Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

I have seen two people state they got their refund…lucky two!  The rest of us have not and have been waiting a lot longer than 6 weeks. Research  what exercise tracker you want and base it on this experience 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well Success!!!!   Finally received my CC in mail and was able to activate it, using the code last year I did order a Sense.  It has been long process receiving the refund.  Now lets hope that when I use the CC it actually works.  Good luck to all, persistence ..... and waiting finally paid off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Chris! Same! 
I’m trying to train for a marathon and it’s so annoying with no tracker! Mine was just fine as I’m kicking myself for returning it and putting myself at the mercy of this crappy customer service when k could have just kept it. I just liked the idea of upgrading. 

Best Answer

I would use that CC immediately.  They don’t seem to work!  FitBit must be short on cash….

Best Answer

congratulations  but pretty sad when you have to fight for what is yours and the company treats you like they are doing you a favor

Best Answer
Oh, me too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My virtual credit card worked...twice in fact, just this month (July) when I bought stuff from Amazon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

very Lucky!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my refund in google play store coupons, I was shocked to learn that using google play store coupons we cannot able to buy a watch again. Using Google play store coupons you can buy games, apps or e-books only. It is very disappointing after receiving the refund.

I have gone to Fitbit customer support to cancel these coupons or help me,, Once the refund is done they cannot able to cancel it, now I cannot able use refund coupons & lost the watch also.

Best Answer

Ionic users were informed that they should stop using it and their purchase price would be refunded via PayPal. This meant that, many of us who had no desire to open a PayPal account, were forced to open an account

My bank as well my account have been verified. In fact a few cents were transferred twice (in Indian currency) to my Standard Chartered Bank account in Bombay, India. That transfer took place almost a month ago. Thereafter, there is no further transfer.

When we buy a Fitbit product, we pay your directly. When you have to pay, why do we have to go through intermediaries and open new accounts with them?

Please help resolve this issue soon.

Thanks.

Best Answer

I had an email that refund will be given on 27 may, so I waited. Then I call the international number and they wanted me a reference number begin with 2022. But in mail that I received from fitbit, there is not kind of number. A different ref. number. So I reply my mail and write this issue, and I got mail saying that your case is closed! What can I do? Please help me, My fitbit watch is not working now and I could not refund!

Best Answer

Hi there, 

When I try to call the international number for the fitbit ionic recall I get the following message and immediate hang up. "The party is not answering, goodbye". Number used was the one provided: 

All other countries
+44 (0) 20 8099 7960
Monday to Friday 24 hours

Best Answer
No
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I've been trying to figure out how they can now quote me 42 business days when in actuality, 6 business weeks is 30 days 😑 😒.  Something seems off. If there has been a delay in processing Fitbit needs to be upfront and let us know there have been issues and delays, silence and continually extending when you call is a problem. 

Best Answer

@TeacherJess, the "42 business days" is a tacit admission that their original estimate of 3 to 6 weeks is not working.  Fitbit has made it perfectly clear that they are not going to be transparent regarding the Ionic refund issues.  I got my Paypal refund in just over 6 weeks, but the process has a lot of cracks in it and there's no evidence that Fitbit is doing anything significant to resolve those issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in the US. We weren’t told how we would receive the refund. I called after two months and they said via email a Gift Card would arrive. Never did. Another conversation on my next call revealed the gift card emails they sent had issues and most customers didn’t receive them. Still waiting. 4 months. 

Best Answer

It seems that way. But I will persist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

18 weeks?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I applied for refund as part of recall of ionic smartwatch on 13.7.2022.   I follow the due procedure, they required me to desync from website.   Then I created payoneer account as advised to receive funds.  Today on 22.7.2022, I received refund in Indian Bank Account. Feeling Happy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t use the zero in the brackets
Best Answer
0 Votes