Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drains fast after last update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I never had an issue with my versa until I did the update a few days ago, now my battery doesn't keep a charge for half a day. I've done everything that you have mentioned and nothing. Whatever was in the last update screwed up my versa!

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

I’ve done these steps.

changed to original clock face

restarted fitbit

charged to 100%
restarted again

turned fitbit OFF

turned back on

battery still drains in less than 12 hours.

I LOVE my fitbit Versa.  It’s been a fantastic purchase.  I have never had Battery issues until the last 3 days.  Used to hold charge for 4 days now it’s less than 12 hours. 

Best Answer

I’ve done all these steps.  No better.

i Love my fitbit Versa.  It’s a fantastic device.  I used to get 4-5 days of battery life.  Since last update I get less than 12 hours.   

Please help

Best Answer

I have been having this problem since the most recent update. I will charge my Fitbit to 100% and it is dead within 4 hours. Battery completely drained. I have not had any issues until now.

I have tried the trouble shooting you recommended with no success

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same issue after the update. Yesterday, I shut down my fitbit with roughly 77% battery life, and I could not turn in on this morning since it had 0% battery life. So....shut down = still running?? A new feature from fitbit?

Best Answer

I had not tested this yet but ... Sure enough.  

Fitbit Versa charged to 100%.  
Then went to setting and Shutdown.

Left Off for 30 minutes.

Turned on.

Battery shows 90%.

so... dropped 10% battery in 30 minutes when OFF.

only solution is this is a software issue.  

Best Answer

Same here. Seems this is an issue with the update that needs resolution. 

Best Answer

Same battery issue for all Versa owners after the last firmware update.

Shutting Versa down now drains battery at double or triple the normal usage rate. So only way to 'conserve' battery is to leave Versa ON 24x7 ... until Fitbit is willing to acknowledge the problem and provide a fix.

Best Answer

I have not seen a response from Fitbit regarding this issue in quite some time.  Mine is only a few months old and did not start having the battery issue until the latest update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was passed warranty. They gave we 25% off a new one. I chose a versa2.
Not happy but better than nothing.
Best Answer
The problem is the update.
Best Answer

Indeed. I won't want to buy another brand new versa with the same problem even if it is 75% off!

Best Answer

I too am having the same problem with the battery draining and it's definitely since the last update. I tried all the steps to no avail. I wish I never updated my Fitbit versa. Please help!

Best Answer

Is there a way to go back to the last update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues.  I’ve tried all the recommended steps to resolve it, but lately I can’t get more than 7-12 hours out of it. I can charge it before sleeping and it’s dead before I wake up 8 hours later. I complained to my daughter and she told me her Versa is doing the same thing since the update.  It seems that I spend more time charging it than I do exercising.  And it’s not consistent.  It did this a couple months ago and then worked fine for a few weeks and then started with the battery issues again.  This is beyond frustrating.

Best Answer

Has anything been done about this?

Best Answer

@Lsouza04 

Unfortunately,  no.  The battery draining issue introduced with the December firmware update is still present in the new firmware update that was just rolled out as well as other issues.   Follow the thread announcing the firmware rollout. 

Best Answer
They did nothing. Offered a 25% discount.  It is being caused by software update as if I charge and never shut off it lasts 3days between charges. I asked if there was a way to go back to the old software and they said NO.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Seems that I am not the only one facing with battery issues. My Versa used 12% battery from 9am to 12am. However, it drained 20% from 12am to 7am? Don't have any idea about this case, still tink about the software bugs!

Best Answer
No
Best Answer
0 Votes
The latest update from a few days ago seemed to help and I'm back to my
battery lasting days instead of hours.
Best Answer
0 Votes