Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Weigh In

ANSWERED

I am weighing myself every Monday morning and I am going to log my results each weigh for accountability and support. Please feel free to join in.

Start weigh                   125.5 kg 14/12/2015

Now                              124.2 kg 11/01/2015

Loss this week             200g

Loss to date                 1.3kg

"Slow and steady wins the race"

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer
2,723 REPLIES 2,723

@A_Lurker wrote:

I'm not planning to go back to daily weighing, but I did see a lower weight a couple of days back.  I think that's why I got away from daily weighing.  Still very happy with today's number.

This week's weign in: 316.4 (5/29/16)

Mini-goal: under 300

So with the new scale I kind of went back to daily weigh-ins.  I'm not sure if I'll keep it up or not.  I also had a medical appointment which ended up with me knowing what my weight was on Feb 1st.  Adjusted a little for time of day and clothing, 360 is close enough.  I knew before I started with the original challenge at work that I had already lost some weight.  Adding that in here for reference.  I also added my original top weight, partly to remind myself that I was very slowly heading back to it.

Top weight (at some point):       407

Starting weight (Feb 1, 2016):   360

This week's weigh in:               315.0

Mini-goal:                                under 300

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Start weight 125.5kg (16/12/2015)
Now 118.7kg (06/06/2016)
Goal 70kg
Gain this week 1.3kg
Loss to date 7.2kg
Mini goal 115kg

I have been trying to get into the LCHF diet but I am finding it a bit challenging as I try to figure out what to eat. I am heading towards my recommended intake of carbs, fats and proteins but I gained weight again even though I shouldn't have technically with the amount of calories consumed.

Can anyone recomend a good website for recipes or a recipe book?

Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go.
Best Answer

Starting weight: 148

Last week's weight: 144.8 

Current weight: 144

Mini-goal: 141 by June 28

Goal weight: 130

Happy that I lost some weight, but do wish it was a little more. Our fridge broke (argh) so this week's eating wasn't ideal. I plan to take this week's eating seriously and hope that by next week I'm down to 142.5. 

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
Last Week 171.8 lbs 05/31/2016

This week  170.4 lbs 06/06/2016

Weekly loss (gain)  1.4 lbs
total Loss 94.6 lbs

Ate well this week, it showed...  It's nice to know I can still move weight this direction when I want to.  I'm starting to notice my power loss.  You can't loose 95 lbs and not loose some strength but I want to maintain now and not loose any more muscle mass.

Best Answer

Hello all! This is my first time joining the Fitbit community, despite owning my Charge HR for almost a year. Since it's Monday, I thought I would join in! Best of luck to everyone charging toward their goals!

Start Weight (5/18/16): 170.00 lbs

Last week (5/30/16): 165.00 lbs

This week (6/06/16): 164.10 lbs

Goal Weight: 130.00 lbs (ultimate goal: 120.00 lbs)

Best Answer
Start weight 172 pounds (7th March) Last week 159 pounds This week 156 pounds Target weight 154 pounds Hurrah!! Even closer!!
Best Answer

Start 214 lbs 01/01/2016
Last Week 174 lbs 05/22/2016

This week  172.8 lbs 06/06/2016

I have not updated in a while. Sorry, been a bit busy. Anyways I went on vacation for Memorial Day and when I came back I gained 3 lbs. I was up to 177. It has taken me 1.5 weeks now to work off those 3 lbs. I am still not down to my low of 170.6 lbs. The lowest I have been since my return from vacation is 171.4.

I do feel good though. I finally broke down and bought some new clothes. I had 1 pair of size 34 jeans that fit me with a belt, the rest of my clothes were all XL and 36-40 in size. Even with a belt it looked like I was wearing a diaper, and I do not even want to talk about the front of the pants. I bought 2 pair of new shorts, 3 pairs of paints, and 7 new shirts. I can fit into a small and it doesnt loook to bad but I stick with medium. I am tempted to buy some smalls because I do plan on getting down to 160 by the end of summer.

Anyways I fit into a size 32 pretty easily. I mean there is a little room to spare. I honestly do not remember a time I ever fit into a size 32, comfortably. When you go from size 38 and 40 down to size 32 and still have room to spare, I guess I feel pretty good about that. I am going through my clothes and am about to donate anything over size 34 and anything above L in shirts size. I do not plan on returning to those sizes anytime soon. Maybe Ill stop buy Good Will or Salvation to donate and see if they have anything there in my size. 

Good luck everyone else on their weight loss. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone! 

I just got my fitbit on Friday and am totally loving it. The accountability is amazing and is really helping me a lot. I could always use a little more accountability though and you guys are doing such an incredible job - I couldn't help but join in. I have a pretty long way to go so I'm going to be here for a while 😉

Starting Weight - (6/2/2016) 292

Current Weight - (6/6/2016 - I weigh on Mondays) 288

Goal Weight - 145 (With an ultimate goal of 115 or so)

* Edit to add - I'm female and have no idea why the picture says I'm male? Hmmmmm..... *

Best Answer

@Trish_Nick wrote:

Hello everyone! 

I just got my fitbit on Friday and am totally loving it. The accountability is amazing and is really helping me a lot. I could always use a little more accountability though and you guys are doing such an incredible job - I couldn't help but join in. I have a pretty long way to go so I'm going to be here for a while 😉

Starting Weight - (6/2/2016) 292

Current Weight - (6/6/2016 - I weigh on Mondays) 288

Goal Weight - 145 (With an ultimate goal of 115 or so)

* Edit to add - I'm female and have no idea why the picture says I'm male? Hmmmmm..... *

Welcome @Trish_Nick.  I have found logging very helpful.  I hate the idea of having to log an increase and I think about it every time I go to put food in my mouth.  Is this nourishment or entertainment?  If it is entertainment, find better entertainment...  Good luck, celebrate the little victories and don't rush yourself.  Healthy weight loss takes time but once the momentum builds, it's so exciting to see losses pile up.

Best Answer

Thank you @tamado, I'm really happy to be here!

The logging is awesome! It's making an incredible difference in my efforts. 

I do have a question though, if anyone has the time. How big of a daily deficit is too big? My daily deficit runs from 1400 to 2200 each day. My family is concerned about this, but I'm not. (I apologize for this being so long, if you make it all the way through you're my hero 🙂 )

Their argument is that it's crazy to have that much of a deficit, and that I'll hurt myself, but I feel amazing. I'm currently averaging 60 active minutes a day (yesterday was 74) and doing weight training and cardio. I'm eating a normal amount for a healthy female of my height. The only difference is that I'm active now. I log everything, no cheating, and I am moving as much as possible. 

A little background - I am 5'3" and in my younger life I was extremely active. I was a dog trainer, Veterinary Assistant, and I loved to run, hike, etc. The Vet I worked for the longest also did boarding, and the kennels were in the basement (beautiful, well-ventilated, warm basement - not creepy serial killer basement!) and we were often full which meant 50+ trips up and down the stairs twice a day to take them to the outdoor kennels and then bring them back in on my shift. Then there was lifting dogs on the tables, carrying massive bags of dog food to customers vehicles (dog food was also stored in the basement), etc. Plus controlling unruly, hyperactive, giant breed pups (and sometimes adults) who outweighed me (often by 100+ pounds) when training or just walking them.

When I got sick almost 10 years ago, no one knew what was really wrong with me for the first 3 years. I would pass out for no reason (mid sentence even), my entire left side would be numb, I had a constant level 7 headache, etc. I couldn't work and they kept trying different medications (all tests were normal) and the side effects were awful. Then they decided I had epilepsy. The medication was worse than the illness and I often had to crawl to the bathroom because I was so dizzy I couldn't stand up. Exercise? Eh, no thank you.

So I became incredibly sedentary, basically bed-ridden. I gained well over 100 pounds in a shocking amount of time and there was nothing I could do about it. They would tell me to eat less - my husband and I would tell them I don't eat much as it is. They would tell me to exercise - my husband and I would ask how, since he spent a lot of time walking behind me so he could catch me when I fell (which was often). They would shake their heads and say nothing else.

I titrated my meds down (against medical advice) believing that the seizures were easier to deal with than the meds, and they were. I lost 50 pounds and was doing great. Then they found that I had kidney cancer and I was immediately told to stop exercising. They removed my right kidney and said NO EXERCISE for a year. Guess what happened to the 50 pounds I lost? Yep.

Depression followed, and things did not improve, but I am finally coming out of the fog. 

So.... here I am again, and my family is concerned that I am creating too much of a deficit, but I don't believe I am. I feel great. I'm not dizzy or exhausted. I increase activity a little more every day and it's going so well.

I certainly don't want to hurt myself, I've spent enough time down, but I'm eating well and moving more than I have in a very long time. What I eat now is about the same as what I ate back when I was healthy. Am I wrong? Do I need to force myself to eat more and close the deficit? 

Best Answer

Start                233.9                  5/22/2015

Last Week      184.5

This Week      187.4

Gained about 3 lbs but the good news is I'm back on track. I started going to the gym with a guy from work. The early mornings are killing me but I'm getting the work in as he is pushing me through this tough time.

Best Answer

Last week: 175.9

This week: 174.3

Loss: 1.6 lbs. 

Overall loss: 5.1 lbs

(Mini) goal: 165 lbs

Overall goal: 145 lbs

Proud owner of the Alta and Aria.

Have a book or blog to recommend?
Best Answer

Hi @Trish_Nick and welcome,

in reply to your deficit, 1000 calories seems to be the max daily deficit because it is sustainable in the long run, but if you are eating over you BMR according to your fitbit you may be okay for a while, but to sustain health and vigor long term is why most diets have three distinct deficits that get smaller the closer you get to goal. In my experience the only time ive seen a deficit like yours, the patient 353 lbs, was hospitalised and on a liquid diet of 800 calories a day because they were at risk, personally its not sustainable in the long run, but people on a 5/2 diet where you eat at maintenance for 5 days and restrict yourself to approx 500 cals for 2 days have often reported huge losses as have I at times on LCHF but even I am on a low deficit of 250 a day as I am within 5 lbs of my goal. Athletes too who have a high muscle tone also report doing better on a high deficit and you may fall in that category, there is no one definitive answer for everyone as every individual body is slightly different and we each have to find what works best for us. If you are happy eating at the level you are at and are not hungry all the time, then you may be doing what's best for you, if you are hungry you are not eating enough, your body knows what it needs.

Best wishes.

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

Top weight (at some point):       407

Starting weight (Feb 1, 2016):   360

This week's weigh in:               315.0

Mini-goal:                                under 300

So a huge drop this week.  Didn't change anything, although was a little lower in intake than I usually am, and a little more active.  This led to more than a 1500 calorie deficit.  For me that doesn't always work well in the long term, so I'll keep an eye on it this week.  I'm also a pound away from being 100 pounds down from my top weight, and getting closer to the mini-goal.  I'll have to go back into old trackers to figure out the next mini-goal soon.

USW: 407.0

CSW: 360.0 (2/1/16)

PW: 315.0 (6/5/16)

CW: 308.0 (-7.0)

Anyway, still have lots of physical stuff to do today, so I should get started.  They are finally finished cleaning up after my basement flooded, so I've been building new shelving, rebuilding old shelving (was off the square and driving me nuts).  Will finish the last set of shelving today and start reloading them.  Then the weight room can get back to use.

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Start weight 125.5kg (16/12/2015)
Now 117kg (13/06/2016)
Goal 70kg

Loss this week 1.8kg
Loss to date 8.5kg
Mini goal 115kg

Really happy with this weeks loss. I have finally managed to understand the LCHF diet. I was confusing it with the Aitkins diet and high protein. I am loving the additon of butter, cream and fat and I am feeling very satisfied after I eat. Removing the majority of carbohydrates has taken away the constant hunger feeling. I think I may be a late comer to this style of eating but I am definately on the bandwagon now.

Best Answer

Start 214 lbs 01/01/2016
Last Week 172.8 lbs 06/06/2016

This week  169 lbs 06/13/2016

Been hitting the gym pretty hard the last 3 weeks. Still need to work on my self control when going out. I like to just throw everything out the window if I know I am going out on a date. I need to look at ordering lighter. I do not like taking things to go anymore because its generally stuff I do not want to eat the next day. So instead I end up overeating. I just need to order less when out on date night, or order lighter. But overall I have been doing pretty good. 

Best Answer

Start 265 lbs 09/27/2015
Last Week 170.4 lbs 06/06/2016

This week  168.6 lbs 06/13/2016

Weekly loss (gain)  1.8 lbs
total Loss 96.4 lbs

June is my very busy work month.  We have orders like crazy (I own a bakery) and my lifestyle is extremely active.  I am eating huge quantities of healthy food.  I am not trying to log anymore, I am just eating the same foods and more of it and I am still losing.  I just ate a salad that was an extremely rounded dinner plate size with a few taco chips on the bottom, a pile of different vegetables, a bit of cheese, salsa and taco beef as well as guacamole and then I even threw the costco power mix on there (cranberries, edamame, etc).  That's how I eat.  I had a huge carb day on Saturday when I started by making french toast for family breakfast (with a healthy bread and heavy egg wash and lots of fruit), vietnamese noodle bowl for lunch and sushi for supper - I still lost weight.  So, I am happy that I can consume but still trying to figure out how to get my body to switch to maintaining.  I said my body would tell me when it was done losing weight but I feel it's time to slow it down to a crawl or stop it.  I feel like a million bucks, I just don't want to get weak.

Best Answer

WTG @Move.It.Move.It@Stinkyfish97@tamado, keep up the inspiring work.

Best Answer

WTG @A_Lurker, awesome.

Best Answer

@RubyH wrote:

WTG @A_Lurker, awesome.

Thanks Ruby, as expected I bounced up a bit this morning.  I'm back to the daily weighing and I remember the old trends.  Down for a few days, then a jump up, repeat.  As long as the each peak and valley are lower I'm good.

Actually, up or down, the important thing is to keep posting / keep checking in.  It's easy to do on a week where you've lost weight.  Harder on a week that you're up.  So, general encouragement to people to keep posting no matter which way the scale went this week.

Me personally, I have to get afternoon snacks in order.  It's a catch-22.  I'm not sure if I take food with me that I won't dip into it on a slow day.  However, on a busy day like today I really should have taken a snack.  I came home after 6pm with about 1600 calories left to eat.  I ended up shopping as well, so I bought some dark chocolate mint pastilles, and a pizza for dinner.  Will have to look for something else to eat later, but came home beat, so not sure how many chores will end up getting done.

Best Answer