Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531

It's been days now so maybe the devs revert back to the previous release so we can start using our devices again. That's the typical process for remediating a software update that wasn't tested properly and is impacting customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not just me with syncing problems then...:( Kate, do you have any idea when this will be fixed? I have a Samsung J6 android do I need to do anything?

Thanks,

Mitch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update 1/29/2021:  A new 3.37.1 Fitbit app is now released and available on the Google Play Store, we opened availability to 99% of the customer base. Please make sure to update the Fitbit app to solve this syncing issue. 

Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Try rebooting your phone
Best Answer

Thank you. Just looked at my Google Play store and it had the new update.

Best Answer

Hi Marre 

I am unable to see the update. I am using a Samsung A10s? I removed the app as well and I only get version 3.37. I have cleared the cache and tried again still nothing.

Kind Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marrebit,

Bit confused, does that mean I have to uninstall the previous fitbit app on my phone?

Mitch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, send it back if you can.  I've had several devices, but I will NOT be putting my money into another.   These items aren't cheap so you expected them function as they should.   Fitbit has drastically gone downhill..... 

Best Answer

Updated to 3.37. No joy on my Google Pixel 4a. Restarted the phone and still the app is unable to connect to my Versa 3 after finding my watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Update to the App now on Google play store. Search for the app and there's
an update tab.😀
Best Answer

This did not solve my issues at all.

Best Answer

That would be too easy. 

Best Answer
Thank you.....👍
Best Answer

Still doesn't work 🥺

Best Answer

On android devices: Navigate to Play Store => My Apps and Games => Installed and scroll to the Fitbit app. It should show an update pending. Install the update and reboot your phone.

For me this resolved the sync issue and my Versa 2 connected immediately.

Best Answer

Searched in Google play store for the Fitbit app and the update was there. Took a while but all seems ok at the moment. 🤞

Best Answer

Can anyone confirm the updated app has allowed a Sense device to sync successfully? I have tried all the troubleshooting steps again (except factory reset -- will be returning before I bother on that) and it will not sync.

Best Answer

Still not working for me. Tried updating the app, restarting phone, turned Bluetooth on and off and cleared the cache. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm literally ready to throw my Fitbit out the door! I've been working my **ahem** off and it is extremely frustrating that my Fitbit isn't synching. I did the update this morning and before noon it's trash again! Are y'all going to actually fix it or do I go ahead and get the Garmin?

Best Answer