Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting notifications on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was getting notifications on my Fitbit from text messages and when someone was calling me, but for some reason they have stopped, can anyone advise pls 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

Hello, I used to get notifications on my Moto G5 plus but then it stopped after about a year.  I called Fitbit IT and after 40 minutes they determined my phone wasn’t on the compatibility list.  Why would notifications work then stop after a year?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2 and was having the same problem. For the past year I’ve gone back and forth to my notifications and the Fitbit app making sure I selected the notifications to be turned on and as I came to the forum today as a last ditch attempt to once again reconnect the notifications I discovered something! As I was putting the Charge 2 on the charger I clipped it incorrectly and the side button was being pressed down accidentally.

Answer: Well, if you press the side button down and hold it for a few seconds it will say notifications on or off. Mine said notifications off because apparently it had been changed on the device and had nothing to do with the settings! So I took it off the charger held the side button down again and it went to Notifications ON.    
    All this time I had no idea!! Hope this helps someone. 

Best Answer

Yes @WhitneyEP glad it is working, you can read more about your Charge 2 in your user manual.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing dear. great to know this, it might help someone here.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all the suggestions belowi HAVE a Huawei P20 Pro 

When I first installed my new fitbit 2 weeks ago all notifications were working then they stopped

I tried to even unpair the device and repair it but the notifications aren't working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So this happened to me several times.. and I thought it was either my phone or fitbit that was malfunctioned.. I learned it was a simple issue on the app.. hope this helps.

Open the fitbit app

If starting at the screen with your account name and the device you have, then hit the device, otherwise if you're in the dashboard screen with the amazon Alexa, clock faces screen, then scroll to notifications under general and open that. 

Be sure that all the notifications are on or blue, and send a test call to be sure. 

Hope your issue was as simple as mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, I've tried that and it doesn't work.  It used too.  I think Fitbit doesn't support my phone Fitbit app anymore.  Thank you for your input.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I faced same problem before but just resolved it. I changed some setting in hp. Go to setting.. Battery.. Power management. Make sure chane ur power management to manual. Means hp cannot block ur notifications to go to device in order to save battery power. Try it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstall and reinstall the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately I tried that and it didn’t help with mine. Thank you.

Eileen
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yojana, has there been any new information about the inability to receive notifications?  I have the same issue for my Charge 4 which was purchased in May.

Thank you!

Best Answer

hello there. if ur phone is huawei.. it is more likely to face this issue.
however, u can try this mean:
Go to setting in ur hp..click apps & notifications..click notification
management. Enable apps that u want to receive notification.

if i happens again next time, try to restart ur hp.

This works for me. im using versa 2.
Good luck.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have done all this. i do it nearly 10 times a day! it's so frustrating.  i bought my Charge 4 with the main intention of having notifications (particularly text messages) coming into the device (the paywave was a bonus).  it was working great since i bought it; i was in love with it because it did as i expected. now...for at least the last month, notifications are not coming through in a timely manner (if they come through at all!) and the device isnt syncing in a timely manner at all neither.  please, DO SOMETHING.  or provide an answer that will rid this problem. maybe an update on the app or the device?  i'm am so close to throwing the fitbit out the window

Best Answer
Yeah dear. I agree with u. Fitbit should amend this damage through its
software. This happens for almost all the models. This never happens to
other brand.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm having a Versa 2 for almost a year. It's connected with my OnePlus 3T. 

Since a months I don't receive any notifications anymore. I tried several things

• Put notifications of in the app and back on + restarting the app
  • Disconnect and connect watch
  • Re-instal the app + reconnecting
  • Look in settings of the phone

Nothing works. I read a lot that several Phones are compatible anymore. Is there a list somewhere with those phones? Why would they don't support that anymore? 

Kind regards!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of these steps and I’m still not getting any notifications. I have a charge 3 and an iPhone 12pro. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had this problem with my Versa and iPhone6S. Upgraded to iPhone12 and Versa2 and still had the same problem. It was very frustrating because my husband's Versa works with his iPhone12.

I did what YojanaFitbit suggested suggested. At first, it was without success until I looked closely at all the settings. I believe the key fix was under Messaging app, notification has to always show or when unlocked. It will not work if your select never. Good luck! 

Best Answer

This worked for me! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes