Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 - Screen Not Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

Ive had my Fitbit Charge 3 for nearly a week now and was working fine up until last night.

When I woke up this morning the screen was not working and it wasn’t syncing with the app.

One the back of the device, there is a green and red light constantly flashing. 

Ive tried pressing the side buttons and I have tried putting it on charge but neither are working. 

Does anyone one have any tips on what to do?

Thanks

Best Answer
597 REPLIES 597

Same here... thanks for that.. i tried everything and then resorted to changing the clock face.. your a Genius. 🙂 And it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I doubt I’m a genius. Just followed directions from customer service. Thanks for the complamint.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

did you follow the instructions to restart your charge 3?  This just happened to me for the first time and it was tracking everything and syncing properly but the screen wouldn't come on.  the button appeared to be working because it was vibrating at the right times.  I did the reset procedure (plugging it into the charger, holding the button down) a few times and on the last time it worked -- maybe this will work for you?  I'm sure if it doesn't they'll replace it.  Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, it is working now. I followed your suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 display went blank overnight.  It was still able to sync with my phone and showed a full charge when viewing my data from my phone.  The reset didn’t work but I noticed an update alert on my dashboard.  It took about 30 minutes for the update to run and now the display is working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your a genius.  the changing of the clockface did it.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem - mine just stopped displaying anything and won’t sync. When I’m charge it will only buzz and nothing shows on the face . Via the app it won’t link up at all and says it can’t connect. So frustrating! The battery was low but not dead. Can anyone help - tried pressing the side button and holding down for eight seconds but it just buzzes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had the same problem.....change the clock view in your fitbit app on your phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
There may be a software update. Check your dashboard and see. That solved the issue for me but it takes about 30 minutes to run.

Sent from Karen's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s what happened to me on my second replacement, charge 3. I completely had it charged, synced Sunday night and Monday morning, no face, all it would do is vibrate. On the app you could see it was fully charged. App wouldn’t detect via Bluetooth the watch was near. Lights on the back were working, but not for long.

To save yourself the 1.5 hour phone call I had with two operators on Monday, another on Tuesday, 20 minutes long, here is what you do.....

1. Update your iPhone/Android
2. Update your Fitbit app if it isn’t already
3. Delete your Fitbit app ( ok so you will lose your data) I lost three years of mine.
4. reload it from the App Store
5. Log in to Fitbit app
6. Then they will ask to test your watch again. Everything you’ve seen written on this blog is the test protocol you will get from customer service.
7. Changing the clock face isn’t an option at this point of death.

If your watch is still dead, like my second one (less than four months), then it is dead for good.

I have a 2 year replacement plan on my watch. So they are sending out another one.

Hope that helps someone out there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That link was perfect! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for this - finally got it working after about fifteen attempts at
restart
Thanks
--

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen is not working the Fitbit 3 is fully charged

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems to be working perfectly now. The other day it wouldn’t sync so I tried the charge and hold button procedure and got the smiley face. It synced right after.
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened to me as well. I was hitting a heavy bag (boxing) for about 20 minutes earlier that day so idk if that is what caused it to go blank. But the link https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186 

worked for me.

I plugged into the charger, then held the reset button while on the charger for a count of 20-30, got a smiley face and restart.

Best Answer
Yep did all that, still dead.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Choose another clock face on your fit bit app 

Go to your fitbit app and change the clock view. Pick a different clock layout

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Divatayo!  I tried everything everyone else was saying about connecting to the charger and holding down the button.  Did not work.  I saw your suggestion about changing the clock face and voila!!  Fitbit back in action.  You are a genius!  Thank you!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem, just went blank a few minutes ago, thought it was dead, plugged in but still blank screen. Not even showing that its on a charger.  Have had nothing but trouble with this new charge 3,,,1st one wouldn't sync,,,now this i can't even change the clock face,,,charge 2 had no problems

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked! Tried rebooting the Fitbit several tunes  pressing the button for like a minute, but nothing. Now I just tried changing the clock face, and it worked!! Thank you! 

Best Answer