Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

001 displayed on Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 1.27.06 PM.pngFitbit Update 1/18/2019: If you see the Fitbit logo and error 001 on your tracker, please see this link and restart your tracker. This should resolve the issue. If you are still stuck, please let us know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello guys, thanks for your participation in the Community!

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this "001 error" by yourselves. @Ping10000@James_Vierkant and @Dsherrera49, thanks for the input in the thread.

@ChrisKelley and @Randy193, if you are experiencing the "001 error" issue, I recommend restarting your devices by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I restart my Fitbit device?. If this process doesn't work, perform a long restart:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

@Newby23, if your are having syncing issue, I suggest taking a look at the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and follow the instructions provide there. Just keep in mind that we are moderating this thread for users who are experiencing the "001 error" in their trackers. If you are experiencing other issues or have a feature suggestion or improvement, I encourage you to find a similar thread, check out the feature suggestion board or start a new thread.

Catch you later. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
293 REPLIES 293

Hi,  what is the issue with the Charge 3,just suddenly displaying the fitbit logo on top 2/3 of screen with the number 001 below it.    It no longer communicates to the app, nothing happens if you put it in the charger.   I noticed that a few days ago, someone else on another thread reported the same.   If I replace the charge 3 instead of just returning it, can you reassure me that this is a rare event?

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarted and changed clock face. Is working now EXCEPT screen still does not respond to touch so I cannot scroll thru menus. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried restarting my fibit charge 3, but it won't restart. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

We have tried to restart my husbands 4 times and still receive the 001 any other suggestions

Best Answer

I have posted before but I don't know what you expect us to do if we can't restart I bought this on 27/12/18. Not even a month old yet and its literally stopped working the 001 and Fitbit logo are the only things on the screen and I can't restart it or even get past this. May as well go ask for a refund cause at this point nothing is working. Waste of time and money 

I used the Live Chat to fix mine. The support representative told me that my fitbit had become frozen and unresponsive so he checked my last sync settings and we went through the restart process again. It worked and I have my fitbit back!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Just wanted to add that I am having this issue also.

I was bought a Fitbit Charge 3 for Christmas which I used for a few weeks and then got error 001 on the screen, I followed the advise on restarting the device which resolved the issue. A few days later I got the error again, I was again able to fix it but decided I would return the device to Amazon and get a replacement in case it was a defective unit.

My replacement arrived on Friday and low and behold I have error 001 again this morning. Whilst the restart does fix the error, it's hardly practical because who has their charger on them all the time? For example, I ran to work this morning, got a load of steps in which is cool, when I run again at lunch and after work I won't register the steps which is a real shame.

@KateFitbit, are you able to advise what error 001 actually is? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So disappointed. Can at least let us know how to avoid having this error? I had this error when my battery was at 40%. Didnt had my charger w me to reset so i had to just leave it alone. After 1hr30min the error disappear but battery was totally flat 😞 

Best Answer
I had exactly the same problem yesterday, I was amazed at how quickly the battery died.

Fitbit are you going to respond to us? This really isn't acceptable for a device that we've paid the best part of £150 for, we deserve some sort of explanation. Manually adding steps is madness and defeats the object of having a Fitbit, and having to keep a charger on you at all times is just siĺly. You should be doing something even if that is just an update. I'm taking part in a 100 mile run over the course of January, my runs yesterday were pointless because of this error, I had no data!

I work for a company who develop software so I fully understand and appreciate that bugs are common, dodgy code happens and developers can take days if not longer to find the cause of an issue, but the key is to keep your customers updated during the time between an issue being reported and a solution being produced. Right now it feels like you've stolen £150 from me.

What does error 001 mean? Is there a way to avoid it? Are your developers looking into this bug? Is there an ETA for a fix?

Regards
Joel
Best Answer

@paladinSF are you still seeing an 001 after restarting the tracker? 

@SunsetRunner we are aware that some have reported changing the clock face cures a blank screen. I haven't heard of it clearing the 001, thanks for linking. 

@jacock is your device still frozen? I see your syncing and accumulating steps. 

@kimzuchowski I created a support case for you. If your husband is still having problems, please let them know. 

@joelseph25 I'm sorry to hear you had two devices that received 001. I've let our team know. It looks like you are still syncing, are you still seeing 001? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Thanks for your response @KateFitbit, I've had difficulty syncing on both devices where the app appears to lose connectivity with the device even though my phone confirms there is a stable bluetooth connection to it. I've managed to get around this by turning off the 'Always Connected' option from within the Fitbit app, this is enabled by default for the Charge 3 whereas this was disabled by default on my older Fitbits.

Error 001 wise, I'm still getting this daily, the reset does resolve this but it's a pain having to keep a charger on me at all times. Today I had the error twice in the space of 10 minutes which is new! The only pattern I've noticed is that the error seems to come up after I've been for a run, when I go out running I don't put the Fitbit into running mode, in case this is of use.

Do Fitbit produce logs or dump files which I can extract and send on to you for your developers to look at?

Cheers

Joel 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My device is no longer frozen, blank, etc. It appears to be tracking. However, the touch screen does not work. I cannot scroll thru any menus. All I can see is the clock face.

John Cocklereece
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is displaying the 001 screen, and despite plugging it in and attempting to restart it, I cannot restart my fitbit. I have tried plugging it into my laptop and outlets to charge, but it does not vibrate when I plug it in. It vibrates when I put my finger over the oval (button?) on the side, but the screen remains the same. I updated the fitbit app and have tried syncing it and resetting my Bluetooth, but it has not helped. what should I try to get it to restart?

Update: Nevermind I finally got it to restart and its working again Smiley Happy)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kate,

thanks so much for following up.  Since you asked, I will give you a detailed answer.  

Unfortunately nothing I did would help.  It stop communicating with phone app, no Bluetooth, no reset approach worked, when hooked up to charger, did not show anything, I think reset may have gotten blank screen then the logo and 001.   It did get warm while in charger but not dangerously warm.  The green light on the back was off.   I ordered an exchange from amazon.   Got it in 1 or 2 days.   So sent the first back.   Set up the new one and it has minor glitches.   Not touching the clock face or settings.  Hoping Fitbit has software fix.     I question accuracy of heat rate though.  Seems to  Overestimate a lot.    Had sitting hr of 110-120 and when I quick touch my pulse, it is below a 100 at the same time.   But on the whole. It’s a ballpark HR and presumable the average is correct.   I like the sleep monitor and to the extent that I remember dreaming the rem sleep seems accurate. Like waking up during or after a dream, REM is recorded just prior to wakefulness.  That may be the best reason for me to keep device.   I am trying so hard to love this devise.  Please have your company fix these glitching problems. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit is showing this error. I have tried to connect it to the laptop to perform the reset, however it will not connect. Any other suggestions?

Natalie 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just two. It has been said that if you leave it off the charger, the battery will completely discharge in 24 hrs. Then if you put the charger on, it will turn on or you can do a reset. If that doesn’t work, most people seems to end up having a replacement. Call FB is an option.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kate,

had the same issue today with my 3. Logo and 001 continuous, maybe a hour or two later I saw what I thought was a face could’ve been sad but I was driving and couldn’t check. Then the unit was dead, funny as it was at about 70% this morning. App could not see the unit and it would not respond to screen taps though it did seem to buzz for the side button. 

Git to a charger and it’s at 50% now and seems ok, stopped syncing befor 7A local. Using the Charge 2 retro clock face Incase that’s helpful.

really seems like a software bug. Any news on an update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been 48 hours since I disabled the 'Always Connected' option within the Fitbit app, I seem to remember this option fixed a bug in an older version of Android. I've not had a 001 error for about 36 hours and I've not experienced a single issue with syncing since disabling this option which is awesome! 

Could someone else who is experiencing 001 errors and is connected to an Android device try this to see if it helps? I'd love to say I've found the solution!

@KateFitbit, just tagging you so you can see the post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue and hooked up to the charger. The link says that the tracker will vibrate and show a battery icon on the display. Mine did not; it still showed the logo and the 001. However, being the stubborn person that I am, I pressed the button and held it for 8 seconds anyway, and I got the smiley face and it's working again.

If anyone is having difficulty because they're not getting the battery icon, press and hold the button anyway. It worked for me.

Best Answer