Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680
I don't have mine notifying me of emails lol so not sure that is it

Jennifer L Fowler
Best Answer
0 Votes
I uninstalled my Charge 2 and can't reinstall it because it won't link up
again with Bluetooth. My Charge 2 isn't even holding a charge for one day
though so I think It's on the fritz.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My surge isn't holding a charge either...I've read that is a common issue
for lots if people with the S8.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My surge isn't holding a charge either...I've read that is a common issue
for lots if people with the S8.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone and my Charge 2 aren't paired so it may not be part of my
problem. Maybe trying to pair it has caused the battery to fail?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Will give it a try No sign of your screenshot Athlete80
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! This worked for me Too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheAcornWarrior Now you mention it I do think battery life has reduced significantly.

I've just taken mine off charge with a full battery. I'll report back when it gets low.

Best Answer

Notifications started working for me after the update on my S8+ that claimed to fix the red screen issue. Baseband version G955FXXU1AQDG if you wanted to know. (Not that it fixes my wifi issue which isn't related to the blaze.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very strange. This afternoon my notifications stopped working. I ended up essentially starting over, removing the Blaze from my phone and app, restarting the phone, restarting the app, re setting up the Blaze. Even though I was able to sync steps, I could not get notifications to work at all. The Blaze was also not showing up in the Bluetooth settings as being connected. Just now (about 3 hours later, I decided to check if test notification worked. They did. I also tried calling my phone and that notification came in. I then looked at Bluetooth settings and there was the Blaze, showing as a connected device. I am more convinced than ever that for some reason, it just takes time after you set up your app and Fitbit device before notifications start working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yup 1 week and nothing, I am already saving up for the gear 3.....bye fitbit.

Best Answer

Hello @cynjac! Welcome to the Community @IbKene!

@cynjac the compatible devices list is updated regularly. Please be sure to check back in the future to see if the Galaxy S8 is added to the list.

@IbKene, Since the S8 is not currently on the compatible devices list, there are situation where the functionality will not be at 100%. Because the app is not yet fully optimized, situation like this are to be expected.

Thanks for your understanding on the matter. If you have any questions feel free to let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheAcornWarrior My Blaze battery is running low so it looks like I'm getting 2 days out of it now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I got the same problem. And it takes forever to sync. It constantly gets kicked off of Bluetooth and won't pair easily

Best Answer
Mine too...

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem but with my Galaxy s7, I have had my fitbit for about a year and this has never happened but now my phone and fithit refuse to connect!!! I can't figure out why.

Best Answer

My S8 pairs but no notification yet, suppose I will have to wait for the updates

Best Answer

@Meezike your first post tells me that your using the phones bluetooth setting to pair your tracker.

This is not tge way to do it, you must use the fitbit app to setup and connect the Blaze to your account. Then the app will do the pairing betweenthe Blaze and the phone.

@Joepb13 as for notifications check the app settings, make sure that fitbit has the proper permissions.  Check the sound and Notification settings, make sure that show on lock screen is enabled, also you might need to set notifications on the phone to show in pop ups. Of course this is general android advice since i don't know which os is running, and don't know anything about Nougat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

what did you do to get it to work?  I upgraded from the note 4 to the s8+ and I'm not getting any notifications and if I step away from my phone it doesn't automatically reconnect when I'm back in range

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is hope. After a week of not really trying to get my Charge 2 and my
phone paired, last night I decided to try again. It was a struggle but
finally 4 numbers popped up and after what seemed like an eternity we were
all hooked up again. So far, so good. Maybe FitBit updated their
software?? My Charge 2 seems to be holding a charge again. I hope I am
not jinxing it!!
Best Answer
0 Votes