Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 didnt auto track swim session?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased the Charge 3. It does say it has auto exercise recognition, however, I swam 50 25m lengths last night and it didn't acknowledge this as a swim, counted it as steps.

Previous had the flex 2 and this worked okay. Ideas anyone?

Best Answer
112 REPLIES 112

Huh. That's the exact copy and paste response I had when I emailed.

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with automatically tracking your swim information.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, in the help article How do I track swims with my Fitbit device?, you will be able to see some factors that can affect swim data.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alejandra - I have tried everything in the help article, nothing works, no swims at all tracked.  Had no issues with tracking swims with my Flex 2.  

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with automatically tracking your swim information.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, in the help article How do I track swims with my Fitbit device?, you will be able to see some factors that can affect swim data.

Let me know if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @SarahLD.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. As mentioned in my previous post, our team is aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Catch you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my sister the Charge 3 to replace her Flex 2, and she's very frustrated by the fact that the Charge 3 is not automatically tracking her swimming activity!

Any news on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No further info, sorry. Mine auto tracks occasionally and I don’t do anything different. After resets, loosening the strap etc it’s still no better. There’s no further info from fit bit too which is a little disheartening.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

No change here.  Tried to auto track my swim again yesterday and nothing tracked at all.  VERY frustrated!  My Flex 2 tracked with no problems at all.  To make matters worse, half the time I try to set the Swim to start the swipe doesn't work as the face/my hands are wet so have to get someone else to start it for me who's dry!! 

Feedback has been to re-start / wait for an update etc etc. no timescales.

If I hadn't given my Flex 2 away I would have returned the Charge 3.

Best Answer

So I’ve had my Charge 3 for 3 months and it’s only auto detected once! I’m also having syncing issues. It says it’s connected to app but won’t sync! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure about the syncing, get in touch with fit bit. They’ll prob tell you to do a full uninstall and reset. The auto swimtrack rarely works so I use the manual tracking now, this counts the lengths accurately but the heart monitor doesn’t work while I’m swimming using this.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
How annoying! It’s why I bought it!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's one more than mine!  Have you reported it?  The more reports they get hopefully will speed up a fix... I'm hoping!  This is the standard response I received:

We appreciate you getting back to us so promptly regarding the issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Charge 3 swimming recognition case. Let's address the issue to find a solution.

Thanks for the details provided. We were able to see in our system that your swimming exercise was recognized as a walk that started at 7:57 and ended at 8:19.

We'd like to inform you that since this issue could not be resolved by troubleshooting with the releases of updates and new features added to the tracker and mobile dashboard, we know that some unanticipated situations might arrive and will come to affect the customer's experience and take it away from our original vision of what we want to deliver to all of our Fitbit family members.

Since this situation turned out to be uncommon, we need to research the root cause of the issue. This, as you may know, takes almost the same amount of time that it takes for us to release any new feature/update from the previous platforms that we have launched already since it means that our engineering team has to go through all of our data, software, and hardware to fix the issue.

Due to the complexity of this process, it may take longer than expected, and thus being the reason why we can't determine any specific date to provide our customer. Therefore, we advise our users to check back with us regularly to verify any updates.

We would appreciate your time and patience while our team is working diligently to come up with a resolution to resolve the issue you're experiencing.

On the contrary, is correlated solely on the software of the tracker. In other words, even if we replace your tracker the issue will persists. 

It's a fact that this is indeed an area of improvement. There's no doubt that we will make the most of it. In fact, your opinion matters to us. Hence,  we look forward to making your Fitbit experience even better. And remember, if you happen to have additional questions or concerns. Please, let us know, we will be happy to look into it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same experience

Swam my normal 1.5 miles got home wanted to see my progress. Nothing logged

The next day I found the swim app on the watch.

Set it for 60 minute goal. Did my 1.5 miles. Got home nothing

What I have now is a watch that tells me my heart rate, steps, time, has a stopwatch and timer. But wont communicate with my phone.

Should have saved an extra $300 and bought the other brand.

My Flex 2 was having charging problems. So when they announced this NEW CHARGE 3 I thought wow...

Wish technical support had played with it more.

Really bummed.

Syncing and pairing is a JOKE.

Charge 3 should have a website just for those 2 issues.

Thanks for the digital/analog watch Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
ditto! I think we all need to complain to FITBIT instead of each
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:
ditto! I think we all need to complain to FITBIT instead of each

Definitely, everyone needs to.  Make sure you get a case number.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, but even when I set the e excise to swim it only counted half of the time I spent swimming.. Flex was always accurate 😖

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I return this charge3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

How do you get this to show on the app please? 

I'm new to fitbit completely and went swimming the other day and it seemed to work okaii in the water and then it said you will see full results in the app but I don't know where to find that. 

Many thanks,

Nicole 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It should be under track exercise once you sync

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
on the main screen
swipe to the left
Touch Exercise
then swipe to the left twice
Touch Swim
and start
then stop when done

The watch will also figure out that you are swimming and you can see a
graph in the app on your phone.

My watch on March 1st restarted and now works.

Praise the fitbit gods.

Thanks
Hope this helps Nicole
Best Answer
0 Votes

i. swam 11 25 metre lenghs and it said 23

Best Answer
0 Votes