Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531

Kate why are we being blamed for the watch no longer working when it was 100% fine at time of firmware update and now we have devices that no longer function. I’m being told my watch that is less than 14 months old is now only valid for a 35% discount when I had no issues with it until this firmware update killed my watch. 

I have been on the phone and chat with customer service for over 3 hours and the blame is being put on me for this error and I’m being told no this is not an issue on fit bit. All I know is there was no issue with my watch prior to this firmware update and now I have a useless brick I’m being told I need to pay to replace when I did nothing to damage it.

Simply did the firmware update as the app requested me to do. How is this my fault?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are interested in doing the same, it's not that difficult. Here are the steps that I followed.

1) Uninstall your current Fitbit app
2) Download and Install an Android Package File installer. (I used the Up to Down app available on Google Play)
3) Go to Up to Down.com (no spaces) and search for Fitbit 3.26.1 (You may have to select 'older versions' and scroll through them to find it)
4) Download Fitbit 3.26.1
5) Open the Up to Down installer and select Install apps
6) Click on the Fitbit 3.26.1 icon (inside the installer) to install it. Your phone will prompt you to change your settings to allow it to install unknown apps. Do so. After the installation has competed, the installer may ask you if you want to install the latest Fitbit update. Make sure you cancel this or you will end up with the same problem.
7) Go to the Fitbit app on Google Play, and using the three dots on the upper right corner, deselect auto update for this app.
😎 Open the Fibit App. You may have to Setup a Device again. Even though it says you are connected to a Charge 4, it will not sync unless you install a new Device. Once this is completed your Charge 4 should sync normally.

Hope you find this useful. I see others have done something similar, but didn't give really detailed instructions. Others may have useful comments to add to what I have said. Of course, whatever you do is at your own risk, but so far I am happy with this solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is the firmware not the app. I have had to make it clear to the customer service this is the firmware that caused my crash. Still not making progress on getting help. My 14 month old watch is useless and all they are offering is a 35%discount for me to buy another. This happened to my versa 1 and I let it slide I’m not playing this game on a watch that was fully working prior to firmware update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue started with the sync'ing issue this past week. Stupid me deleted my Charge 4 knowing it'd pair up again. I've done everything suggestion. Uninstall/reinstalled the app. Restarted the fitbit. Off/On bluetooth. Everything. It'll connect through bluetooth on the app, but then the app will freeze and won't continue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Friday morning: I've been fighting this issue since 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. This morning, I am heading to T-Mobile for purchasing a new smart watch which will be independent of needing my smartphone close at hand to the watch. A bit more expensive but will be devoid of my battling anymore Fitbit glitches. Hate to say goodbye. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is the firmware froze my watch and it’s now not turning on. I had a fit bit logo on screen for over 14 hours. It’s been on the charger for 24 hours and still won’t power up.

Here’s to making memories!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I am sorry but I did not purchase the watch less than 2 months ago to download an non secure app. I bought the watch and I am a premium subscriber to the app so I can utilize what fitbit sold me on. 

I appreciate everyone posting how to go about this through nonsecure options but it's not good enough for me. 

I want what i paid for, end of story. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here... not sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far with the update this morning my versa 2 is working again

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just loaded new update (3.37.1) from Play Store on my S10e and my sense Fitbit now sync's.

No need for me to return 🙂

Best Answer
How do you reinstall the older versionSent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still experiencing problems...yesterday it actually synced first thing in the morning...nothing since! This is so frustrating as I had a perfectly working system up until the new update. Please, please get this figured out! I have a Versa and had been so very happy with it....not happy now!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your email. I will see if it works.
I have downloaded an older version for now which does sinc but other
functionality does not work such as Alexa and notifications despite turning
this on in the ap
Regards
Antony
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you click at the top of this forum there is a message saying they are
aware of the update issue and are working on fixing it. Don't call
customer service, they probably won't help. From reading the other
comments on this post, it sounds like there is a fix coming. And it should
fix your issues once your app is updated.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in the UK and Play store only showed version 3.37 of the app, however switching the phone off and on and reloading the store it showed latest 3.37.1  🙂 .  Installing that has resolved the syncing / pairing issue. Phew.   Everyone just needs to get this new release and they should be fine now.

Best Answer
They just updated the app in the play store and I'm back up and running!
Best Answer

This so frustrating! Any news on how long this fix will take? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My partner, who has the same phone and tracker as me (Moto E6+ and Charge 4), did nothing to fix the problem and simply waited for her phone to auto update the app. After restarting the phone, the Fitbit app appeared in the list of available updates, and so she updated the app. It is now syncing with her tracker, although taking its time presumeably because of the amount of data stored over the past 2 and a half days.

The new app doesn't appear in the pending updates list on my phone, so I uninstalled and the Play store shows the new version 3.37.1. New version installed, and it is syncing. I'm sort of surprised because in the phone settings i thought i had set the bluetooth pairing to forget the Charge 4. 

I didn't do a full reset of the tracker in an attempt to get it to work before i knew it was an app problem.

In the time it has taken to write this the sync has completed. 

Best Answer

There is an update in the Google Play Store that fixes the issues. If you're not using the Play Store check the store you use.

Best Answer
0 Votes