Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Cracked screen be replaced

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Love my Fitbit but hate that my screen has cracked down the middle. I have not dropped it or done anything weird just put it in charge and woke up to a cracked screen. It seems to have warped and now I cannot read the time etc. still works and syncs to phone but cannot use it as a watch 😢 Seems to be a common occurrence with these watches. Can you get the screen replaced?

Best Answer
868 REPLIES 868

"the best option to get you back on track??"" what a distortion of the truth!!  have you not noticed that almost 85000 people have read these posts ? Another 85000 or more will be told by us exactly how sneaky your corporation is!! you are selling a product which I think you know to be flawed and are hiding behind the good will and trust of ordinary people with your false , pseudo " bonhomie   ! Dont please "Hey guys" me! and why would you think we are "doing great today"  when we are all on her complaining bitterly about your faulty product and the high profits you are making from trusting people 

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

Hi I am looking into the as we will be able to form a small group of litigants to represent a larger group .  I am contacting Which Magazine and Fairer Finance plus several other organisations The post views for cracked screens are almost 85000 so there are at leat double that of people who have quietly accepted a dodgy product . 

Moderator edit: Word choice

Best Answer
Well said - I’m with you. Appalling customer service and appalling quality product.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Let us all know how to help progress this action.

Best Answer

The more of us who do it, the more likely we are to get a response...

Best Answer

Yes, keep us informed. I am unable to reply to some of you

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer

Hello guys, it's a pleasure to continue providing assistance with the inconvenience experienced with your Charge 2 device, sorry for the delay in responding.

First of all, I'd like to appreciate all the information that was shared in your posts. Thanks for taking the time to share your personal experience with the Fitbit Charge 2 and thoughts on this, totally understand how frustrating this matter can be. 

Let me share that our warranty provides replacements for devices deemed to have a manufacturer's defect within 365 days of purchase or 2 years if located in the European Economic Area. Because your devices didn't meet such warranty conditions, our Customer Support team offered a courtesy discounts towards the purchase of certain devices.

Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period, take in consideration that if your Charge 2 is out of the warranty period, is not eligible for replacement procedure. My best advise will be to contact our Customer Support team for more information and details about each of your cases.  

Please keep in mind that if some of your posts were removed, a private message was sent individually explaining the reason why it was removed, but you can also check our Community Guidelines to learn more about this in a general way. Fitbit don't want to create frustration to our users, that's why we're taking your feedback very seriously; rest assured, our team will be receiving this information. I've passed along your comments and complains.

See you around. 
Best Answer
It is my pleasure to advise you that I will never purchase another Fitbit product again.  Your company has an inferior product not free fro manufacturing defects.  Many of us don't know exact when the screen cracked.  Good thing the automotive companies don't follow your guidelines.  Happy going out of business soon Fitbit!Sent from my LG K10, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

Ricardo Ricardo what a lot of unhelpful words you reply 2 us all regarding are substandard charge 2 and also looks like the same problem with charge 3, I will never buy another product from fitbit and also make sure that a lot more people here about your company’s lack of customers service 

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

@DonnaPolak @Cam0583 Thank you for your feedback. Support does follow the guidelines listed in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. Still thank you for sharing your feedback.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Yes, but you have created a defective product. Under the Consumer Protection Act it doesn’t matter if it is inside or outside of warranty. This is to protect consumers from companies that make items last for just a short time. Kind of like a FitBit. Your company is handling this incorrectly and you are going to lose some serious market share to Garmin, Apple, Omron, etc. Why would I ever buy another FitBit after how your customer service team has treated me? You won’t even stand by your replacements! Good luck with that business model.

Best Answer

So you follow the guidelines on the warranty but ... you seem to ignore that your company might be selling a product which they Know is flawed from the day it is made; a product which has a very fixed life and which will need replacement just outside the guarantee period !! I wonder how many more products your have sold as a result of a flawed product with a clearly defined life? How ,Ricardo ,can you justify or comment on that ?  Someone will have to respond properly very soon as it seems the Media have now got hold of the story . I look forward to reading the responses given to them and somehow feel they will be very different to the reaction we , your clients, have had to endure 

Best Answer

IanJS - well said! I hadn’t seen your post before I wrote mine..  I am awaiting contact from various newspapers - if you would like to be involved just send me your email address .  I am at Jaqiedgar.          I am on gmail  ( kept it separate as it has more chance of going through (!) 

Best Answer

Just to ask if anyone has experienced insomnia with fitbit ? there is a separate thread on this but though t I would ask edgar

Best Answer
0 Votes

love your post   - have you had any trouble with insomnia ? I took fitbit off for last two nights and slept So much better >..!  gmail

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Ricardo  hope you are getting through your day nicely ...I have one question...why has this  thread been marked with a large green tick saying "Solved" ??!!  Just curious and I know you like to be really helpful and provide us with accurate, nay positive , information .Gee thanks 

Best Answer
Hi no had no problem with sleep but maybe my tot of gin helps, hope you get it sorted

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Ricardo seems to have gone quiet the last few days, I would also love to know how fitbit can mark this problem as solved with thousands of people with broken screens, out of pocket and very unhappy with this company

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

SO far there have been 0ver 80000 views and there must be at least the same number of people or more who have not bothered and just bought a new one.   £20,000,000 wasted?! 

Best Answer

Same here my Fitbit is two years old and just happened to me 

Best Answer