Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display corrupted

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are two lines across the top of the screen on my Fitbit Charge 3.  I rebooted the device, but that didn't fix the problem.  I've only had it for two weeks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
43 REPLIES 43

How did u fix it??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up chatting with Fitbit support. They had me try the fix while we connected and after it didn't work out they sent me a replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The fix worked quite well for me and it’s good to know they will replace. Thanks

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning! I too am having this issue with my Fitbit display missing lines. I tried the suggested reset several times with no change to the display. I've only had it since February.

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called the support number and got a new one sent to me!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not working anymore either.  The functions are recording but no display.  Tried the long reset and did not work at all.  None of the solutions I have read here seem to work.

Jean

Best Answer
0 Votes
Jean call the support nr. They might go to steps with you again but if it’s not solving the problem you get a new one!!! My new one workes totally perfect from the start and still does!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has lines across, tried solution many times - rubbish for such an expensive piece of technology! I wish I’d listened and gone with apple now 🙁🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes
They will replace it for you with no hassle!!! Make sure you keep everything !!! You will be sent “just” the “square” “watch...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a replacement Charge 3 after this happened to me once and now it's happening again.  The replacement was a used unit (there were messages to someone else stored on it).  I've tried the hard reset four days in a row to no avail.  Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sad to report that my 2 month old Charge 3 has the same problem.  Display control software could be. corrupted but there is a better chance that the display LCD's or the driver is failing.  Quality control is a must and high failure rates result when this step is skipped.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does not work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the Charge 3 for a little over 1 month. Now the bottom half of the touchscreen does not work. you cannot scroll upwards and on the menu screens you can not choose the bottom icons (i.e. relax, alarms). With a full charge, I have tried all of the suggestions online, including resetting by holding the side button for 15 seconds while plugged into the charger. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Customer service. It should still be under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my replacement Charge 3 in July 2019. By the beginning of this year (8-9 months later) the problem began again. The fixes did not work, and when I contacted customer support, I was told that the policy is to go by the warranty date of the initial purchase, therefore I did not qualify for a second replacement. They did offer a 30% discount on purchase of a new Fitbit device. I now sport a Garmin Vivosmart 4.

Fitbit needs to improve their quality control!

Best Answer

Hi, my charge 3 screen is corrupted as well just now, I've tried the suggested solution several times, but didn't work. Are there any other solution? Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel the same way as you.... the display on my screen doesn't work property but also swiping the screen from to the left or whatever doesn't work either.  I Have the Charger 3 ,, Was thinking of going for the Charger 4 but now I'm thinking of trying Garmin or something.  .    

Best Answer

Earlier today I noticed my Charge 3 face was corrupted; displaying an unidentified pixilated picture.  I saw some advice to charge it and hold down the button.  I did that and the screen is now black, no matter what I do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just started happening to me as well after completing the new update. My watch is about a month out of warranty, so not eligible for replacement. It sux as this issue seems to be widespread and more of a product defect.

Has anyone come accross any solutions that might work to reset the screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes