Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Display - Dimmer Now??

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has the screen dimmed after an update or something? It used to be bad, now it's almost useless.

Normal is ok if I cup my hand over it.

Auto works, but is still really dim in bright light.

Dim is non-existent.

It didn't used to be like this. Been horrible for a few weeks.

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

Did it several times and it still does not work. Wish I had bought an Apple.

Best Answer
Sorry to hear. I did it. Slide left go to setting and change to normal.
Marianne

--
Marianne
Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact Fit Bit . In some cases they replacing

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked for me and thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would be great if I could even see the screen!  How do I get to settings on the Charge3?  I barely see the screen even in the dark.

Best Answer
I am right there with you! Just under two years and was told it's
"disposable". Great. Fabulous. Fanfrickingtastic!
Best Answer

Happened to my wife's charge 3, it was very dim, she went to the Fitbit 3 scrolled up to DND with Sleep under the DND and then pushed the button and the display went back to normal display brightness.  I guess it was in Sleep Mode.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn't help!!! I need this working!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gstar1  This worked for me too, it was in sleep mode. It now is normal brightness and wakes up on tapping. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Get in touch with Fit Bit. I hear they are giving replacements in some cases. Good Luck.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you go to watch face and scroll left to settings? Then you will see brightness. Three settings Dim, Normal and auto. Mine was somehow on dim. Hope it helps

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to watch face and scroll left to settings on settings you will see brightness. There are 3 settings. Dim, normal and Auto . Mine was on dim . Just touch screen when you see brightness. I xkeep mine on normal now.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Welcome

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

As a person whose profession is to test electronics, it worries me when a device does not behave in a consistent manner in accordance with its specifications.  Clearly, some in this forum, like me, are experiencing Charge 3 devices with completely, and utterly dark screens, no characters visible at all, and thus no way to navigate to any menu in order to adjust the screen brightness.  Yet, others on this forum claim to have been able to navigate to a brightness menu and change the setting from "low" to "normal", which seemed to work for them.  My Charge 3 has been connected to charging current for over a week.  The screen grew progressively more dim, until it finally vanished altogether.  I can't conceive of the issue being battery charge level, since the green LED on the back is just as robust as ever.  The press and hold reboot instructions I followed failed to produce a usable screen, so I am left with a brick.  Fitbit, care to chime in with a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This would maybe be helpful if I could find this. Clock face is the only
thing I can find and there is no settings there. Any other suggestions?
With the last update many things were taken out of the app. This has caused
many issues. I keep waiting for a fix. As much as I have loved my fitbit, I
will look into other options for trackers when I replace this one. I am
that frustrated.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  I can hardly see my screen it's gotten so dim.  Done the restart and it does nothing.  I literally cannot see my screen unless I'm in almost total darkness now.  Watch is basically useless at this point.  What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came here with the same issue. My Charge 3 display had become noticeably dimmer.

Page 19 of the manual solved it for me. When I went to the settings app on my Charge 3 the brightness had somehow been changed to dim. I changed it back to normal and now everything is fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to clock face on your band and swipe to left. You will see settings there

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  Wife says "why do you wear that thing if you can see it?"  It is impossible to read the screen while outside.  And yes, I rebooted and made sure I was on "normal" brightness setting.   So.....it's a heart rate monitor now that must be connected to the app and not a watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. For the last few months, being Spring & bright outside I thought it was the auto dim function. Not until this month (Nov) it has gotten so bad it is nearly unusable, dim function was actually = Normal. Lines (dead segments) are now appearing down the left side of the screen. I work off shore for months with no internet access. checking the blogs or contacting service is not a easy thing. These problems have been occurring for a long time, rom my limited searching. Have tried all the posted "remedies". none work. 

is there any help for us??

Best Answer
0 Votes