Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.402.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Blaze users have successfully updated to this firmware: 17.8.402.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to17.8.402.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Blaze, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Blaze users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 17.8.402.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Blaze users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/18/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Blaze! This is a progressive rollout, and all Blaze users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 17.8.402.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
302 REPLIES 302

Time for a status update if so, they had at least 6 months to work on it and released no improvement updates after.

Best Answer

The amount of complaints here, I'd expect a better reaction than what we have been seeing.

Best Answer

I contacted their support and they are sending me a new one. I’m happy with that as a response. Glad to see a company that does their best to make the customer happy.

Best Answer

@LurchZA wrote:

The amount of complaints here, I'd expect a better reaction than what we have been seeing.

You're making the typical mistake of falsely extrapolating out a much larger number than is supported by a reasonable understanding of the data. A technical support forum is, by nature, going to have a specific universe of people addressing issues and searching out detailed solutions. It is in no way representative of the larger universe of total units sold that are experiencing no problems whatsoever. Your small subset of people sharing your same technical issue doesn't allow one to logically conclude that your particular technical problem is systemic. As far as I can see, there has been no reporting of issue by phone manufacturer, model, operating system, security patch, et al.

Best Answer
Well folks I have reported everything directly to fit bit who in turn has told me that there was nothing they could do! Yet it was there firmware that cause my watch to quit functioning! Now I have to buy a new fit bit they say! I’m terribly sorry to say this but fit bit can go pound sand! Never will I buy another fit bit product ever again
Best Answer

I was able to update, however, since I’ve done so, my blaze battery will not hold a charge and dies in a matter of hours. Will Fitbit be fixing this issue?

Best Answer

Sounds like I have really dodged the bullet in being able to return mine to the retailer the day after buying it.

Seems there is a device wide fault with the firmware/device and FitBit are not taking it seriously.

Are you guys not able to return it to where you bought it citing the device not being fit for purpose, I believe you can do this within a couple of years after purchase on electronic device, at least in the UK you can

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm waiting for black friday and going to go with an Apple Watch

Best Answer

Okay so after my post of trying to reset my watch and reinstall it to my phone everything works again it took awhile but its all good now. I've had this watch since January with no issues and this was the only issue glad I finally got everything back to normal. 

Best Answer

This is exactly the same issue I am facing, but I don't see the GPS data in the Fitbit app record of my ride. The phone (6s) is not the issue, the GPS is working, so I'm back to old school tracking my rides on Strava with my phone, and having no heartrate info, nor having the tracking in fitbit.

Edit: my post is referring to LurchZA's post on page 6 of this thread. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

They didn’t in my case! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, there’s a one year LIMITED warranty.Can I send you mine? 😜

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for the details that you've mentioned, I'm sorry for the difficulties you've had with your Blaze after the firmware update. 

Regarding the battery issues that you've had. I would like you to confirm you've followed this procedure: restart your tracker, double check that you're properly charging it. Also, you may want to check the tips to maximize your battery life

Additionally, you may want to check that  your Blaze has been properly updated. Just go to your Dashboard > click on settings > Blaze and this is the firmware version that you should see version 17.8.402.1.

I've seen that some of you are still having issues with Samsung S8, check this thread for more details about it. 

Last but not least, when you contact our Support team regarding your tracker's warranty. The option that they will provide you is going to be based in the Fitbit Warranty

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
When it’s your firmware causing the issue, warranty doesn’t apply!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since i updated my blaze, the bluetooth keeps turning off. Can you please advise how i rectify this. 

Best Answer
Me too. Not at all happy.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted the support team (http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1) as well as posting here.

Yesterday they went back and forth with me troubleshooting a few options and are now sending me a replacement device.

If anybody else wants to contact them, to make it simpler, put all your issues (with screenshots) in the initial mail. I'd sent a link to my forum post that contained the issues but they asked again then then after I copied and pasted the information they asked for screenshots showing the sleep and heartrate not tracking. I also had cycled yesterday morning so had noticed a discrepancy between the distance on the Fitbit versus Strava which I also provided separately.

Moral of the story, provide as much info as you can in the initial contact.

Also, if they get to a point they decide to replace, they need all the below information:

- Name of the retailer where you purchased your product
- Full name
- Street address (line one)
- Street address (line two) If shipping to South Africa please provide either VAT # / TR ID / Passport #
- Postal Code
- City
- Country
- Phone number
- Email address associated with your Fitbit account
- Wristband size (if applicable) and color

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are they just sending you a replacement for your Blaze tracker? Because they sent me a replacement tracker and when I got it nothing was better I had the exact same issues. I hope it works out for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes they're sending a replacement.

That is not good news at all to hear you still have the same issue with a new device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just remember that Fitbit is in "pass the buck" mode to Samsung concerning
the Blaze issues with the S8. I suspect they gave up quite awhile ago and
still are not warning potential buyers of the continuing issues. Having
them send you a replacement for a device that doesn't work properly to
begin with won't solve the underlying issued the Blaze has. If it did,
they'd have already come out with a fix for everyone else. Instead, they
came out with a firmware update that made the Blaze even worse. Then, in
my case, they keep on referring me to old threads explaining so called
"fixes" that don't work.

Seriously Fitbit, do you really think I haven't tried those fixes over and