Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Cracked screen be replaced

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Love my Fitbit but hate that my screen has cracked down the middle. I have not dropped it or done anything weird just put it in charge and woke up to a cracked screen. It seems to have warped and now I cannot read the time etc. still works and syncs to phone but cannot use it as a watch 😢 Seems to be a common occurrence with these watches. Can you get the screen replaced?

Best Answer
868 REPLIES 868

Obviously I can’t say why. Maybe admin can explain to other users!

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: Word choice

Best Answer

I was also offered a percentage off of a new Fitbit, I will never spend my money on a product that doesn't last a year. Own up Fitbit, do what is right!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Best Answer

It's such a shame because I'm really not trying to be a trouble maker. But, equally, I refuse to put up with dreadful "Customer Service" from a multi million pound/dollar faceless corporation. If it weren't for us there wouldn't be a Fitbit community. I am actively in the process of researching this issue and seeking alternative solutions. I have also recieved messages many unhappy customers who are completely behind my posts. Hopefully the situation will at least get the recognition that it deserves. Fitbit - Please treat your customers with the respect they deserve and admit to a problem. I would imagine that most Charge 2 users do not want a top of the range model, they simply want their damaged device fixed or replaced. Hardly outrageous. 

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

They did the same to me as soo. Still, it won't stop me from doing what I was going to!

@Chambo100 wrote:

So Fitbit have sent me a private message telling me they've removed my post about seeking legal and journalistic advice. Typical large company trying to manage it's image by removing anything that may be detrimental. Fitbit - until you acknowledge to your many loyal customers that there IS a problem with the Charge 2 device, be prepared for people to be unhappy. You cannot continue to systematically fob people off. It is outrageous of you to accept that your devices have a limited shelf life. We pay good money for your products and expect quality. I will continue to post about this until you offer a decent resolution to us all. And a measly % off a top of the range device is not acceptable. There is a wider issue and you have a duty to consumers to act with honesty and decency. I will take whatever action I seem necessary. And I'm now saving up for a the new Samsung active that will be out by October. 

Best Answer

Having a conversation concerning Fitbit about what is clearly a serious flaw in their product is like trying to communicate with the three blind, deaf and dumb monkeys. See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil.

Why on earth would anyone accept a Charge replacement at 75% of list price with no further warranty, when they could buy a brand new (also defective) one at a not hugely different discounted price on the internet with a warranty? Or more likely as I've done, throw it in the bin having bought a Garmin VivoActive 3 Music. 

Best Answer

Let’s not have any negativity here. Please... I really don’t know what the issue is in trying to resolve a problem that is clearly a defective device. Any reputable company would work with the consumer to protect its name as well as their continued financial  earnings. How about you guys forward these complaints and come up with a reasonable resolution. And that doesn’t mean a coupon to purchase another defective product!

Best Answer

Yeah let’s not have any negativity here. Please... I really don’t know what the issue is in trying to resolve a problem that is clearly a defective device. Any reputable company would work with the consumer to protect its name as well as their continued financial  earnings. How about you guys forward these complaints and come up with a reasonable resolution. And that doesn’t mean a coupon to purchase another defective product!

Best Answer

They are actually making an unpleasant situation worse . I have found the documents leading to the indictment in . USA. I have various contacts in fair consumer businesses and I will also now contact Fairer Finance and  Martin Lewis of Moneysaving  Expert. And Which Magazine ,  Also the Consumer pages of various newspapers . I will get this to go nationwide with your help !

Best Answer

I no longer care. My Charge 2 is in the bin and I've spent quite a bit on a new Garmin which is much nicer. However I wish you the best of luck in sticking it to them. I'll console myself by telling every person I meet to never spend a penny or a cent on a Fitbit and I'll explain why to them as well.
Haven't Fitbit done a great job of turning me into a non-fan of them and the rubbish they sell?

Best Answer
Yes!Sent from my LG K10, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed. This is now my second one that has cracked. I was just about to buy a new one, but now will not as it will only happen again.

Best Answer

I have the same problem as everyone else, a large crack just appeared down my screen. I hadn't hit it or dropped it. I have had it more than 18 months, but as I live in the EU, this is supposed to carry a two year warranty.

I contacted Fitbit regarding this, and initially, they seemed eager to help until they found I had purchased it online from 'an unauthorised dealer'! Personally, I feel this shouldn't make any difference as it was still made by the same manufacturer. Clearly, a design fault, reading all the posts on here.

I will never buy another Fitbit as they are so expensive for a cheaply made item. They don't even seem to do screen replacemnts.

Best Answer
Totally AgreeSent from my LG K10, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

I've made contact with 4 separate agencies to see if they'd be willing to investigate further and also to look further into consumer rights. Hopefully somebody will help us! I think the more people who contact the press, Citizens Advice, Martin Lewis etc, the more chance we have of something being done. I will not get bored and drop this, despite what Fitbit hope. 

Best Answer

Good luck, keep us updated

Best Answer

Brilliant!  I am contacting some as welt. The account is with gmail  - seems we can only have a “ community” under Fitbit ‘s terms  - an artificial world !

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer

We are going to try to publicise just what they are doing so keep in touch! 

Best Answer

We will not give up so keep watching !

Best Answer

already has one started

Sent from my LG K10, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Best Answer

ah but just wait till the replacement one cracks ( as it may Well do) if you are in total outside the guarantee period then you will not get another replacement - you are paying over £100 for something which will likely only last just over a year

Best Answer