Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting notifications on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was getting notifications on my Fitbit from text messages and when someone was calling me, but for some reason they have stopped, can anyone advise pls 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

Mines the same 

Best Answer

Thanks for taking a break from stepping @E9! Welcome to the Forums @steeleyg. You can try the next steps to troubleshoot the issue you're having with your notifications: 

Requirements:

• Phone should be a compatible device check our list of compatible devices
  • The phone must be bonded with their tracker
  • Bluetooth service must be turned on
  • For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on.
  • If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.

If you aren't receiving notifications, try these steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth. 
2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
3. Turn on Bluetooth.
4. Open the Fitbit app, which will initiate a sync with your tracker. After syncing, you should receive notifications.

If these steps didn’t work, try restarting your tracker and then turning notifications off and back on:

1. Restart your tracker. 
2. Turn off notifications: In the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), tap Notifications. Tap the three dots in the top right and choose Disable Notifications.
3. Reboot your mobile device.
4. In the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), tap Notifications > turn on the notifications you want to receive.

If you're still not receiving notifications, set up notifications again:

1. Disconnect ("unpair") your tracker in your mobile device's Bluetooth settings. The instructions differ by device, but in most cases: Tap Settings > Bluetooth and find your tracker in the list of paired devices.
2. Open the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), Tap Forget or Forget Device to unpair your tracker.
4. In the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), tap Notifications > turn on the notifications you want to receive.

In case of having an Android phone, also check your phone Permissions and leave location on to keep syncing with your phone, for more info check those suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

Hope this help! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Apparently my 2017 Motorola Z Play droid is useless in this department.  I gather that I cannot get notifications of any kind.  I don't see my phone on the list of "approved" devices.  Why is that??  Is there anything I can do about it?

Best Answer

Hey @Beachy21, it's great to see you on the Forums! Smiley Happy

Thanks for checking the information on the Forums, it's very important to know the Fitbit requirements to make sure that your tracker will connect properly with your device, you can find more information about how Fitbit devices sync their data.

Our team is always working on testing and updating our official list of supported devices. You can place your suggestion in our Feature Suggestions Board, I found this suggestion: Motorola Moto Z Droid Compatibility. You will notice that this suggestion is mentioning the Fitbit Alta, but compatibility applies for all Fitbit trackers.

Our developers can check what our Fitbitters need and take this in consideration for the next updates.

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Yojana.  I did follow the links above but am not certain I was able to fully follow their directions -- or maybe I just just don't know everything about my phone & how to make it work properly.  Tracker does say that Notifications are ON.

Best Answer

My Charge HR2 had been getting text & calendar notifications, as well as activity reminders.  I had the FitBit app on my iPhone6S and my iPad Air2.  My phone  was my main device and the stats from the phone would appear on the iPad.  A few days ago, the iPad asked to pair to the FitBit device, so I foolishly complied.

Since then, my phone has not paired fully with the FitBit app.  I have since deleted everything FitBit from the iPad and turned off the Bluetooth completely in an attempt to get my phone to pair fully. I can manually sync, but cannot “all day sync” and do not receive text or calendar notifications.  I have deleted the Fitbit app, then reinstalled it; I have restarted the Charge HR2 device three times in a row as described in other posts; turned off the Bluetooth on my phone and turned it back on; removed the Charge HR2 from the app on my phone and then added it again; and I have turned off my phone and turned it on again.  However, I STILL receive the message “Bluetooth Pairing Failed - Call Notifications and All-Day Sync are disabled for now.   CANCEL    TRY AGAIN”.

Any other ideas?  Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

Hi there @Beachy21 and @SunsetRunner, nice to see you here!

@Beachy21 thanks for trying those steps, as mentioned before when you're no using a compatible device Fitbitr can't assure they will connecting flawless. Even though you can keep troubleshooting the issue to make it connect. You can follow those steps again, make sure you phone and Fitbit App are up to date.

@SunsetRunner You've done a lot of steps, thanks for all the effort! Please make sure to delete the you Charge 2 from the Bluetooth section on your iPad or any other device, using the option "Forget Device"; then you can try those steps again before connecting your notifications again. Make sure to have all the permission allowed in your iPhone settings too. I phone this helps.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit My Charge HR2 no longer appears on my iPad Bluetooth after I told it to forget the Charge HR2.

I am getting reminders to move, but I do miss getting texts and calendar  reminders over my Fitbit.  It appears that my failed attempts to fix the All Day Sync will remain just that:  Failed.

Thank you for your suggestion. 

Best Answer

Have you tried syncing the tracker @SunsetRunner but first I would check the notification settings in the app and the phones notification panel. Then through the Fitbit app send a test notification. 

At that point the Fitbit app should pair the tracker to the phone

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for getting back, sorry about the issues with your Fitbit. Great piece of advice @Rich_Laue, thanks! Smiley Happy

Good to know that you're getting the reminders but I think the same thing that you, it looks like the major issue is that it is not syncing. If you already try these 3 troubleshooting steps:

First:

• If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • Make sure you have updated both Fitbit App and phone

Second:

1. Restart your tracker. 
2. Turn off notifications: In the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), tap Notifications. Tap the three dots in the top right and choose Disable Notifications.

Third:

1. Disconnect ("unpair") your tracker in your mobile device's Bluetooth settings. The instructions differ by device, but in most cases: Tap Settings > Bluetooth and find your tracker in the list of paired devices.
2. Open the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), Tap Forget or Forget Device to unpair your tracker.

Then I think it's time to request a case for you so our team can give you a hand with that. Please confirm this information with me so I can go ahead and request it.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@YojanaFitbit:  I have again deleted the app from my iPhone 6S, rebooted the FitBit HR2, then went to the FitBit website to download the FitBit app.  I was redirected to the App Store, where I doenloaded the FitBit app.

After the FitBit app downloaded, I received the 4-digit code and added my HR2.  After several minutes, I received a popup message that said that my device failed to pair.  Although I received that message, the usual setup procedures followed.

I am still getting reminders to move, but am not getting calls, texts, or calendar reminders.  When I tried to pair my HR2, I received the message that the pairing failed and the option to cancel or retry.  I retried, but received the same message.  However, as I’ve stated before, it appears that my Charge HR2 is connected to Bluetooth because my steps and heart rate are tracked.

I have disabled the “Do Not Disturb” feature on my phone.  The HR2 shows as paired in the Bluetooth menu.  The HR2 is tracking my steps and heartrate, as well as my sleep.

I have reset the FitBit HR2 by connecting it to the USB charger and pressing/holding the button for 4 seconds. 

I have done all the steps  (many times) that you and @Rich_Laue have suggested to try to reconnect my Charge HR2 with my calls, texts, and calendar reminders, but have not been able to achieve success yet.  On a positive note, I DO receive reminders to move and my heart rate, steps, and sleep patterns are monitored.

Thank you for your suggestions.  I wish they had worked in my case!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner thanks for getting back and for confirming this information. Smiley Happy

Since those steps didn't solve the issue you're having, I've requested to our Support team to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried every step listed here and I still can't get notifications to work. They worked for a long time with this same Fitbit Versa Lite and the same phone (Galaxy S10). It just stopped a few weeks back, and I can't get them to work again.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @mifune, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Thank you for all the steps that you've tried with your Galaxy S10. I'd like to mention that other users have reported good results after trying the steps suggested here: Why are notifications delayed or missing? Are you getting an specific error message? 

Please give it a try and keep me posted on the resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@crush22 Android 9?

Martin
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @martin.manders nice to see you again. Thanks for reporting that you're using an Android 9 device. What model of phone are you using? Please check the steps suggested here: Why are notifications delayed or missing?

I'll be around in case that you have questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there still known issues with IOS13?  I am receiving notifications for calls and meetings, but not texts. 

Best Answer
I have some issues sometimes. I have to delete the fitbit and reinstall it
on the fitbit app. This usually works for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info. I just tried that and it still isn’t working. iOS just updated again as well. I have a charge 3 if that helps at all with trouble shooting 

Best Answer
0 Votes