Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom food and activity entries do not auto-populate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 11/1/2018: Hey Everyone, I've been told that our team has isolated the cause and do hope to have a resolution on this soon. I realize it's been a good while and all of your feedback has been passed to our team. I'll update this thread when I hear further.

Update 6/27/2018: We are also aware that custom activities are not auto-populating. Our team is currently investigating. At this time, you can find new custom created activities under Recent in both the Fitbit.com dashboard and app. 

Update 6/26/2018: We are aware of an ongoing issue where custom foods no longer auto-populate. We hope to have a resolution soon, however, I do not have a timeline for fix at the moment. 

The entry is there, at this time we recommend the following workarounds: 

• Mark the entry as a favorite. You can then pull this information from your Favorites list.
  • Pull the entry from your Recent list under Foods
On the app: 
  • Pull the entry from your Custom list 

I know many of you have been doing this already, thanks for working with us. I'll update this thread once I hear more. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
94 REPLIES 94

Hi everyone - I've merged several posts on the dashboard interface to this thread. Please let's keep this thread on topic. Thanks. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit I noticed you have moved and merged posts with ref to food logging because it was about the display instead of the logging BUT have you got any update reference the actual issue that was reported on Last updated by you on 26th June it is now October please can you try and find some information to at least keep us hopeful

Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this real? This bug has existed for at least 4 months and STILL no fix?? What the hell, Fitbit! The amount of money that myself and so many others have spent with you and such a simple, very annoying issue takes this long to get fixed??

I have stuck by you guys for so long but things like this make me regret ever buying a watch form you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes its for real and being ongoing since March - the only response is to add to favourites and log as you input a new food - which goes against the principle of a favourites list and does not allow anyone else to access data you have input even though it clearly states you can access when you search for a food upon entering the new product or filling out more details on the ones that are already in the system

I have just received an email asking me to upgrade to a charge 3 at cost still knowing that there is defective software they really are not grasping the fact that we will not buy more while these issues are outstanding - Last update was from @KateFitbit on this issue on the 26/06/2018 which I feel needs to be again sent through to the development/programming team for another update as the time is unreasonable and we should have more up to date information by now

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Everyone, I've been told that our team has isolated the cause and do hope to have a resolution on this soon. I realize it's been a good while and all of your feedback has been passed to our team. I'll update this thread when I hear further.  

Best Answer

@KateFitbit Hi all not sure if its just a start solution but the latest input  (todays) have shown up in the search after I put in a new food the down side is there is over 30 entries that I have put in between March and Today that still do not show - will these be added as when I try to input again it still says that they already exist and will not let me enter the data if not can I provide a list to which they can remove items so I can re-enter then so I can whittle down my favourites list as most are not Favourites that are used on a regular basics but as a treat every once in a while (not sure about the activities as I only use the pre-programmed ones)

Regards

Wayne

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone - you should now see your custom food and exercise activities auto-populate when entering new custom food logs. 

@ashwolve It does appear to not have added custom foods added during the past few months and I do not anticipate it will at this time. As a workaround, I would go into 'edit my foods' and delete the custom log and then set it up again, or set it up again with a variation on the name. Thank you for calling this out. 

Best Answer

This doesn't resolve part 1 of 2 issues I submitted in May. Are you working on the issue below and will it take 6 months to resolve too? 

If I search for a food and select it, but then want to go back to the list of results, it now returns to the main screen rather than the search results. This is extremely obnoxious since there are so many options that come up that look similar initially until you see the results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brookell Hi and welcome - am I to think that your original enquiry https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/One-Food-Search-Not-Working-as-Before/m-p/27457... was supposed to be in either the Android or IOS section as the issues on this page I am led to believe are for the PC/Desktop versions of the program mainly (I understand that your issue was in 2 parts and this part only addressed the second part of your enquiry) and the search bar is on the same page as the list of consumed foods for that day - on the mobile app however it does take you back to the daily page and you have to go through  tapping on the + to get back to your recent food list/search bar (not sure if this was intentional to allow confirmation that the food selected had been added to your daily menu before continuing, also I think the screen size may enable some restrictions that do not transfer between platforms) - I agree that it is a pain to keep repeating the processes to log a meal with separate ingredients all the time and might be an idea if Fitbit could incorporate a system where you can search for multiple items at a time and they show in red until saved and only then will the main food page be completed with the selected foods this may mean using a split page, once one item is selected with the search at the top and the selected at the bottom (again special awareness may make this suggestion un-workable but its an idea) - so could you clarify that it is the mobile app you are having this issue with to assist the moderators/tech team to look into this for you @KateFitbit would you be so kind as to add any further information as not sure if I have the right end of the stick so to speak and finally @Brookell your final suggestion if I understand correctly, is this what you are after? a vote and comment may entice the changes to be implemented https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Allow-users-to-create-and-modify-recipes-in-app-...

also @KateFitbit in response to your answer to my question you say you don't anticipate this time but does that mean that they are still looking into this as there will be 1000's of entries in limbo and saying that they are in the list but do not show and removing these from your favourites list does not solve the issue and inputting again will only increase the space taken but duplicate entries with exactly the same information in the entry so I would ask again is there any way that we the user can delete our own inputs completely the re-input again with the same information (time consuming for us but it would save a lot of confusing) or if we were to edit our own food it saves afresh back into the main server lists..i appreciate you may not be able to give a direct answer on this but could you look into it with tech please

Regards

Wayne

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brookell  it sounds like you are experiencing something different than the thread topic, almost like an app crash. As @ashwolve mentioned what type of device is this happening on (make/model). 

@ashwolve I don't anticipate any further updates, so, unfortunately, the fix is not retroactive. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is old and it was resolved. How do I stop getting these notices?
Best Answer
0 Votes
YOU moved my original post from May to a new thread without resolving this part of my 2 part issue. Do I really have to repost it again so you can ignore it another 6 months? 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NY2TX Hi again M8 - if I have the correct information to stop receiving these messages at the top of the page on the right is an options button, click on that and about halfway down is an option to unsubscribe this should remove you from the mailing list (PC Version) not sure about mobile versions will look into it for you if need be

Regards

Wayne

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brookell is the link in my last reply to you the correct one for your original enquiry, if so could you help out @KateFitbit by stating what type of phone/device you are using as they all use slightly different programmes due to different operating systems ( i.e. are you using a Fitbit One with a Samsung S6) this type of information would help greatly in being able to look into the second part of your enquiry as these have not been mentioned previously

Kind Regards

Wayne

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Brookell I do see that you originally reached out here in May, it looks like there may have been some confusion from the moderator. I apologize for the confusion. If you could let us know the make/model of the device you are using we can review this issue, to my knowledge this has not been reported previously. 

Thank you @ashwolve for your assistance in this thread, I'm happy we were finally able to get it resolved. As this issue has been resolved, I'll be closing this for further responses.

Best Answer