Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommit to your Goals with 30 Days to Summer Fit

Summer is fast approaching, which means great weather, vacations, and extra fun. So we’re challenging each and every Fitbit user to recommit to their fitness goals! And to help get things started, we’ll be here every day until summer arrives with a daily challenge. You can follow along on the Fitbit Blog (where this piece was originally published), right here in the community, or with our calendar

30daystosummerfit

We’ll have plenty of workouts to try, tips on getting (and staying!) healthy, and more! But before it all begins, here are a few general tips you can start today to help you on your road to a healthier, more active you. TIP: Click Topic Options and Subscribe to be notified of new posts.

Drink plenty of water. To find out how much water is enough for you, halve your body weight, and aim to drink that many ounces. So if you weigh 170 lbs, aim for 85 ozs of water each day. TIP: Keep a water bottle by your side to help remind yourself to drink more.

Commit to eating healthy. There’s no one-diet-fits-all, so figure out what works for you and stick with it for this month. We’ll be here with new healthy recipes along the way. TIP: Start in the produce aisle of the grocery store and avoid processed and packaged aisles as much as possible to help eliminate temptations.

Move 30 minutes every day. Even if you don’t have time to hit the gym, commit to moving at least 30 minutes every day. Whether you’re going for a walk or doing plyometrics along with your favorite TV show, don’t go to bed without having done your 30 minutes. TIP: You don’t have to do it all in one batch! Set yourself reminders throughout the day to get up and move – it all adds up.

Get social. Whether online or in person, find yourself a workout buddy to keep yourself accountable. TIP: Keep an eye on your Fitbit leaderboard so you can taunt and cheer each other along the way – or send each other messages to brag about your workouts.

Every day a new daily challenge will be posted here in the News & Announcements section of the community and added to the list below. Even if you don’t complete a single one of our daily challenges to come, doing the above will set you up to start forming healthy habits moving forward.

What habit will you try and form? Let us know in the comments and by using the hashtag #30DaysToSummerFit!

30days_header-main1.jpg

Day 1: Add Strength Training to Your Routine

Day 2: Take Five

Day 3: Healthy Snacks to Fuel Your Day

Day 4: 5 Starter Moves You Can Do in 5 Minutes or Less

Day 5: Work up a Sweat in 30 Minutes

Day 6: Use Weights Heavier Than Your Bag

Day 7: Start Your Workout With a Sense of Intensity

Day 8: Burn 100 Extra Calories

Day 9: Shake Up Your Diet

Day 10: Work Out Before 10 AM

Day 11: No Eating After 9 PM

Day 12: Make a Healthy Substitution to a Meal

Day 13: Work Out at the Office

Day 14: Go For a Run

Day 15: Foam Roll for 5 Minutes

Day 16: Complete This 30-Minute Workout

Day 17: Try a New Sport

Day 18: Try Out a New Exercise

Day 19: Switch Up Dessert With Something Healthy

Day 20: Stretch Your Hamstrings With These 3 Yoga Poses

Day 21: Try Interval Training On Your Run

Day 22: Switch Up Your Appetizers With Something Healthy

Day 23: Perfect Your Pushups

Day 24: Drink a Glass of Water Before Each Meal & Snack

Day 25: Find a New Workout Buddy

Day 26: Train Like a Star

Day 27: Try Meditating for 5 Minutes

Day 28: Reset your Bedtime Routine

Day 29: Find Your Motivation to Run

Day 30: Complete This Final Workout

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Hi.  Where does one find the activities for the 30 day challenge?  I can't seem to find them on the calendar or anywhere else.  Thanks.

Best Answer

How do you join this challenge, where are the activities posted, where do we post our progress, etc., etc.  I really want to be a part of this so need info please!  🙂

Best Answer

I just clicked on the calendar and saw that Day 1 has a link for "Hit the Weights".  I'm guessing you will add additional activity links as the days go by??  Can you let us know how frequently they will change?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The first daily challenge has now been posted. We'll publish a new challenge each day and add them to a running list at the bottom of this post. 

@PACO1481 @leasley You'll find a new activity every day. Let us know how you're getting along by replying to each day's thread!

Best Answer

Awesome!!  This is really going to help since I don't have to think of what I should do each day.  Perfect timing for me to be on vacation so I can do the challenges every day!  Thanks!!  🙂

Best Answer

Can we make this an activity group?

Best Answer

I agree....I looked for it under Activiy Groups first but it wasn't there.  Would probably be helpful to move it there if possible so everyone can find it.  Can't wait to start tonight with the weights!  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DLF @PACO1481 We're going to post daily content in the community and on the blog. Hope you'll stick with us and find your motivation with fellow Fitbitters in these threads!

Best Answer

I'm in!  I have MS and find just walking a challenge...Let's do it!

Best Answer

Absolutely will stick with it!  Thanks Allison!

Best Answer

Hello,

I am starting this challenge on day 2.  So today I will do at least five minutes of jogging.  It is 7pm so I will also commit of drinking at least 8 ounces of water before bed.

Best Answer

@edwnalyon Right on! Thanks for joining us.

Today, we're fueling our bodies and minds by commiting to eating healthy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI....I'm not see the daily goal posts until the middle of the day, so basically working it a day behind.

Best Answer

Great point and thanks for the feedback, @PACO1481. We'll switch it up and publish these posts earlier when we can.

Today's challenge is all about smiles and releasing tension. Take a few minutes to relax and try these moves

Best Answer
Are u a RT...? PACO2 and PaCO2 is so fresh in my RT student head
Best Answer
0 Votes

lol...guess not since I dont know what RT means.  Or PACO2.  lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Day six brings another strength training challenge. Today, we want you to add a little more weight to your workout, then hit "Reply" to brag about how much you lifted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following this for later reading!

Best Answer

I love this 30 Days to Summer calendar & posts. Will you be starting another similar activity calendar?  I find each day's activity motivating!

Best Answer