Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit One pairing rejected by One

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a Fitbit One for years. I noticed itq syncing on August 22nd 2019. I have restarted my phone, turned the blue tooth on/off multiple times, forced the app closed and restarted my One multiple times. The Fitbit app couldn't find the tracker and when I restart my blue tooth, it is showing up as an unpaired device. When I try to pair it, it says, "Pairing rejected by One". I even tried removing the device from my app and setting up a new one, but that doesn't let it pair either. Any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I spent quite a while on the phone with Fitbit support yesterday, and for a brief time my Fitbit One would sync after we went through a number of permutations of restarting bluetooth, closing the app., etc. But once again, here I am less than a day later and it will no longer sync again.  Very frustrating.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
80 REPLIES 80

Same for me

MD-USA,One all the way!
Best Answer

Same has been happening for me, same day as well. I uninstalled the app, and the device from the app. Nope. 

Best Answer

I tried to sync this morning and the device is not found. I try to get it to pair to my phone but the One rejects it.

I've had my Fitbit One since February 2015. I've had this phone for 3 years and it's never been rejected.

Best Answer

I was able to get it to sync.

Plug in the One to the charger. I had my charger plugged in to my Chromebook. I held the power button (only button) 10-12 seconds. Take One out of the charger. Press the button until it turns back on. I couldn't find it in my Bluetooth settings but in the Fitbit app it synced no problem.

Best Answer

Exactly my problem 

Best Answer

I reinstall Ed too. Not helpful.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue  I was able to sync to my desktop app but it only synced today's data and I still can't connect it to my phone app  glad I'm not the only one having a problem  

Best Answer

I'm having exactly the same problem. I've tried turning off & then on again the bluetooth on my Android phone, but the pairing continues to be rejected. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone, and that hasn't helped. I tried the steps of restarting the Fitbit after holding down the button, and it showed the firmware number. But it still won't sync.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.

Best Answer

Issue is still here.

I feel Fitbit has done this to force us to upgrade to a different device. Unfortunately for them I will be changing companies for a tracker.

Best Answer

Same problem here too!!! The only way I can sync is immediately after restarting the One, and then it only lasts for a little while before it stops syncing again. It's so frustrating!!!

Best Answer

This worked for me yesterday but not today.

Very annoying!

Best Answer

I'm using Android 7.0, and this has been happening to me as well since the last fitbit update (approximately around 20th August). It is very frustrating, and when you do fianlly get the sync to happen by force closing the app and by restarting the One several times, it fails on the next attempt. - I'm also on a slow data or broadband connection due to rural location  (sub 10MBPS).

The time zone keeps slipping by 12 hours too, whether i've got all day sync on, whether the time zone is automatic, or set to the correct time zone, and whether Fitbit thinks i'm in England or in NZ.

My steps, floors, time etc are all correct on the One device, it is the APP that has issues.

I believe you have broken the app with the last update at least for earlier versions of android. 

PLEASE can we have a fix thanks?

Best Answer

I spent quite a while on the phone with Fitbit support yesterday, and for a brief time my Fitbit One would sync after we went through a number of permutations of restarting bluetooth, closing the app., etc. But once again, here I am less than a day later and it will no longer sync again.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What did they say. Obviously there is a problem as so many of are stating.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Basically they had me run through all the steps I had done before -- turning bluetooth off and back on, doing a hard restart on my Fitbit, closing my Fitbit window on my phone and reopening it, etc. It seems to be very unclear what made it temporarily start working again.  Not sure how long it will last.

Best Answer
0 Votes

to my previous instructional message, the only fail safe is to open the dashboard on your windows pc.  that always works so far.  so I agree, It is the App they broke on Aug 20

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
This doesn't work for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed your instructions and it worked for THAT day, but away from wifi, it's didn't sync. I reset again, but only works for that day and you have to sync the next day! Same for you?

Best Answer