Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Blaze. The set up was fine until I started charging it. The battery icon never showed on the screen. I also have a Charge and it charged using the same computer an hour before. Anyone have a problem charging the Blaze?

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

Best Answer
158 REPLIES 158

I received my fitbit and had the same problem would not charge when I plugged into my computer USB port. After 2 days of trouble shooting with fitbit support  online and my computer support folks and no resolution I saw a post where someone plugged their fitbit blaze into their cell phone charger and it finally charged and then completed the update fine. I did that and the fitbit blaze finally charged and is now performing the update so we will see how it goes when the update is done. Sure is a real pain when you get the product and there is not enough of a charge on it to do the update and it would not charge when plugged into computer like it is supposed to do. So frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a replacement Blaze tracker and it is not charging.  Kept it hooked up for almost 8 hours yesterday and 5 hours today.  The icon is not clearing one bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does your Blaze still say "fitbit.com/setup", if so then there will be no indication of it charging.

When you go through the setup routine, the app will tell you if the Blaze needs to be charged. At the worst case 30 minutes will be all that is needed, and never charge for more then 2 hours at a time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am SO frustrated and obviously I'm not the only one. My new Blaze would not set up; it only had 8% battery left, so I popped it into the tray, snapped it shut, heard the click, and left it overnight. Tried again. Nothing. It still told me battery is empty. I've tried multiple ways, including the kleenex on top and still nothing. Mine shows either just the diamond symbol, or the diamond symbol with fitbit/setup. Should I sent it back? I've had a Zip, a One, and a Charge, and so far, I'm not a happy camper with this blazin' Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know your dilemma. I didn’t feel comfortable using the Community Forum, other than to vent. When I went on the CHAT line. The agent (Bernadet) was so very helpful, and I got answers to my issues satisfactorily. Like she said there’s no reason for us to feel so frustrated, and they are willing to help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, Colorado Sun - I will try the Chat Line.
I left the Fitbit charging for the 3rd night in a row and now and still
nothing, so something is definitely wrong.
​I appreciate your input.​
Best Answer
0 Votes

When the Fitbit is charging you should be able to tap it and see a battery indicator in the upper left corner. If you don't see the indicator then it is not charging. It also should only take 1 to 2 hours to charge.  

When  tje Blaze is first places in the charged,  you should see the big battery icon? If not double check that the charging pins are lined up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck. I was also told it does more harm than good to keep it charging more than 2 hours at a time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried using my old charger & new, but the Tracker never charged with either. Also tried a wall outlet. Bottom line, the Tracker is faulty & I will get a replacement again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The charging pins are aligned. Yesterday When I inserted the Fitbit into
the charger, it briefly flashed 8%. Today,There is nothing; no battery
indicator light, no Fitbit logo; nada.

--

*​ *
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish I had known that! I just removed it from the charger! And, I'm going
to CHAT!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Sierracoach: Did you talk to CHAT yet? I hope they were able to resolve your problem with that darn Charger. I finally determined it was a faulty tracker on mine, because I finally found my old tracker that used to work, and it didn’t charge at all with either charger.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've received my fitbit blaze as gift from friends and it doesnt charge. i followed exact instructions which you posted, tried numerous times and still nothing. What shall i do>?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to get a new charger -- after I contacted Support they sent me one. I haven't had any problems since then. My original one seemed to rattle around in the charging case, but the new one fits and works fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When new and plugged in for first time there is no charge icon, until its first linked up. No problem with device just leave it plugged into your USB port on the computer for one hour then link it in the app. Then it's got an icon when in charge.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I received my new Blaze yesterday and it was so frustrating because it wouldn't charge to download the update and finish the initial setup. Here is what to do. Hope this helps someone.

1. Put it on the charging cradle connected to your computer port.
2. Download the fitbit app to your computer from fitbit.com
3. Log in to your account set up your new Blaze tracker there and download the update. Since your tracker is connected to the computer it will update there. Just wait until the update it's done!
Your tracker is ready to go!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I received my new Blaze yesterday and it was so frustrating because it wouldn't charge to download the update and finish the initial setup. Here is what to do. Hope this helps someone.

1. Put it on the charging cradle connected to your computer port.
2. Download the fitbit app to your computer from fitbit.com
3. Log in to your account set up your new Blaze tracker there and download the update. Since your tracker is connected to the computer it will update there. Just wait until the update it's done!
Your tracker is ready to go!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

thanks alot for help. ....now i am facing new issue - it is necessary for
device to have bluetooth on, but when i switch it on, my internet
connection is automatically lost. so i cannot update it and finish
installing it.
so ultimate question is - do i need bluetooth and internet running up at
the same time?
i know it sounds stupid to you but i just cannot set it up 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to use my phone charger the first time. After that it worked fine.
Just dont use the rapid phone charger
Best Answer
0 Votes
I suggest you contact Fitbit customer service live chat from your pc. They guide you step by step throughout the whole process! I did and resolved the issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes