Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

001 displayed on Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 1.27.06 PM.pngFitbit Update 1/18/2019: If you see the Fitbit logo and error 001 on your tracker, please see this link and restart your tracker. This should resolve the issue. If you are still stuck, please let us know. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

I have been contacted once by customer support team, all I was asked for were very basic questions like where I live and where I bought my Charge 3.  I want help getting it to work again.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Thanks for your reply no I haven’t heard anything back from them yet.

Nicky

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you call CS?  They would make immediate help decisions. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I called again today and the problem was taken care of.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Excellent, thank you for the update @Dsherrera49

@Nicky987, it usually takes 24 to 48 hours to get a reply from the Customer Support team. You should be getting a response very soon. 

Keep me posted.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you have a replacement coming good luck.

God loves you
Best Answer
0 Votes
Why good luck

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had good luck with my replacement. And you should too.

God loves you
Best Answer

Hello, 

my problem is device/iPhone not syncing correctly. Last sync says 3/7/19. Bought charger3 on 2/7/19. Lost steps remainder of the day 3/7, tracker shows “0” steps Friday/Saturday but I’ve worn my device and know that I’ve reached over 10k steps both says and the battery is good. My iPhone is set to sync with device automatically. How can I get device/iPhone to sync/ get past data back ? 

Best Answer

Newby23, you can't. You'll have to do a factory reset of the tracker and reload the app on your phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted the app from my iPhone/re-added back the app; I was able to get all the data steps back! How often would I have to do this “reset” of the app??? I’m keeping a record of my daily steps now in excel/picture ! 

Best Answer
Reset. Call CS. They will walk you through. Hopefully your problem is settled. If not perhaps a replacement.

God loves you
Best Answer
0 Votes

I woke up this morning with this error message tried all the steps to reboot but nothing is working 

Best Answer

I’m experiencing this on a Charge 3 that I purchased a week ago. Can someone from Fitbit confirm whether this is a hardware problem or a software problem?

Is there an ETA on a fix? Based on the forum thread I’m reading, it’s been happening since the device was released. 

Best Answer

Hello guys, thanks for your participation in the Community!

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this "001 error" by yourselves. @Ping10000@James_Vierkant and @Dsherrera49, thanks for the input in the thread.

@ChrisKelley and @Randy193, if you are experiencing the "001 error" issue, I recommend restarting your devices by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I restart my Fitbit device?. If this process doesn't work, perform a long restart:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

@Newby23, if your are having syncing issue, I suggest taking a look at the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and follow the instructions provide there. Just keep in mind that we are moderating this thread for users who are experiencing the "001 error" in their trackers. If you are experiencing other issues or have a feature suggestion or improvement, I encourage you to find a similar thread, check out the feature suggestion board or start a new thread.

Catch you later. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Newby23, I ended up having to reset mine about every other day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ll be returning mine today and going to the Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

I have that 001. It will not let me restart. 

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Bjvitto! Thanks for trying to restart your Charge 3. If this process doesn't work, perform a long restart:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

Hi @ChrisKelley! Sorry to hear you go. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Hello @James_Vierkant! If you're still having difficulties with your Charge 3, since you have an open case with our support team, please feel free to reach them back. They'll be more than glad to assist. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I tried the restart and that isn't doing anything. My fitbit is still displaying 001 and will not go to the charge option so I can restart. Any suggestions?

Edit: So I just spoke to customer service. And I had previously tried the restart method. Holding for 8 seconds. The lady was very nice. And was ready to offer some solutions, if the first one didn't work. She told me to clean the contacts of the charger and the fitbit and hold the button to reset for 15 sec. The happy face came on and my fitbit started working again. I hope for other people it is a simple solution. And I hope it doesn't keep happening, like I have been reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes