Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One - Update 6.64 Not Working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It looks as though, I'm experiencing the same problem, I've recently received an update 6.64 and now its not working. Help!

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

@RunningDallas I hope you're doing well! Thanks for updating your One.It's unfortunate to read that it is not working properly after doing this.

What specific difficulty are you experiencing with your One? I'd recommend performing a restart on it and check if that will make the trick.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't realize but it is after the 6.64 update that my fitbit won't work either. I have tried the restart but although I have a full charge after I unplug it from the cord nothing happens. Help.

Best Answer

@AndyinBC I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the experience you are having with Fitbit One and for trying those steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM to provide some important information. Keep an eye on your Community inbox.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sync in my fitbit one is also no longer working after attempt to upgrade.

The Web shows the last synch on 2/18, with a firmware of 6.60

Around that time, I linked a Withings scale to the account and updated firmware.

I've tried the reset sequence multiple times and the fitbit (which indicates 6.64) still does not sync.

The tracking and display on the fitbit are working properly. 
I tried to add my fitbit to my spouses computer.  It finds the fitbit and the fitbit displays a number to enter, however upon entering the number, an error message pops up.

The link to the scale also appears to be working, as I see the weight in my fitbit app.  I was going to see if I could unlink the device, but now I  receive an "unknown status code" message when trying to log into the withings app from the connection wizard.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AFitterTracy  Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to share the situation you are experiencing with your One not syncing after trying to update. Thanks for trying those steps in order to sort this out.

I believe this could be happening as a result of the update not being completed correctly. In this case, I'd recommend trying the steps provided on this helpful article. If you already did some of those steps, please try them again in the order given there.

Also, your Withings shouldn't be preventing your tracker from syncing or updating.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same sync problem.  The One will sync to my PC, but it has not synced to my phone for more than a month.  On the PC there are large gaps over the last few weeks.  I have 6.64 installed.

I considered re-pairing to my phone, I am concerned the message suggests I would loose the existing data ("Replace your Fitbit One").  I have tried restarting, no change.

Best Answer

Same problem. Just spent a long time with customer support and am told that my device is defective because it is "old" even tho it was working perfectly prior to update. Battery is 100% charged (according to them) and displays fine when plugged in but nothing when removed from power source. No resolution offered other than discount on new product. 

Best Answer

This morning my phone (Samsung S9) had a software update, suddenly the fitbit app is working again and sync's easily.  I wonder if it was an Android/app issue the whole time?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I only have it on my PC so your issue must be unrelated to mine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@sanslos  Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you have had with One not syncing. Thanks for sharing all of those details and for trying steps to sort this out. I'm really glad to read that it started syncing again and that you are back on track now. 

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the situation you experienced with your One. Thanks for contacting customer support regarding this. It'd recommend using the discount to get a different Fitbit device to get back on track.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Must be some misunderstanding. I never had a problem with syncing. My Fitbit worked perfectly but now simply does not turn on after updating firmware even though battery at 100%. No steps offered by customer service were successful. A little dissatisfied that Fitbit no longer functional after upgrade and only small discount offered to buy another one. It really had no issues until automatic upgrade. Can I get my original firmware back so it will work?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you JeanieBe, that is my hope as well. I really prefer my One to any other product.

Andy

Agreed. I just want my one to go back to working. They offered me a discount but I prefer the One and it seems the problems happened after their update.

Moderator Edition: Format

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  @AndyinBC  thank you both for your replies. You can't go back to a previous firmware version and only Support is able to replace the devices or offer a discount as you mentioned. There are new devices like the Inspire and Inspire HR. The Inspire has the ability to be used with a clip and it has a setting when wearing it like this so please check it out here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since so many users are experiencing same problem about update 6.64 ( after updated, completely dead), development team should develope and issue new version of firmware to resolve the problem for One.

Best Answer
Absolutely agree!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@AlvaroFitbit So irresponsible. Due to the defective destructive updates firmware, many One users (I believe not only One problems but all FITBIT items) are suffering and so disappointed about offering 25% of discount to replace for substitute. Think about life span of your products and pay more attention to users.

Best Answer

Nice to see you on the Fitbit Community forums @FBsue. Thanks for the input and the feedback about the firmware update. I appreciate the fact that you shared what Customer Support offered you. Please note that they work based on the warranty policies. If you have doubts about what their resolution, I will advise to contact them again. As for creating a new update, I will suggest you to write your request on our Feature Suggestions forum so our developers can take it in account. The same to you @SunsetRunner ! Welcome to the forum and thanks for the feedback also!

If you need anything else I will be around. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Checked URL 'our Feature Suggestions forum so our developers can take it in account' but it is "return policy and warranty" which is wrong direction.
Best Answer

I'm also currently unable to sync my one with the app tried all the steps but not worked for 2 days now

Best Answer