Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa syncing issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had three Fitbit Versa’s now that have stopped syncing after a couple of months of use. My steps stop syncing, the time won’t update, it states that the Fitbit Versa cannot be found & one where the screen started acting up and eventually stopped syncing. Every time I’ve chatted in and tried the steps given to resolve the issue but the steps have been unsuccessful and Fitbit issues another replacement. After arguing with fitbit because they cannot provide answers to why this keeps happening and clearly have not resolved the issue as it keeps happening the best they have agreed to do is replace my Fitbit Versa with a new in box same model. (This will be #4 & I’m still waiting to receive the replacement after two weeks as I’m told that’s the process — they refused to upgrade me to the Fitbit Versa 2 even with all the issues and time that I’ve had to go without having a Fitbit) With the Fitbit having a year warranty I only have four months left on the warranty and I’m worried I’ll eventually be stuck with a defective product due to the problems I’ve continued to have. I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues or if I’ve just been unlucky (maybe due to that fact that two of the replacements were refurbished) or maybe I have been doing something wrong? (They advised overcharging/charging overnight can result in a defective Fitbit which seems a bit extreme and doesn’t explain all of the Fitbit’s that I’ve gone through) I’m debating if I should use the replacement or if I should look into buying an Apple Watch. I have an iPhone which they have advised is compatible with Fitbit.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118
I deleted and reloaded the app on my iPhone, and it now appears to sync.  
I tried doing the same thing this morning without any improvements in syncing.
Let's see how long it continues to work.
thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having all the same issues you all are describing - won't synch (because it won't even pair on BT all). It was fine yesterday and now it says "no device found" - I've tried on my iPhone and iPad. Also, it's LOSING time...it has lost 8 minutes since this morning Too many people are having this same problem for it not to be an update issue. 

My Versais less than a year old, I've gone through ALL of the steps outlined in the white paper (four times to be honest). I'm getting super frustrated with this thing. It's too expensive not to even last a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

there is no doubt in my mind this has something to do with the updated app...too many people reporting the same exact problems at the same time. I'm beyond mad about this - a $200 item shouldn't be useless after less than a year. And we shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops to get real answers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally- mine is now 45 minutes behind on time and no syncing to phone/Fitbit app
I bought it last December 🤨

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Moderators sleep awake and say there is a problem we are working on the removal. People have not given 200 euros to sit in the dark 

Moderator edit: format

България
Best Answer
0 Votes

There are thousands maybe millions of people having the same problem. Search for the thread. "Versa won't turn on" I get notifications daily from this one as I am on that particular one. This is going to also be my third Versa. The second one died this morning and while I'm still within warranty. Like you I have about 4 months left. Then what? They have made no statements that tell me they are going to make this right so my suggestion to everyone is buy a different watch. I'm even seeing issues with the new Versa 2 so don't waste your money.

Best Answer

You will. I'm going on my third Versa and so are thousands of other people. Visit the thread "Versa Won't turn on" and you will see hundreds of people on their 4th Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also waiting on number 4 coming and I got mine in August.  I have sync issues and gps does not work.  I'll take one off them every week if they don't fix the issue and stick them on eBay. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received a broadcast where the Versa Two is being released. Interesting! Maybe they should start replacing the defective Versa One

Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's a great marketing idea plus a nice way to try to minimize the confidence hit that us loyal Fitbit owners are going through.  
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issues but fitbit refuses to send me a replacement. They said the replacement will only so the same thing. My versa hasn't worked for over a month. So we are just stuck with a defective product and no resolution. I will never buy fitbit again. And I will be sure to tell EVERYONE I know not to buy it as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same. Horrible customer service

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. That is absolutely absurd. 

@JuanJoFitbit  @Fitbit any insight? I know you have been ignoring this thread since the first comment. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa has been working fine since I got it in July. Last night it did not want to sync the Fitbit app said no device found, same thing today. Contacted support about it they told me it's not my versa but that my phone was the issue and not compatible with the Fitbit app. I've had the app for as long as I've had this phone over a year and no issues until last night. Support told me that sometimes it'll work for awhile even when your phone isn't compatible but will eventually stop working. Yeah okay sure..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yah and replacing defective product with more defective
product....that's just really bad form
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what I have just done but I put a widget on my phone to enable me to track my exercise and since I did this the notifications started up again! How long it will last for I do not know! Just incase this works for anyone else. 

Spoke to soon, notification message back again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everytime I got mine to randomly work I got excited. It never lasted long. Such a disappointment in both the watch and the company just not owning they have a defective product.

Best Answer
I will plaster all over social media not to buy any Fitbit products

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

IMG_20190918_215118.jpg

България
Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_20190918_215219.jpg

България
Best Answer
0 Votes