Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not tracking sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought my Fitbit Charge 3 on Saturday. Tracked my sleep first night, hasn’t since for last 3 nights. Have to keep putting it on charger and restarting. Few hours later it appears on watch and phone. Can’t keep doing this! Any ideas?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi guys, thanks for your participation in the Community.

I am sorry for the delay in respond and appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this sleep issue by yourselves and the attachments.

@Lymmeln, @SunsetRunner and @AppleAnnie57, thanks for the input.

@SunsetRunner, @Plap17@Mollymitten@Grenol@topmom5@GlendalePaul and @SnowBella75, if your Charge isn't registering your sleep, I recommend trying the following:

1. Manually sync the tracker. See instructions in How do Fitbit devices sync their data?
  2. Restart the tracker. See instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Try sleeping with the tracker on your non-dominant hand.
  4. If steps 1-3 don't work, I suggest manually logging your sleep to reflect the time slept. See instructions in How do I change my sleep history?

If your trackers are registering your sleep but not providing you with sleep stages, take into consideration the steps in the help article Why don't I see sleep stages today?. I also suggest checking if your Fitbit app is updated.

Let me know the outcome. 😁

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
512 REPLIES 512

@Jopw Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 has not tracked your sleep properly. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting the forums. I would just like to know if you restarted your tracker as described in this help article. If so, please make sure that you are not wearing your tracker too tight and if your tracker is on "Sensitive" mode, change it to "Normal" and vice versa. Monitor your tracker for the next night and let me know if your sleep gets tracked.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Hi Juan,

I have changed from normal to sensitive and it’s still doing it. I have also restarted it a couple of times by putting it on the charger and holding the button for 8 seconds, waiting for smiley face and then removing it. I have also contacted Fitbit help who are also looking into you. I have to keep syncing my phone and then it appears. But given how much money I paid don’t think I should have this problem. Have also sent them a picture of sleep not traced screen. Any ideas??

Best Answer

My partner is having the same issue. 

Commenting to tack (unlike the fitbit) hoping they find a solution.

Best Answer

Apologies if I’m misunderstanding the problem @Jopw but what I think is happening is this.

Your sleep is tracked by your watch whilst you sleep of course BUT it gets processed by the app (where all the complicated calculations are performed). Therefore, when you wake up, the watch will show sleep not tracked until you’ve had the opportunity to sync with the app.

Once you have performed the sync and your sleep has been processed by the app perform another sync and it should show up on your Charge 3.

Hopefully that’s what the issue is and not something more serious!

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

Best Answer
Correct and I agree it’s not major, but still not right
Best Answer

I had this problem with the addition that it also did not show in the app. . i synced and synced but it still didn't show any sleep.....and it did not solve using the suggested actions, BUT I found that when I hit the + to manually add last night's sleep, it autopopulated the exact times..   So I hit save, and voila, it HAD tracked the sleep correctly. It seems like autodetect sleep is working, but is not making the entry in the "database" when it syncs. 

Best Answer

Same issue here. The watch is working, but the syncing is not. Not sure if that's an app or device issue, but I have been also restarting my watch in order to sync properly. Annoying. I was starting to think it was my phone since I have an older model... iphone SE.

Best Answer

So after four days.....it tracked sleep my first night but now it will not sync anything to my phone app at all.  I removed the Charge 3 from my blue tooth and added it back.  I deleted the app from my phone and added it back.  It isn’t tracking the sleep at all but isn’t even syncing other information.  I tried adding the app and charge 3 to my other Apple phone and it will not sync.  I’m getting very disappointed as I waited on this to be released for two months before I upgraded 😭  

Best Answer

I have had the same issue trying to track my sleep.  Still trying to figure out the Charge 3 my fitbit one died so I thought I would try the new one, way too many headaches to make it work properly.

Best Answer

I've got the same problem.  Not tracking sleep, I've tried everything to resolve this issue but to no avail. I've experienced a lot of syncing issues since I bought my charge 3 but it seems that once I sort a problem out another one emerges.  So frustrating. 

Meashamox
Best Answer

ive had the same problem since buying my watch!!! its so ruddy annoying and just got my first Fitbit report through and seems that my sleep isn't the only thing that isn't being tracked properly......my workouts, my distance, calories everything hasn't tracked!!!!! im so not happy after waiting to upgrade from my charge 2 to this to get all of this hassle.  But I've just got a update alert which it's doing now, so fingers crossed this may fix the bug we are encountering 

Best Answer

Hi! Haven´t got the Watch to work yet. My wife has a charge 2 and it shows sleeping, weekly excercise, restin bpm, mm totaly 8 small windows on her phone. My ipad only show track exercise, weight, cals, and a bottle, totally 4 small windows. I want to see how I sleep but I dont know what to do?

The Watch only shows www,fitbit.com/setup.

Kindly regards

Anders

Best Answer

Mine will not run the update. It can not locate my Fitbit at all. It says that the ‘charge 3 is not powered on’.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

I just got mine on Friday. It worked great until the update. Ever since the update, it has not tracked sleep. It even says it on the watch. Not so much a syncing issue, it just isn’t tracking. This is annoying. Wish it would fix and start to track

Best Answer

No luck with that for me. I updated it last night (which was a whole other adventure; I kept getting an error message on my phone until I restarted my Fitbit, THEN it finally downloaded). Fitbit says that no sleep was tracked; however it shows up on my phone after a sync. It takes another couple of syncs for it to show on the Fitbit. I agree with other posters; isn't this a problem they should have figured out by now?

Best Answer

I've been having the same issue with my Fitbit. My charge two worked completely fine with tracking my sleep but the 3 hasn't. It tracks naps that I take during the day but won't track my actual rest throughout the night time... I find that really strange. Do we think it's an update issue or we need a new watch? 

I've tried reseting it and unpairing it but nothing has worked.

Best Answer

This is really frustrating.

It's been a week since my pre-ordered Charge 3 arrived and it hasn't tracked my sleep once!
I've tried loosening and tightening the band, changing the sleep tracking between sensitive and normal, reseting the device & updating the software every time there's a new one and still I get absolutely nothing. It's not that it doesn't sync properly, it just tracks zero data on my sleep.
I even put my old Garmin on to test, and it tracked perfectly while Fitbit did nothing.

I've contacted the support, but this is just not acceptable.

Best Answer

Yeah mine will not sync at all and is now causing my whole phone storage issues since I updated the app.

Ashley Shehan

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

I got my Charge 3 on the 11th and it tracked my sleep until the latest update I did on Monday.  It hasn’t Tracked my sleep since.  My Fitbit says “Sleep Not Tracked” and when I sync nothing shows under sleep.  Please fix this Fitbit!!  

Best Answer