Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 light continuously flashing when charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Flex 2 light continuously flashing when charging. Even I try to restart by pressing the button which charging 3 times it does not restart or vibrate. 

Checked for firmware update, and it shows there is no update to be done

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

I did. Extremely disappointed. They said it's a bad battery. Obviously this device isn't as waterproof as they advertised.

I'm 45 days past the one year warranty, so I'm outta luck. Nice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When did you purchase?

I was told yesterday it's a bad battery in the unit. These things are obviously not waterproof.

If you purchased within a year, they'll help you. Otherwise, they say you're s.o.l.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

It is a Flex 2  purchased for swimming purposes .I have had it a while dont remember how long ? but dont expext it to die on me..was fine up until christmas time,  what is SOL ??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with my Flex 2. I took it on vacation, it charged fine at home then when I plugged it in all of a sudden flashing lights. Looked up all the "fixes" and no luck. Quite disappointing as I was hoping to use it when in the water.

I bought one for my wife as well so I can't figure out if the one I bought June 16, 2017 is the purchase of mine or hers.

This looks to be enough of an issue to indicate that something is wrong with some of these units. Time for companies to stop designing products for constant upgrading and replacement.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Called customer service and they could not fix it. Since it was out of warranty they gave me a 25% off coupon toward new one. But it is not good for charge 3 and I need a waterproof one so guess I am out of luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue yesterday. I hadn't used it for a couple of months, and got all 5 lights rapidly flashing when I tried to charge it. Resetting it did nothing but turn the lights off for a moment. I phoned CS, who were unable to help. As I bought it off a friend, the warranty is void, even though it's within the warranty period. I made contact with my friend so he could look and see if he still had the details.

In the meantime, I left it plugged in overnight, and this morning I noticed that the lights were out. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and it now seems to be charging as normal, with one light blinking. I wonder if the battery had dropped too low and leaving it added just enough juice to let it start normally. Fingers crossed...

Best Answer

I purchased mine new as all my Fitbit products which is 6 in all. I tried everything you mentioned and a reset and depleting it and recharging it etc. nothing worked. I purchased a new one only because I have the scale and have a history. So far so good with the new one. Obviously it was a lemon, I would have preferred better support from fit bit but it was not an option.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
I ended up returning mine for a refurbished one. Thankfully it had about a week left on its warranty.

I did all the suggested things I could find on the Internet then had to go through them all again with a Fitbit Rep before I could replace it with the refurbished one.

Unfortunately I think once you have tried everything and nothing works they are garbage.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think mine is dead as well. I've had 2 huge weekends averaging 20,000 steps per day. After the first weekend it had the heart attack everyone has described here and if felt like it was vibrating for about 2 minutes, but I managed to resurrect it by charging it and resyncing it to my phone.

This second time it also had a 2 minute vibrating heart attach but I couldn't get it to charge again.

I thought that maybe the charged died (I've gone through 2 already), so i bought another charger, but I'm getting nothing during the charging except 3 or 4 flashes of all white lights 😞

All the accessories for this model have been on clearance at all the retailers so could be that this model is being discontinued.

Disappointed the model lasts less than 2 years. I already had to return one during the warranty period as it had charging issues. But I stuck with this model for its water activity suitability. Living on a hobby farm with livestock I needed something a little more weather resilient. Wish I didn't waste the money on a new charger now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ThudnBlundr @PM_3 @Mike165 @evilnat1010 Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! 

I will assist you with your Flex 2 flashing all its lights and sorry for the late reply. 

@ThudnBlundr thank you for contacting our Support team, you could reach out to them to see if they can review the case again.

@PM_3 happy to hear that your new Flex 2 is working fine. Remember that it is covered by Fitbit's warranty so if you have any issues please make sure you review it.

@Mike165 great to know that yours got replaced.

@evilnat1010 thank you for following the suggestions. Since the issue persist I have created a ticket for you so Support can assist you via email. You will get an email from them.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit 

Thanks for the reply

I've just looked at my receipts, and the model that was replaced under warranty was on 5 May 2017.
Does that mean this one is still under warranty for a few days? But as this model is no longer available from the retailer, what happens?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and all I see is the same people replying the same over and over again. like that will help resolve the issue. Even after people have stated they have contacted Fitbit without no resolution to the issue. I called and was told to go and purchase a newer Fitbit product, since mine was discontinued. Which leads me to believe that they sent a patch to corrupt the device to force me to send more money on their products. As for the Fitbit employees on here stating the same, please stop due to it make a bad situation worse when someone is trying to profit from my misfortune.

Moderator edit: Format 

Best Answer

Hello! Welcome aboard @Puglife81. You're welcome @evilnat1010, thanks for your reply and update. My sincere apologies for the delay in responding.

I was notified by our Support team that they already provided assistance regarding both of your concerns. Therefore, since they're already handling your Flex 2 cases, I recommend to contact them back if you have any additional questions about their conclusion, I'm sure that they'll be glad to give more details and information. For any inquiry related to our policies and a warranty for a replacement procedure, please refer to: Return Policy and Warranty since our Support team refer to this information to proceed. @Puglife81 thanks for your feedback and sharing your experience, your comments are appreciated.

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They did not handle anything besides telling me to purchase a new Fitbit, since they don’t care that their product malfunction.

Thank you

Brad
Best Answer

Likewise! Out of warranty so they can't help. Pathetic discount offer on a new purchase which I won't be doing. It's not worth it.

Best Answer

@Sporty7 @Puglife81 thank you for your replies and sorry for the delay in mine. 

Support does follow the guidelines listed in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. This is why they offer a discount to help customers in this situation. Still thank you for sharing your feedback.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
They offered a 25% discount on a price marked up by 30%. Like the Fitbit Inspire HR sells for $99, but on the Fitbit discounted link it was $129, a $30 mark up. I could understand if the Flex 2 had been damaged, but it was. It just stopped working, which is a manufacturer defect and that is why FitBit discontinued them.
Best Answer

Happening with mine too. Support said it could not be fixed but offered a 25% discount off a new one since I’m over warranty. I do believe that this is just like what Apple did to get you to ‘upgrade’ and buy a new device. Sorry, I’m not looking to buy a disposable tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No offer of a discount with mine, even though it was still within the
warranty period. Because I’d bought if off a friend, the warranty was void
Best Answer

Hello guys! I'm here to help, my apologies for the delay in responding. Welcome aboard @TCG725 @ThudnBlundr and thanks for your reply @Puglife81.

Let me share that Fitbit is always striving to improve our users Fitbit experience with our products and services. We appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers, users and Community Forum posts because this information help us to evaluate our procedures as a reference in the future. Thank you for the feedback submitted and your patience with this situation.

For any inquiry related to our limited purchase warranty, please check here

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes