Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The display on my Charge 2 stopped working. I get nothing. It still syncs to my phone, but no display and no notifications. I have restarted multiple times, but no change. Anyone else experience this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

Agree with Lance, Fitbit needs to get it together, figure out the problem and make better quality ones especially considering how much they charge for one. I agree once the display is gone it's toast. These things cost too much to keep replacing them. I was given the one I have and the display doesn't work but I thought what the heck I can at least check into seeing if it's fixable. I've been leery about paying for one of these things. Glad I didn't buy one now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 display isn't working as it should. Try cleaning the contacts then charge it by plugging it for a couple of hours directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this restart your device and see how it behaves. If the issue persist then feel free to let our Support team know about the issue.

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine for only 3 or 4 days, and the same thing happened to mine.. It's like the button on the side stopped switching and I'm yet to reset. But I tap the screen and get few icons.. Very frustrating! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmmaPP17 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 button isn't working. Try using compressed air at some distance to clear the button area. After this try the restart mentioned in my previous post.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

This is the exact situation for me.  Followed the suggested steps.  No change but it's synced to my phone.

Best Answer

Hey @BenD8, welcome aboard! Is the display of your Charge 2 not working? Have you tried to restart it? If not, please follow the instructions in this post. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey it worked the first day and then after that the button stopped and now I have to tap the screen. But all that comes up is steps, heart rate, stairs climbed, miles and 2 others that I'm not sure of. Think steps per hour.. Anyway, I've tried to restart but it won't do it. I will have another go. It still syncs to my fone.. Can't get into the actual menu which is frustrating x

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think your answer is no meaning and respobsibility. We have broken fitbit so that we nees the solution. Don’t talk the beautiful words with meaningless.  

Best Answer

We need the solution not the beautiful words with meaningless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DDung if the few things that we as Fitbit users have suggested haven't worked, you might consider contacting Fitbit.

The link for contacting may be found in the top right of this page by tapping on your picture. Or in the help docs by tapping on the help found below or under settings in the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Nothing is working.   My screen all of a sudden had a hazy little rectangle in the center yesterday and today went pixelated.  I charged and restarted, and now the screen is completely dead.  Everything syncs and works, and it vibrates and the green lights flash- but no screen.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine screen stopped working today at exactly 1.5 yrs since purchase...

Nothing FitBit can do except provide 25% discount to purchase another one of their devices. Not impressed with their QC, so no way I'm giving them any more money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jogger, 

You are right. We cann’t give them any more money. I am looking for another branches. I think Fibit is not professional in Customer Service as well as the commiment with the customers. Definitely no recommendation for others in future. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My display is blank as well. None of the solutions worked and was also offered 25% off a new device. LOL. Bye Fitbit. Wont be supporting your business or recommending your products to anyone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has the same issue. Stopped displaying snything this morning. Plugging it in and holding the side button down for 12 seconds seems to accomplish nothing - at least there is no display. 

Ugh. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately all our concerns are not taken into consideration. By providing a community Fitbit has just provided option to vent our steam. I for one will definitely not invest in a Fitbit product as they dont repair or even listen to customers whose devices are out of warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Notice how a Fitbit representative never chimes in to defend their product? They know there is a design flaw yet they choose to ignore it. Unless of course it was built in to help them sell more trackers? Corporate greed and all. 

I could see if it was miss used or damaged some other way but look at the number of posts , this is just wrong on Fitbit’s part .

I have two friends who are now on their third Fitbit . They didn’t know this was a issue until I talked to them, they just thought it was their tracker screwing up. 

Lance McKillop 

Best Answer

Sorry @lmckillop I notice that this is a community of Fitbit users who donate them r time helping out their fellow Fitbit users. Moderators are here to moderate and keep peace. The few of them do not have the ability to follow every thread. However if a user wants to get the attention of a moderator, the Community Basics Board does explain how to get the attention of a moderator., Otherwise we are just wishing and hoping that one of them might stumble across the thread. If they have not responded it is because nobody has asked in a way that they will be notified.

Best Answer

Contacting Fitbit does nothing . They will ask you what’s happening and then they will tell you to reset it. Resetting it has not helped one person , ever. They will tell you the best that they can do is 25% off a new older model Fitbit . They know it’s a design flaw for the consumer, but a money grab for Fitbit.

Ive been kicked off of this site because Fitbit does not like to hear the truth. Their product is flawed.

Lance McKillop 

Best Answer

Very true Lance.

I have read several posts here where the unit failed exactly after the warranty period.

And what is more intriguing is they say they are unable to diagnose the problem. I used my unit with utmost care and I am sure failure of device had something to do with Fitbit and their app updates.

The only solution Fitbit provides is to buy a new Fitbit. And when that fails get another one.

Best Answer
0 Votes