Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 - Screen Not Working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone,

Ive had my Fitbit Charge 3 for nearly a week now and was working fine up until last night.

When I woke up this morning the screen was not working and it wasn’t syncing with the app.

One the back of the device, there is a green and red light constantly flashing. 

Ive tried pressing the side buttons and I have tried putting it on charge but neither are working. 

Does anyone one have any tips on what to do?

Thanks

Best Answer
597 REPLIES 597
Yes. Call this support number (877) 623-4997 4 am-9pm PT. They should be able to help you. Explain everything you’ve done to troubleshoot. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try calling the support number (877) 623-4997 4am-9pm PT. Tell them they problem and what you’ve done to troubleshoot. They should be able to help. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
So sorry. Try calling their support number (877) 623-4997 4am-9pm PT and see if they can help you. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to the fitbit app on your phone and change the clock face view.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
thankyou
Best Answer
0 Votes

Super. Ik had het zelfde probleem. Maar met deze uitleg doet hij het weer. 😁

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn't work for me! If it doesn't work for you, go into your fitbit phone app and change the clock face of the fitbit! That should make it work! 

Best Answer
Everyone talks about clock face and I don’t know what they’re talking about.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
The clock face is the different type of clock you have on your watch. If you go into your Fitbit app, click your personal card (top right hand corner on the iPhone Fitbit app), click Fitbit charge 3, there should be a button that says “clock faces”. If you change the clock face to a different style than your current one, your screen should hopefully start working again! You can change it back to the original clock after, but changing it should help
Best Answer
Thank you - you were the best help yet!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

No problem! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
On your phone or wherever your fitbit app is. Open the app, go in accounts
where device is listed. Select your device and the next screen should show
you a few options including "clock face". select that to change the type of
face. Hope that helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 synced yesterday morning but I have the black screen today.

Followed the suggestions on this forum:

1. Plugged it into charger and pressed the button for about 10 sec. Got a single line segment on the screen that got wider until it was the width of the screen. Then nothing.

2. Uplugged from the charger, then plugged it back in. Got the smiley face. After a few seconds it faded. Still black screen.

3. Opened the Fitbit app. Under Devices, it says Looking for a few seconds, then says "Synced yesterday 8:58 AM. Battery Medium.

4. Tried the Clock Change. After a few seconds It says "Error connecting with Charge 3".

5. On the device screen it say Firmware version is 28.20001.49.45. (I am using latest Android Fitbit app.)

6. Also tried Sync Now. After watching the spinning circle for a few minutes, it showed a red circle with exclamation mark.

What else should I try?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank for all the details and information provided about this inconvenience with the screen of the Charge 3 not working properly @yeloka, @PapaChino@ArlFla@C_LB65@Bikerchick18@jdmay595@fiore87@DeeG007@Mrsjas@PLNS@Divenfire@jmshu, @Yib47@Karen_Keller, @Harswellchick@SkyKel26@Katiae@Lisa_Lisa@Oceanside1967,   it's good to know this was resolved for you.  

I'm sorry to see you had to take it back to the store for this reason @tonmilx. Is the new device working properly? 

@JohnnygG@Willynan1@tommyecat@cjatta@izabellaandme@Maggiewalasik,  I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing this problem with the screen not working. Could you please confirm if you already tried the steps listed here to complete a restart and that you've also tried to change the clock face option on your device? 

@joeymcjr, it seems the steps mentioned above have been useful for the vast majority of users who were experiencing this. Could you please confirm if you already followed all the suggested troubleshootings? 

@Nerds_Rule, if you're still having difficulty, there's another option to restart the device, on your Charge 3 please go to Settings app > About > Reboot. 

@Bill_Toft, thank you for sharing all the steps you already tried to find a solution. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. 

I hope this help,s keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice on here guys. My Charge 3 was fine this morning but halfway through the day I noticed the screen would not swipe and I could not figure it out..it was still tracking and buzzed at my step count but just stuck on the home heart monitor screen.. Being only a month old I was not massively impressed but after scanning the forum a restart solved it.. Just hope it doesn't persist.. If it does I just hope fitbit offer a better solution.. Thanks again.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mark, I would suggest calling support line
(877) 623-4997 4am-9pm PT.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to your phone...the fitbit app has a setting to change the view of your watch

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the reset then tried changing the clock face. Got the error message "Could not connect to Charge 3".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix the display issue you all are experiencing by yourselves. @Lisa_Lisa and @joeymcjr thanks for the input.

@bigguls, I am glad to hear that your tracker is now working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

@Bill_Toft, upon checking with our support team, I was told that there was a case created for you, please be aware of your inbox. I know that our team will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

Catch you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant- worked straight away thankyou 😁👌

Best Answer
0 Votes