5G. I am using a charge for with a broken strap attachment point worn in my sock. For sleep data I am using an old charge to. I keep even though it has a cracked screen.

Best Answer

You call this an answer to "Why was my day step streak reset when I met my step goal every day"???

Just for the record, an "Answer" from Fitbit is totally inadequate if all you can say is we're sorry but we have no solution, nor any idea when this can be fixed. A Fitbit is not inexpensive, and the task of tallying day step streaks should not be hard when the data is available on our devices. Apologizing for the experience does absolutely nothing for customer satisfaction. Fixing the problem is what needs to happen. For those of us who have met our step goal for years, yet have had the day step streak reset, it is VERY annoying!

Best Answer

And yesterday I downloaded version 3.78 of the iOS application. This morning after reaching my daily step streak goal, I found that the total was 183 days which is the number of days from the last recent. The actual totals should be 893 days of consecutive Days meeting step streak goal. Issues. I have brought up regarding accessibility for blind and reading disabled Fitbit users continue to be ignored. We paid the same amount for our Fitbit devices as cited users, and are denied access to that information by Fitbit/Google and their software developers, who have systematically removed information from the iOS screens And outfield she would dress issues that have been brought up to customer care, Fitbit, moderators, community council members, and Google Disability Support team members. I question Google‘s commitment to continue supporting their iOS products. And based on what I have read, I am starting to believe that  products will be migrated to the android platform like the pixel watch, and those products compatible with iOS will be supported minimally until they are no longer supported as legacy products. If I am wrong, please correct my miss interpretation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since this was “answered/solved” in 2022 and it is still doing it, am I correct to,assume it will never be fixed?  I had 912 days on 28 February.  I usually only look at the number until the end of the month but yesterday I noted it has reset and now says 14 days.  My data shows I exceeded my goal every day.  Why can’t we simply request the streak counter be reset?  It watches for a streak and starts automatically- something has caused it to incorrectly take 15 days ago as the start.  Why cannot Fitbit just reset the whole system so it will go to last date that the goal was. Issued and display the streak correctly?

Best Answer

People have speculated that it reports in at the end of the day whether you have met your goal rather than relying on the history data. If you lack internet connectivity on a day (such as phone being out of power, or internet service being unavailable), then that report may be lost. It would be nice if fitbit could at least confirm that speculation. This is a poor implementation of the feature, especially given that the entire history is available, and the step streak can easily be computed accurately from the data we and fitbit both know fitbit has. Regardless, folks need to realize that even a 12-page thread with many dissatisfied customers is not necessary going to lead to the feature getting reimplemented correctly. People don't stumble across this thread unless they experience a problem, so the impact on future sales is low. Complaints on social media and complaints by influencers would have a greater affect on sales, and might be a way to see some progress. It's going to be an uphill battle given the current situation in the tech industry.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There has been a tremendous amount of speculation as to what causes the schedule straight to reset. Everything from your Wi-Fi or phone being connected to changing of time, zones or traveling of various distances. None of the thoughts are shown any direct correlation to the resetting of the steps creek. Consider Considering that this issue goes back multiple years and that Fitbit/Google has chosen not to address the steps, streak, resetting and retroactivity fixes four step streak errors. It is easy to believe that this issue will never be addressed.

Sent from my iPhon you will understand this message because I have dictated this on my iPhone, and the dictation is not always written as spoken.
Best Answer

I know this seems like a small thing but I set a goal of doing 100 day step streak yesterday was day 70 got my badge and today hit my 10K and it said I was on a 4 day step streak. Please say there is a fix?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Hi @Maggie01 welcome back to the community!

Thank you for the information provided. Just to avoid any misunderstandings or confusion, please let me know if I understood something incorrectly.

So, if I understand correctly, you set a goal to achieve a streak of 10,000 steps per day for 100 days. However, when you checked your Fitbit app yesterday to see your progress towards the badge for the day, you noticed that the information for the previous days was missing. Is that right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The resetting of step streak is a known problem that has existed for many years. For some unknown reason back in August, it appears to have gotten much worse. Fitbit moderators, community counselors, and Fitbit customer care representative have reported the problem has been brought to the attention of the software developers. Community members have begged to have their step streak totals reset to the correct number. As of yet, this has not happened. My step streak has been reset twice and others have had their step streaks reset more often. Based on experience, it appears that the step streak issue  Will not be addressed and we will have to learn to live with it. I wish I had better news. However, the fact that this has been going on for years says that there is no good news in the future. 

Best Answer

I was getting daily badges starting with a 4 day streak up to day 69, badge saying you are on a 69 day step streak. After syncing my app on what would have been day 70 of my streak it reset and several days later started back at a 4 day step streak. 

Thank you. I had noticed this before but had never really been working towards a goal. It has just been fun to shoot for. It seems to have reset when I did an app update, did you notice the same?

Best Answer

The problem is solely with the Fitbit software. It does not appear to have any correlation to updates, time zone, changes, when you open up the Fitbit app during the day, distance traveled, whether you went in the tunnel, or any multitude of other ideas People have thought might have contributed to the step streak reset. It is not you and following the instructions of customer care to delete and reinstall the Fitbit application or two delete the Bluetooth connection and reconnect have not had any effect in resolving the problem. All you can do is what all of us do and wonder is this the day that the steps creek will reset  And wait for the banner to appear stating the number of days in your consecutive step streak. I wish you and others did not have to experience the situation. My step streak is 899 days but my banner this morning said it was 189 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem seems to getting worse. But this may be the fix. This way at least we don’t loose a large number of steps. It just resets every couple of days. 

Best Answer

iOS update 3.79 and 3.78 the two most recent updates appear to have not addressed concerns about step Street. I was hoping at some point skip streak counts would be corrected retroactively. This morning my step streak was 197 when the actual number of days where I met my step Street goal is 907 consecutive days.

Best Answer
Mine is at 27 and it should be 947...

Kevin Yount
Best Answer

Another step streak backwards to 32 days. Just ridiculous. They don't care about anything except selling NEW trackers. My Apple Watch is working GREAT though!  Never buying another Fitbit EVER!  They've shown how they don't care to address ISSUES that affect users. 

Best Answer