Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR Band Problems - Best Replacement Band

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.  Like many others, I have had problems with the band breaking away from the device.  I've tried two replacements from Fitbit without any luck.

Has anyone found a third-party replacement band that doesn't break? I'd love a recommendation.

Best Answer
113 REPLIES 113
Thank you for your email. You're right, they wouldn't replace it the
second time because it was over 2 years old. However, I bought a
compatible band off Amazon and it's just as good.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I cant believe how accepting consumers are of having to go out to find replacement bands 2-3 times per year. It is an outrageous design flaw. And a person is quite likely to lose the watch when the band even just rubs against a sleeve when removing a coat or sweater. It’s ridiculous! There a lot of choices in fitness trackers and this one shouldn’t even be on the market.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree totally. My watch strap has lasted 15 years without failing, no idea why the Fitbit straps keep failing in the same place.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I replaced it myself also. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. They sent me a replacement but then it broke and they told me it was no longer under warranty. There is no way I'm going to buy one from Fitbit, I've had nothing but problems with their products. I can't believe I bought a second one after the trouble with the first, but I like the app and I had already stored so much data in it and didn't want to start from scratch with a new product. Will definitely shop around for my next device and it will not be a Fitbit! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel your pain. Unconscionable behavior by the company not to pull such a poorly designed product. You are the only person I have heard of that bought more than one! Ouch! Sorry- I feel your pain. Love my Apple Watch!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I started wearimg my with the watch part on the i side of my wrist. Also try keeping it loose. Also I found if you clean the areas where it connects it helps some. I found my get dirty some how. The release clip seems to get loose but if you very gently pull out on it the band should snap into place. The stainless steel band I found online did not last. Really surprised about that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree with you! Such a shame that Fitbit does not seem to continue to support it's older products and just continues to make new models. My Alta HR is only 2 years old and now I am unable to find a replacement band.  Appreciate the candid post

Best Answer

Have experienced the exact same thing and have wasted 30 minutes trying to find/shop for yet another replacement band.

Have almost lost the watch numerous times... will  NEVER purchase Fitbit again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I definitely dropped FitBit. Terrible design flaw that puts you at huge risk of losing the watch.And they have had years to address the issue, so perhaps they love selling replacement watches and watch bands. Talk about planned obsolescence. Consumers really should not tolerate it. Move on and forget about them! I love, love, love my Apple Watch.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

There are lots of replacement bands for the Alta HR on Amazon. I bought these ones and I found them to be more comfortable than the original band that came with my device. I also liked being able to choose between different colors. I used those bands for more than two years and never had any problems with them. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
You and me both! Mine crapped out after 14 months.
Best Answer
0 Votes