Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing Issues on Android 3.37

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 2/1/2021: This issue was resolved with the release of android app version 3.37.1. We appreciate your reports and patience as we worked on a resolution.

Update 1/29/2021: We've released Android app version 3.37.1 to address syncing issues. Please update your device if you are experiencing issues syncing. Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. 

Update 1/28/2021: We are still working on this issue and hope to have a fix real soon. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. Thanks again for your reports and patience. 

Our team is aware of a syncing issue on Andriod 3.37 and is currently working on a fix. Thank you very much for your reports and patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,531 REPLIES 1,531

I woke up this morning and my Charge 4 Fitbit was fixed It is syncing again. I got my sleep data back, correctly I might add.  I did not restart my phone.   I did check the updates in the Play Store And I made sure that the update was updated as of January 29th 2021.  I have been checking all day and no problems.   That's with Charge 4.  On west coast.

------------------------------

Mine as well!♡ I love my Charge 4!  I even got all of last 4 days data too...

Best Answer

I reloaded my versa watch to my phone and it is now working! It updated my info and now I have the correct time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is everything that I tried yesterday.  I  believe I just got lucky and the fix (that included Charge 4) hit my area over night.  Fitbit themselves have an excellent IT team with some unreal response times! Your fix is right around the corner...

-----------------------------------

My Fitbit App in Play Store changed from "updated Jan 20, 2021" 

To

"Updated"

I don't know the name just that as of 1/30/21 my Charge 4 and Fitbit app are communicating beautifully and the IT team is hard at work on any other issues, I am sure.

Best Answer
0 Votes

App version is 3.37.1 Phone is a Moto G6 Android version 9.0 and all was working fine until the previous update broke it and the latest update 3.37.1 has NOT fixed it.  Sense is version 14.128 (latest). Cannot add the Sense to the app.

The app finds the Sense but just says "Connecting" for a long time the fails and offers to try again. Have stopped and started Bluetooth. Restarted the phone. Removed and reinstalled the app from the Play store. Given the app every permission that is available to it.

Have made sure the Sense is not connected to any other devices and that the phone is not paired to any other devices (and have tested that the phone can connect to other devices). Have contacted support twice and got a case number but no help.

It's sickening the amount of time I've spent messing with their broken stuff.

Best Answer

Syncing now fixed for the Moto E4 by the 3.37.1 App Update of 28th Jan.,

haiving been broken by 3.37 of around the 21st.
Glad this has sorted it - Thanks Fitbit 🙂 - but nervous about future updates
since the MOTO E4 remains absent from the official 'Compatibility list', although
some other MOTOs are listed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the fixed app.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am so sorry you are having this experience. Mine was not the same.
I wish I could help...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 4 and a Moto Z Play. This morning, I updated to version 3.37.1 - I actually uninstalled the FitBit app and reinstalled the new version several times. On the Bluetooth Pairing and Linking screen, I keep getting an error that says: "There was an error while trying to bluetooth pair your device." Bluetooth also won't recognize my Charge 4 as an available device (prior to this update, my phone saw that the Charge 4 was an available device, but wouldn't sync). Are there any troubleshooting tips, or do I need to wait for another app update?

Best Answer

anyone proven the Fitbit app 3.37.1 really fixes the problem - and is stable?  Luckily i have held off updating my android fitbit app because of many historic issues so don't want to reintroduce any more issues with a faulty update!

I have a Charge 2 thankfully now working with a Nokia 3.4 after 18 months of previous problems!  Hope to keep it that way so at moment rejecting any playstore offers to update to 3.37.1                          

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fortunately it worked for me. Moto G6 with Charge 4. I  will have to wait 12 hours, for stability as it seems to drop. The reps that i did.

1. Clear data

2. Uninstall

3. Install new version.

3a. Set up and i logged into my first account, not sure whether it is needed or not.

4. Switchoff  BT,

5. Switch on BT

6. Pair (took a while to pair).

7. So far do good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tips! My phone finally paired with my Charge 4, but it still won't sync. I'm hoping it just needs time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was also having this issue. I went into settings, went to apps, then FitBit, then to permissions. I added phone although I don't want phone calls. When I closed out of there, it immediately found itself, by itself. It's been only 10 minutes but seems to be good. Good luck!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My phone wouldn't recognize my versa watch so l opened the fitbit app and
selected "set up new device" and selected versa from the list and went
through the procedure and set it up as a new device. This worked for me
and sync versa with my phone. Hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good deal, I believe time will rectify the issue. I just let mine continue
to attempt syncing! Plugged in og course...both watch and phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done EVERYTHING you suggest, now my Versa is just frozen on the Fitbit logo. What a disaster!

Best Answer

I received the update, everything is fine, it is syncing, but....my Versa 2 does not show up in the bluetooth settings. I do have the bluetooth on, always. When Versa 2 does show up I get an error saying 'Pairing rejected by Versa 2'. What's weird is that all my stats are up to date on phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed when I originally joined my Sense to my Ipad during all this, it dropped a firmware update but still worked ok. Got my Android patch update, added device to my phone. Synchs and working ok so far. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately - newest upgrade 3.71 is not working for me. I have uinstalled & reinstalled, cleared catch, reset Charge 3 watch, blue tooth off and then on, restarted phone, etc., etc., three times now. I get one sync right after doing all of this, then it won't sync again. I was able to get Charge 2 to function but battery is about shot -- ironically, we have another Charge 3 in the household still running 3.7 and it continues to sync. Both are on Pixel 3as. 

Best Answer
I have been stable since I updated it yesterday morning. Versa 2 with
Samsung Galaxy J7 Star.
Best Answer

"We fixed some bugs and made stability improvements."   .................   just what does this mean????!!!    it is the same comment for every released version!!

Best Answer