Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step streak reset to zero on iOS Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My streak was broken 8 days ago despite me not having failed my step goal. I believe this was caused by me lacking internet connection so the app not updating with my full steps. I would like to resolve this and restore my streak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
319 REPLIES 319

I agree! My Garmin works great. The step streak interruption was just icing on the top of my gripe about the charger on my Sense (I think some Versas use them, too) lasting only a couple of months before a pin falls in and cannot be fixed. I replaced 4 or more of them before I got my Garmin. I was nearly at a two-year step streak and was still wearing the Sense along with the Garmin just to get up to the two-year mark. I quit Fitbit when the streak reset and have not gone back.

Best Answer
I agree 100%. Fitbit really seems not to care about fixing problems that they have. Sad to say this but after many years of being a loyal Fitbit customer...I love my new Apple Watch and will never get a Fitbit again. 
Best Answer

I just had the same issue and have gotten no help on this. Did you get this resolved?

Best Answer

Hi @DanielH85 @Aroundthesun welcome to the community forums.

Thanks for the details regarding the inconvenience with streak count.

I appreciate the efforts while troubleshooting the Fitbit app. This issue has been reported to our team and while there isn't a time frame for the fix, please know they're working to get this resolved.

Best Answer

That just happened to me as well. My step streak reset to 4 days. So frustrating. Hope there is a fix soon. 

Best Answer

Hello,

This issue just recently happened to me and I had over 100 day streak(sorry don’t know the exact day count) but now it has reset on its own even though I’ve been meeting my step goals. This is very frustrating and discouraging. I’d like to know how I can get my streak back and to make sure this never happens again. 

Best Answer
You are part of an ever expanding group. As you can see in the forum, many people have had their step streak reset multiple times. All have requested to have the issue addressed by Fitbit and the council made retroactive to the start of their original step streak. Fitb Fitbit has told us they are working on the problem, but they have not let us know whether the steps streaks will be made retroactive to the original start day, or if we will have to live with the most current step streak information. Fitbit users have tried to self diagnose the problem to no avail. Fitbit customer care offers , their routine answer for Fitbit issues of deleting the software and reinstalling it and deleting the Bluetooth connection and reestablishing it to the best of my knowledge. This has never worked. Maybe this will be up dated and corrected with the promised Google software changes. The update has been promised to improve our experience with the Fitbit products And we can only hope that this will happen.

This problem was first reported years ago and became more prevalent in August of last year.

I hope you will be able to understand what I have dictated. I am a blind user and choose dictation over typing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had 12 consecutive days reaching my 15,000 step goal before it started to register at 4 days. Goal streak accuracy apparently has been a consistent issue with FitBit for years. Seems like an easy issue to solve but hasn’t. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear this happened to you as well. Trust me, it is extremely unlikely that Fitbit will do ANYthing other than apologize.
After my second Fitbit Versa 2 failed (as in totally stopped working) in less than a year, I have jumped ship and now am enjoying a much more reliable Apple Series 8 watch.
Best Answer

Hi,  it’s been another 4 months and we haven’t had an update. This should be one of the simplest statistics, how many days in a row have I met my goal. Could you let us know if it may be fixed or will it be addresses when we are switched to the Google branded app in the next year? Then at least we would know.

Best Answer

Rest assured it WILL happen again. Mine has reset at least six times over MANY years this has been happening. No updates. Nothing. Save yourself the frustration and buy a Garmin or Apple Watch as I did.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like a fitbit server, or fitbit app issue, and not an issue with the tracker. The tracker only displays today's data, and any data sent to it. 

Best Answer

I am glad it is not just me. Supposed to be at 153 today but the app says 8. I thought the app just needed to be updated but that didn't fix it. Logged in and out, uninstalled and reinstalled. Bummer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not Maggie but will respond because my Charge 5 continually loses my streak even when I'm sure to log my steps every day. My most recent streak was at 23 days the day before yesterday. That's the highest it had gotten before resetting and I was hopeful this issue was fixed. However, yesterday morning, I noticed the badge was gone and a scrolled back almost 30 days to see that I had made my step goal all those days. Today the badge was back congratulating me I was on a four-day streak. This is so frustrating for us Type A individuals who are extremely goal oriented. Please say this will be fixed sometime in the near future.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me again. The previous time it happened, I read about a fix but am unable to find it. Can you assist? 

Nope - step streak info remains incorrect. 

Best Answer

I have had the same issue. It seems like about every 10 days or so it resets. I walk and make my goals every day but it will reset.

My older Blaze has been doing the same thing lately. It resets about every 10 days now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will someone get back to those of us who have been experiencing this issue with a fix. It’s a motivator for many users, and if it’s going to continue to be an issue, it would be nice to learn of a fix….instead of being ignored.   Last time it happened, I was speaking to support, who basically told me I needed a new device. A few days later, my step streak was fixed. 

Best Answer

Lizzy

i find it hard to believe this is being worked on.  I haven’t missed my step goal since November 7 2020,  (You can see this by scrolling down the list). However, my step streak today shows 5 Days.  I’ve lost track of the number of times it has reset. I have reported and called support over the last 2 x years only to hear the same answer you gave.

This is not a  rocket science program fix but something the most junior of programmers should be able to fix.

IF Steps GTE Step Goal Then Step Count = Step Count + 1, Else Step Count = 0. After depositing the correct value in each users database of course.

What is the problem???

Best Answer

Absolute BS.

This is not rocket science programming and could be fixed by a High School student. Not something that should take “Highly Skilled” experts more than 2 x years.

Either fix it or remove it.

Best Answer
Yup. I’ve suggested the same thing several months ago. They do not plan to fix it or it would have been done a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes