Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR Band Problems - Best Replacement Band

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.  Like many others, I have had problems with the band breaking away from the device.  I've tried two replacements from Fitbit without any luck.

Has anyone found a third-party replacement band that doesn't break? I'd love a recommendation.

Best Answer
113 REPLIES 113
Yes you get twelve months of replacements, then you are on your own, blowing Through 2-3 bands per year - if you dont lose the watch when it breaks. Although if you lose it you will finally be free of the aggravation and can go on to something that won’t drive you nuts. Like an Apple Watch or many others.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was lucky, mine fell off in the house. We have a 24 month warranty in the uk, but as you say, the aggro of trying to get a replacement from Fitbit is a nightmare. They kept asking for more and more things every time I supplied the information and photos they asked for. I have bought a few cheap ones off Amazon, my daughter said they last longer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The mesh bands that secure with a magnet aren't a perfect solution. The magnet weakens over time requiring you to adjust it every couple of hours. It sticks to the computer while typing, and the mesh catches on sleeves.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I have not had those problems you described. But I wear it with the band
magnet to the outside and the watch on the inside of my wrist. Yes it seems
to need adjusted every so often but not that much. I sort of like the feel
it has.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wearing the magnet facing in is ingenious!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Say did I say in just have the band part outside on your wrist. Not sure if
that presents a problem for a person typing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit won’t replace mine since it is not under warranty anymore yet they know there is an issue with the bands.  They want me to purchase a new band.

Best Answer
Yes. So I bought a package of three from Best Buy. Working so far.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It is shameful . Fitbit doesn’t deserve our business. I moved on to end the aggravation

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was looking for a replacement there and it seems you can not get just 1.
They sell them in a pack of 3 I wonder if that says something about them?
So I chose the stainless steel so it would last.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit replaced my band without any problem.  You should have a 2 year guarantee,  they will ask you to email pictures including one that shows the Fitbit logo on the strap.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I replaced my bands via Fitbit TWICE in the first year. It is the terrible design flaw I can’t stand. I don’t have time to manage my watch! It’s like two more errands a year to keep track of band replacements. Who needs that? There are other exercise trackers. I don’t know anyone who still uses their for its. We all moved on. Highly recommend Apple Watch.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
Well imagine that 2 year guarentee I guess if would like it replaced for
free?
Best Answer
0 Votes
? I replaced it myself. I just wanted to know where to find the bands.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Even if replaced for free - what a hassle to have to add watch strap management to your “to do” list!

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

They told me it only had a 1 year guarantee, and won't replace it again, even though it is a design flaw they are well aware of.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The UK has a two year warranty, this is clearly stated in the guarantee.  They did replace my strap after I jumped through countless hoops, but to be honest, I prefer the pack of three I got for a few pounds off Amazon.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too! And it's been working perfectly!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Gee I don't know the stainless steel band I bought also broke. Not the same
as the vinyl one but it just seperated from the part that clips to the
watch. Design flaw or not I can not see it being replaced more than once.
Most any type of watch band wears out at some time
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep
Best Answer
0 Votes