Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update 1/29/2021:  A new 3.37.1 Fitbit app is now released and available on the Google Play Store, we opened availability to 99% of the customer base. Please make sure to update the Fitbit app to solve this syncing issue. 

Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531

My charge 4 was given to me as a Christmas gift and I haven't had any problems with it.  I fell in love with it. On Thursday morning I woke up to check my sleep score and it wouldn't give me my score.  I noticed it wouldn't sync.   I went into my account and noticed that there was an update  the evening before and that the fitbit app recently turned off the bluetooth and now I cannot sync it.  I have already rebooted, restarted and reinstalled app, nothing is working.  What kind of update was that?  I can't believe an update would make it so my device won't work.  Very frustrating and disappointing.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I have trouble shot every way and still cant get my chrge4 to sync to my phone after my phone updated the fitbit app

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

You mention an update @Gjandrew was this an update to the Fitbit tracker, Fitbit app, or an update to the phones OS? 

I would go through these tips. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything and realized there was an update a day or so ago. I hope someone knows what to do.

Best Answer

Has anyone had their LG Stylo 4 stop synching with Fitbit Sense after update on 1 / 23 / 21?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue! I tried every step in the help article, many multiple times, and also some extras (like clearing the cache on my app in my phone settings). I got it to pair up once more (after doing a full reinstall of the app and "forgetting" and repairing the Charge 4 in the app) last night, and when I checked today it hasn't synced since yesterday and won't sync when I try to do it manually!! SO frustrating as I really don't want to have to undo, uninstall, and reinstall everything just to get it to sync one measly time!

I have an LG Stylo 4, Fitbit app and firmware and Android versions completely up to date. Everything only stopped working completely after this dumb January app update a few days ago.

Best Answer

I have tried just about everything that has been recommended to troubleshoot this. My next step is charging it again to see if that snaps it back into “reality” and syncing again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearing the Fitbit app cache, the Bluetooth cache.. As well as stopping, through phone settings, the Fitbit app, or not extra steps to try.. They are part of the common troubleshooting steps that should always be tried. 

Removing the tracker from your Fitbit app, should never be done. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Presumably you have tried all the recommended Sync setup and troubleshooting solutions?

If that fails try Fitbit Support They may be able to help you.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Really annoyed. Been using my charge 4 since Dec 25th. Previously used charge 2 since 2018, so know its not my phone but now not syncing. I have had to remove the device but now it will not pair. I spent 2 days trying to speak to customer support but a technology glitch kicks me off the page and I have to go through the rigmarole again. Not good fitbit, but not good.

Now being told it might be that my phone is not compatible. 

Best Answer

Removing the tracker from the Fitbit app and re-adding it by going to "Set Up New Device" is on the Fitbit official page for "Try This If Your Tracker Won't Sync", so I did it. Clearing my app cache, however, is not on that list of standard suggestions, and I did that anyway too.

It worked once but it stopped working again a few hours later and I haven't been able to get it to work again since. Bluetooth reads my tracker as being paired and nearby, but the app says "Can't sync with Charge 4. (Fix it)". This is not a short series of fixes so I would really enjoy not having to sit down with my phone and Charge 4 to troubleshoot for half an hour every time I want to use it.

This only started happening in the last couple of days, after the 1/20/2021 app update.

Best Answer

I am in exactly the same situation as you. About 2 days ago my Charge 4 stopped syncing. Similar to you I deleted the tracker from my app and now cannot get it to pair again. I can't see it being my phone as it was working fine for weeks and I am able to pair and sync with my old Charge 2.

Have you managed to get through to Customer Services yet? Was it them who said it might be your phone?

Best Answer

Yes took me 2 days for them to tell me to get a new phone even though I've used a huawei since 2018

Best Answer

I just checked, nope, the page does not request the user to remove the tracker from the app. It does request the user to remove the tracker from the phones Bluetooth. 

These threads have thousands of posts saying that  I removed the tracker and now I can't set it up" 

This makes sense, since the issue is between the Fitbit app, the phone, and the tracker. Removing the tracker simply removes the tracker from your Fitbit account in the cloud, it makes no changes in the app. 

We still have to fix the sync problem. 

Best Answer

Same issue since the Jan21 update to 3.37.. Samsung A10 phone will no longer sync (has worked fine for many months until then). Bluetooth sees the charge 4 and says it needs to use the app to pair, but the app just spins on the Bluetooth Pairing and linking screen.  Eventually it says pairing is taking longer than usual please be patient. But it never pairs/links 😞

3.37 seems to have added something that has scr*wed up the pairing

Best Answer

After re-reading the page, you're right, it says to unpaid all other Fitbit devices (of which I have none). My mistake-- looking through my browser history, the advice I was taking was from several other older forum topics regarding issues with syncing. Fitbit moderators offered that step as a final option to try.

Worth noting is that it did work for me... Eventually. It got my Charge 4 to sync once before it stopped working again. 

Also, today I tried syncing to my account on a Fitbit app on another device (Windows 10 laptop). Still didn't work. Seems like this is a Fitbit problem?

Best Answer

Update: after installing the Fitbit app for Windows 10 on my computer for the first time, and logging on, I was able to get the tracker to update after several tries. 

It said it was unsuccessful in connecting the first few times, but I kept hitting "retry" and eventually it worked. Strangely, it only synced today's info, not yesterday's, but after a couple more tries of manually syncing with the Windows 10 app, it finally updated yesterday's info too. 

Worth trying, if you can! It's at least something to hold us over until the Android app is fixed.

Best Answer