Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 saying Sleep is not tracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had the Charge 3 for 5 days and even though my Fitbit states it is not taking sleep,  my android is collecting data from my sleep patterns????.

I tried restarting the fit bit but putting it on the charge and holding the button down didn't start the reboot process. It went to fitbit pay. Any ideas on why that is?

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92
Started in 2018 with absolutely no response from Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya the FitBits are pretty amazing...BUT, they are full of flaws, and there is no pattern. Try this or try that. If it was a car, there would be a huge cry for recall. I understand they (FitBits) don’t present a danger, but they do have too many irregularities. I continue to use mine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 has merely said "Sleep not tracked" since the day I bought it in 2018 even though the app does show my sleep data. It's simply ridiculous that Fitbit have not addressed this bug in all that time (apart from the other bugs we all see). For such a huge company, their software management is embarrassing. E.g. look at their firmware update history. No date+time on any version and all the recent versions simply state "This release includes bug fixes and improvements." This should be shown as an example to young software developers how NOT to do releases.

Best Answer

The bug is affecting Charge 4 as well (no surprise here as it is just a Charge 3 with GPS)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a Charge 3 and am having this issue. I was somewhat relieved when you said that you’re aware of the issue and are working on it, then I saw that this thread is almost 2 years old. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes
It takes an hour or two....
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got hold of Fitbit support around a month ago and just got the standard
"we are aware of the issue and working to fix it" response which is an
absolute load of rubbish ☹️ apparently the charge 4 has the same issue ☹️
Best Answer

@SunkissedAZ wrote:
It takes an hour or two....

No, for those of us who have this bug it never appears on the device. Even 12 hours and many syncs later. I've had a Charge 3 for over a year now - I've had 2x Charge 3's and multiple phones in that time, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, hard reset both of the Charge 3's, everything you can think of and I have never seen the sleep data show on the device - it always shows 'sleep not tracked'.

Best Answer
Exactly. And we are June 22, 2020 and it's still not working.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Very true. I do some partial days. Still waiting for a fix. Guess it’s time to get the Iwatch.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the bug too and it does show up. I hacendado timed it exactly but
maybe try resetting your fitbit. I did that a couple of times and now
sleep shows up. Not a perfect science but worth a shot.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bumping this thread as I just checked my son's Charge 3 pairing it on my phone (Pixel 4) and the problem is still there. By the way the same problem appear on Charge 4 and Inspire 2.

Best Answer

A follow-up on this. My daughter's Inspire 2 recent FW update fixed the issue so a fix is indeed possible also for Charge 3 and 4. What is lacking is just some willing to do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes