Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity difficulties between Aria and Comcast/Xfinity routers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you all for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in this thread.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
607 REPLIES 607

Many people have tried your steps and it only works for a short period of time. I have found a solution for myself and some may not be able to do this, but you may have a friend or family member to help, or a local techie. You can get help from xfinity as well, they are quite helpful when you know what you want to do.

Login to the modem/router and create a 2.4Ghz network, then place a mac filter for your aria (inside battery door it shows the mac address of your scale). Also do the same for the device you use to connect the scale to this new 2.4Ghz network. Remember that the older technology may not work with network names that are longer than 8 characters and do not use special characters and blank spaces. This is when you will possibly find other devices like my older epson printer that will not connect to the 5Ghz network, so simply find the mac address of the device(s) and add them. You may panic at this next step, but do not because no one can gain access to the 2.4Ghz network unless you add their mac address. No security setting and no password, doing this eliminates 90% of all connection issues that could occur. Also, be sure the network is broadcast, otherwise the aria scale will not see it and will not connect.

Then be sure to follow the setup process

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Earthquakie - that seems very much the same as what the original poster stated to do. However, the issue that I'm finding is that the newer models of Comcast routers no longer support the option of 2.4Ghz network. I'm happy that your model does still allow this. I was incredibly disappointed to find this flaw with my original Aria, I can't imagine how frustrated people with the newer Aria 2 must feel.

After reading more of the posts, it seems there are three options for those of us, who have these newer xFi routers:

1. Use the Aria as a paperweight and go buy a different scale (I won't mention which one here, as I have no experience with them. Others have made recommendations.)

2. Use a wifi extender that transmits 802.11b (I had an extra one laying around and it worked beautifully!)

3. Ditch Fitbit all together and jump to some other platform. 

Best of luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel like this has been a known issue for some time with no real fix! The option that is expressed doesn't work with new comcast routers. 

I have own multiple fitbits, my kids wear them and I have enjoyed using the Arie until the past year with comcast. I dug it out after a move thinkin well maybe it will work now, nope I was wrong... I feel like fitbit needs to do something a little more productive about this issue.. I'd love to keep the scale stay in the family but it honestly seems pointless..If I upgrade to the newer series how do I know it connects? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if this will finally be addressed after Google completes its acquisition of Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks for trying.  This does not work with Xfinity's newer XFi router and pods.

I'm also very frustrated, like many other users on this board, with the lack of useful notifications.  It took me an hour of not resolving the issue, through phone or laptop connections, before I searched the community boards.  That's ridiculous given how easy it is to change apps and web pages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably not. It does not seem to be important

Sent from iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's an idea for you, Fitbit!  How about you offer to replace the outdated Aria 1 scale with the new Aria 2/Aria Air for folks who can no longer use the Aria 1 due to technology moving on?  You're offering it online for $49.95.  Free would be perfect, but even if you want to charge something nominal like 5 or 10 bucks, I bet you'll get plenty of takers.  What do you say?  Let's do the right thing by our customers!

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/aria2?color=black 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello we have been using our scale since May 5, 2015. We were automatically upgraded to 5G internet through RCN using an Arris model modem DG3450 P/N DG00DAE13450  2.4 GHz ATTIS DF 7 5GHZ ARRIS DF65-5G.  Our Aria last synced 11/20/2019, 4:51 AM it has Firmware version 39  and the batteries are new.  I have conducted the following without success: 1) connecting to the 2.4 GHz 2) restarted the wifi, 3) replaced batteries in the scale, 4)  connect using my phone, MacBook, IBM desktop, IBM laptop, iPad, and IBM tablet, 5) unplugged the cable from the modem and reconnected, and 6) attempted to connect through my wiFi extender under its lower GHz without success.  What is the company doing to fix the issue?  We have been loyal uses with multiple Fitbit watches at five years of dedicated usage.  Will the company resolve the issue and retain their customer base? 

Best Answer
They are advising we switch to the new Aria
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Does the switch require us to buy an updated scale?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t know. Assume so

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, we have sold you a piece of equipment that is compatible with your wifi svs any longer. And we have a solution, buy the new full price... 

Uhm..not #Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely,  this has been Fitbit's solution since 2017.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is the update??? It’s a repeat of what I see in posts going back more than a year. I’m a angry customer who was sold an archaic technology. What a shame Fitbit has done nothing. I see the new Aria also has issues. Unbelievable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Haven't been able to use my scale now for over a year. I'm done. Fitbit sucks. Researching the RenPho.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good choice. I love my Renpho scale

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the instructions below, changing to b/g/n in advanced settings on the wireless 2.4 frequency tab, on xfinity site. No difference. Still getting "WIFI ERR" message everytime I go through the wifi setup instructions

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 2 Arias in my house, one works, one doesn’t.   I went through the same steps to set up both.  One quit in March of last year, just like everyone else’s, and I lost 2 hours of my life tonight trying to put it back on.   It’s actually my roommate!s device and I’ve advised her that it’s old technology that Fitbit can’t, or won’t, fix, and she should replace it with something else not Fitbit “supported”.    This project is not worth any more time.  

Best Answer

Access to this workaround is now blocked.

I am having the same problem as the others in this thread.  My Aria 2 worked great for a year, and now won't connect to my Comcast/Motorola MG7540 modem.

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with Rogers Ignite. No option to set to b

Best Answer
0 Votes