Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze battery draining fast

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everybody! I don't usually uses blaze while I work. I put it on the table. After about four hours, the blaze turned to 60% batteries from 100%. Any power-down mode can I use in the blaze?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to visit the Community, and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your feedback and thoughts about the Blaze, as well for the steps that some of you tried to get your devices working correctly. I see where are you coming from about your Blaze battery not lasting and I'm sorry about the frustration this situation has caused you. Our team works on our products based on the comments posted in the Community, and I'm sure yours will not go unnoticed as it helps us to improve our devices and their performance.

@QT_M, welcome on board. Although you've tried some steps, please check our charging instructions to make sure your device is being charged correctly. Also, review our help article with tips to extend your Fitbit's device life? Give it a try and if the issue persists, reply back to this post so I can request a case for you.

In case you notice your Fitbit is having issues charging, you can also check this: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

I'll be around if you have another question.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
905 REPLIES 905

How do I get a replacement battery for my Blaze ! Less than 8 hours of use per charge everything turned off just a glorified watch!

Moderator edit: format and subject edited for clarity

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums!

You can not get a battery replacement.

Try these steps

Please clean the contacts
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-tracker-s-battery-isn-t-charging/?q=not+chargi...

Then Do a Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Also See this thread for charging best practices. If you are not charging it correctly you could be damaging the battery
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge/Fitbit-charge-battery-problems/m-p/1323307#M53291

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1799

If it doesn't help Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I am on my replacement Blaze (for my original purchase March 2016--which had the dead battery)--here we are almost 12 months to the day---and i can't get more than 30 hours out of the battery.

YES, i have re-started and done all of those steps you posted, I also contacted customer support LAST MONTH when it first happened as i was concerned and wanted to make them aware--I left the ticket OPEN to respond yesterday--it was intermittent issues at first--does not show the correct time, even after a sync and the battery not lasting more than a day or so.

Customer service is "reviewing my warranty.  Ahem--I sent them the original email from fitbit  saying the replacement was shipping out on June 20 2016.  I sure hope that they stand behind this product again, if not the Blaze is certainly not going to be purchased.  $200.  for a tracker that doesn't last a year?  COME ON....this is why i reported to customer service at the first time i had a problem, i wanted them to know it was a month before the warranty expired.

good thing is that CS is now actually reading my emails and stopped giving those canned answers after i explained in detail the problem and what i did to correct it (as Wendy just listed)

Best Answer
I have tried all the recommendations for this problem and my blaze holds a
charge for about 8 hours if I leave the pulse off with it on about 6 . That
is why I'M looking for a new BATTERY !
Best Answer

The only way to get a replacement battery for a fittbit blaze is to buy a
New fittbit blaze !

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

So we are just supposed to 200 to 300 dollars every year and half to two years? That is ridiculous. There has to be a better way.

Best Answer

Done all of these and they are no help.

Best Answer
YES they whant us to buy a new one every couple of years !
Best Answer

Yeah, just like Apple...

Best Answer

Hi there @Alex_the_blazeu. Great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with the battery level on your Blaze decreasing like that 😕

Is this the first time that you notice something like this to happen or has this been happening for a while now?

If this is the first time, I can recommend putting it to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the cradle and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Thankyou . Your way really works! Thankyou!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to be an Apple advocate... Now, because of their never-ending greed, I am not any longer. Same now applies to Fitbit. It was a good idea, but the product is useless! 

Best Answer

No other way, follow the link to do it and source out the battery on eBay or Aliexpress. Battery size is 167 to 200 mAH measures 3.2mm thick, 18mm wide and 30mm long or equivalent.
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Fitbit+Blaze+Battery+Replacement/86653

Note: To Fitbit, this is my last Fitbit product. You lose customers due to this design that trying to squeeze money from customers.

Best Answer
I have seen this replacement procedure. It requires some soldering, which I
think I can do. I will give it a shot.

You are right, I too will never buy another product from FitBit. Thi is
not (or perhaps should not be) a sustainable business strategy.
Best Answer

It's hard to get the right size but if you're willing to do some soldering, the closest battery size you can get and fit it into the blaze is 3.7v 160mAH 302030 Lithium Polymer Battery. Size 3mm X 20mm X 30mm. Google this or search it on Aliexpress or eBay. This is your best bet. 
As for me I'm use to soldering so it's not really a problem. Good Luck guys.

Best Answer

:)...........

Best Answer

I found one on AliExpress! Looking forward to installing it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery life last about a day, is this right?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the 2nd & last fitbit I will buy  -  the 1st one (charge hr) had a band that was impossible to replace and now the blaze ( my sons gave me)  the battery  -  I agree it is rediculous

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer